Missing

Don't Fall for Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole weekend had passed but I didn’t receive any calls or text from Kyungsoo-oppa. The whole group was already worried at him because we literally didn’t hear anything from him. Our group chat has gone wild but not one message was read by Kyungsoo-oppa. I have also bravely chatted Minseok-oppa and Junmyeon-oppa since I was really worried but they both also have the same question as me: “Where is Kyungsoo?”

The boys also tried to visit him at his home but he was not there also nor his parents. So everyone was worried and has been searching for him. We were all hoping that their family just went on some sort of unexpected vacation and that we will all hear from him when Monday comes.

However, it was already Monday after class that we haven’t heard anything from Kyungsoo-oppa yet. Almost all members were already here in the practice room wearing worried faces. Junmyeon-oppa was still not yet around but he had informed the group that he will be coming a little bit later.

Kyungsoo-oppa was absent for today so Minseok-oppa strongly suggested that instead of having practice today, we will formulate a plan on how to know where the missing guy is. Everybody agreed to it because we all have this uncertain fear creeping in our minds already.

“I’ve already contacted his parents this afternoon but I’ve got none. Apparently, they were both in overseas business trips that’s why they were not present at their house. They told me they’ll contact Kyungsoo as well and let me know if they heard anything from him. Since last Friday they have received a text from him that he would be staying over a friend’s house over the weekend.” Minseok-oppa said as his gaze roamed around us.

“Well, we were all searching for him so I know he was not in one of our house. They thought that ‘friend’ was one of us that’s why they didn’t ask him further questions. And adding to that, they also don’t have any idea that Kyungsoo skipped classes today.” He continued and everyone of us sighed worriedly. This was so unlike him, making everyone worried looking for him.

To: Do Kyungsoo

Just please let me know that you are safe.

I texted him again for the nth time. Silently praying that he is fine and this time he would message back. Just a simple dot will do. That would at least put our hearts at ease a little because anxiety is already visible on our faces.

“I think we should go ask for police’s help?” Jongdae-oppa suggested and I felt myself stiffened. Everyone turned to looked at him, considering his suggestion. I felt Jongin-oppa squeeze my shoulder lightly in comforting manner. My heart beats were already fast because of nervousness and fear. This was getting serious already, mostly having the police looked for him.

“Yes, I agree. I think I can get my uncle to help us. I mean, not to stir too much attention.” Chanyeol-oppa said as he pulled his phone from his pocket and started to type something. Everyone kept silence, waiting for him.

“You don’t need to do that Chanyeol-ah.” Junmyeon-oppa’s voice echoed the whole practice room. We all turned our heads towards the door and found the Junmyeon-oppa, coming in.

“Kyungsoo, called me just a few minutes ago. I don’t know what really happened but he was using a different number. He told me that he was fine and that he would be back tomorrow – well of course with explanations. He has already contacted his parents before our call so it’s all good now.” He said as he approached us. Everyone breathe out a relief sigh after hearing this news. We stayed silent after that, no one knows what to say since we have no idea what happened. My gripped around my phone tightens as I think of the reason why he suddenly disappears.

“He really didn’t say anything to you hyung?” it was Baekhyun-oppa who broke the silence.

“No, I’m sorry Baekhyun. But that’s all I’ve got from him. He seems to be rushing too because he dropped the call quickly after he told me those. I’ve tried to call back the number he had used but my call already redirected to his voice mails.” Junmyeon-oppa said and his shoulders fell a little. Worry was evident on his face but he can’t do anything as of the moment – we all can’t, even if we wanted to help.

“This was just so unfair. I know he mostly like to keep everything to himself but we were friends. Why was he being like this?” Chanyeol-oppa said sadly, pouting at the end of it.

“How about you Hye Joon-ah? You didn’t noticed anything different about Kyungsoo the past days?” Minseok-oppa asked. Everyone’s attention’s suddenly were on me. I shook my heads sadly in response to his question.

“No, he was okay, things were okay as usual. That’s what I all know. I didn’t see nor notice anything different with him.” I said softly. And now it makes me wonder, am I just blinded by the happiness I am currently experiencing because of my feelings towards Kyungsoo-oppa that I failed to noticed that something was different or bothering him? My heart sunk more thinking about this. I’m always looking at him but still fail to see that there’s something wrong with him.

“I should have noticed something about him, look out for him more. I’m sorry oppa.” I whispered back at him.

“Hey, hey, Hye Joon-ah. Don’t think like that. I’m not implying anything. I just want to know if he had shared you anything since it is you who he mostly talk to these days.” Minseok-oppa said as he went over my side and put his arm around my shoulder in comforting manner. I just gave out a sigh and smiled a little back at him.

“I’m really sorry but I’ve also got none oppa. I’m also clueless as you are.”

**

I was staring at the ceiling while lying on my bed. The clock already says 10 in the evening but I am still wide awake, restlessness. Jongin-oppa already told me that Kyungsoo-oppa attended their practice awhile ago but I didn’t have the chance to talk to him. He was still not yet there when I got there and he was also still missing the moment I went home.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter