Chicken and Beer Night

Don't Fall for Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up hours later feeling a little bit better than I was when I fell asleep. I slowly sat up and stretched my body unconsciously. I have been curling up since I woke up in the morning to ease the menstrual pain and it starting to hurt my back. I could feel some pain again but it is not as painful as it is hours ago.

My eyes automatically scanned the place and my eyes widen in realization that I am now here inside my room. Eh, isn’t it that I have fallen asleep on the couch? How did I get here? And wait, did I hear their voices right or I am dreaming already back then? Jongin-oppa went home with Kyungsoo-oppa?

My trance was broken when I heard someone knocked on my door a few times. I stood up from my bed and shivered when I felt the coldness against my body. Gosh, I should have wrapped myself up with my blanket. It is freaking cold even if I am already wearing my thickest pjs. I opened the door to see who knocked and I saw Sehun’s face at the other side of it.

“Yah, how could you open your door looking like that?” he asked once he saw me. His eyes scanned me but his laughter broke off when he gaze back to my face, ruffling my hair. That’s when I realized that I didn’t even bother to take a look at myself in front of the mirror and just go and open the door.

“Yah!” I said and glared at him as I hit his hand away from my already bad hair. There’s a hint of blush on my cheeks as I suddenly felt embarrassed at what he said. I know I should be fixing myself now but then again it is only Sehun who’s in front of me. And technically speaking he had seen worst than this side of me so I didn’t bother.

“Anyway, the hyungs asked me to see if you are already awake since we would be having dinner soon.”

“Hyungs?” I asked him. Oh wait. “What are you doing here by the way?” I continued. He nodded his head briefly before he scratched it.

“Well, we were supposed to be skiing tonight right? But-“

“We? You are going as well?” I cut him off. I actually didn’t have any idea if the other members were going with us as well. Sehun glared at me for cutting him off before nodding his head again.

“Yah, Baekhyun-hyung cannot stop talking about it and invited the whole team for skiing tonight.” He explained and I nodded my head in understanding. Ah, that’s why.

“Anyway, as I was saying, we were supposed to be skiing but then you called sick and Kyungsoo-hyung said he doesn’t want to come anymore tonight.” He paused and eyed me suspiciously. I felt myself blushed suddenly as his stare was telling me something. I quickly lowered my gaze to hide my face. He chuckled at my reaction but then continued talking.

“Minseok-hyung and Junmyeon-hyung came inside the practice room this afternoon feeling so tired and suddenly didn’t want to come as well. And then Jongin came running home feeling worried about you and the beagle hyungs just have this brightest – exact word from Baekhyun-hyung – idea. They suggested to come here to Jongin’s house and chill instead. The ski trip was rescheduled next week, by the way, and there’s no way you can back out then since Chanyeol-hyung already booked us tickets. You don’t want him teaming up with the other beagle hyungs whining at you.” He continued explaining. Oh, so that’s what happened. And I didn’t even plan to ditch them in any case. But – wait, did he just say they are all here? Panic started to run on my system with that thought.

“Now you get it huh? I wonder what will be Kyungsoo-hyung’s reaction in case he was the one to get you. I think he will be horrified. Not a pretty sight I say Hye Joon-ah.” He teased as he playfully shown a horrified face, mimicking Kyungsoo-oppa’s face.

“Yah!!” I said then pushed him away, showing my irritation. But of course being a bigger person that he is, I failed at it, miserably.

“You always tend to get violent when being irritated. Okay, okay. I’ll go. Do what you need to do but be fast okay? We are all hungry already.” He said and laugh as he turned his back on me. I quickly closed my door and frantically started grabbing my things to freshen up. Geez, I need a fresh new pajamas to changed into.

**

The boys and I camped out at Jongin-oppa’s living room right after he had our dinner. We have decided to watch a movie, which took them about half an hour to choose. They have been all arguing what movie to watch and no one wants to back off that they all ended up agreeing to watch ‘Extreme Job’ – the movie that I suggested.

I sighed at their silliness as they don’t fit to be called adults with how they argue back then. I can’t believe that the eldest would even fight his other members because he wanted to watch a romance movie. They were all like cats and dogs a while ago that I can’t help but think why am I being friends with these childish guys. But then again, even if they are like that, I know they got my back in any case I’m in trouble. And for that I would always be thankful.

I am sitting on the couch with Jongin-oppa at my right side and Baekhyun-oppa at the other side. Sehun’s at the other side of my cousin while the other two members of the beagle oppas were lying on the floor. The eldest both took each of the single couch that leaves Kyungsoo-oppa sitting on the floor as well, just in front of Baekhyun-oppa, hugging his knees close to his chest.

Not that I mind it, no. Not really. I don’t mind him sitting on the floor just beside my legs. No I don’t mind feeling his body heat as he leaned on me while I try to concentrate on the movie. Nope, I really don’t mind at all that I’m feeling nervous right now that he is so close to making my knees his pillow, a little bit lean to his right and there you go. Nope, I’m fine with everything. I just need to stay still and remember to breathe in and breathe out.

“I’m starting to crave for fried chicken…” Baekhyun-oppa blurted out when the movie flashes seasoned fried chicken in front of us. It looked so inviting and mouth-watering with all the crunchiness that can be heard from the movie itself. I found myself gulped as well as I can feel the cravings coming in to me. The scene was making me hungry, even if we just have a full dinner an hour ago.

“Ahhh, then it would be paired with iced cold beer.” Chanyeol-oppa said, then he imitate how they would open the can of beer and the reaction after they drink it. I saw everyone gulped watching Chanyeol-oppa do that then as if on cue, all of them turned their heads to Junmyeon-oppa.

“W-what?” he asked nervously as his eyes widen in surprise. “No, no. As much as I wanted too as well.” He continued as he shook his head. His hands were in front of him, waving it defensively at them.

“But hyuuuung~”/ “Tomorrow’s weekend already hyuuung~” oh, my. Did I hear it right? Sehun whined together with my cousin. My eyes quickly darted towards them and I already saw them pouting. I smiled secretly at the sight because I think I know where this will end.

When I turned my head back to Junmyeon-oppa, I can’t help but laugh silently. He looked so conflicted already with the maknaes whining to him like that. And to add up the pressure the beagle oppas were looking at him in expecting eyes as well. Poor Junmyeon-oppa.

“BUT I’m driving home tonight.” He said as his tone already sounded defeated. I saw Minseok-oppa smirked at the sight of their leader and shook his head after. No one can really resist those two no?

“Alright, let’s go buy some beers then. I’ll be crashing here until I’m sober enough Jongin. No, everyone will be sleeping here since I can’t let you guys drive back home under influence of alcohol – except for Sehun. Well, unless Sehun wants to sleepover too.” He said as he stood up and picked up his coat beside him to wear. He reached for the remote control and paused the movie.

“Yeeees! That will be fine, you guys can either sleep here like before.” Jongin-oppa cheered as he high-fived Sehun and Chanyeol oppa. I shook my head at the sight. He quickly picked up his car keys from the key tray and put in his coat excitedly too. Why are they being like this when they can bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter