Best Friends

Don't Fall for Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are we really going Sehun-ah?” I asked him as I fasten my seat belt. As planned, Sehun and I are going somewhere this Friday night. This time he indeed kept his promise as Jongin-oppa knew about this. And I was hesitant at first since oppa’s cool with it and didn’t even whine about going with us.

“Just sit down and relax. We won’t go anywhere dangerous.” He joked as he fasten his seatbelt as well before shifting the gear of his car, putting it in reverse. Once we got out of the university premises he some music.

“You might as well try to take a nap first?” he offered when he noticed me trying to fight off my yawn from releasing. I have burned the midnight oil last night as my professor in English subject suddenly gave us a book to review and the paper would be submitted the next day. I don’t know what came into his mind chatting on our class group chat for his subject and announcing that suddenly.

“Hmm. Where are we going first?” I asked as I get my head comfortable on his car seat and felt my eyes closed. I heard him chuckle at what I said and I drifted off immediately to sleep.

“Sleep well Hye Joon-ah.”

**

“Just enjoy, I’m not actually into where he would be taking you.” Jongin-oppa boredly answered when I barged inside his room on Wednesday night and asked him if he really won’t be coming with us. We are both wearing our pajamas and he was currently fixing his things to prepare for bed.

“Why?” I asked him as I threw myself on his bed. This was actually my favorite place in his room. We have the same bed (I think) but his mattress and pillows are way more softer than mine. His comforter also felt softer against my skin though it is thick. The smell of his room is also relaxing since he loved to use essential oil infused scents together with his humidifier.

Also, my favorite of them all, he had his big brown teddy bear that he named ‘Nini’ that was wearing a grey sweater. He had this teddy bear since he was a kid and it lies beside him on his bed. He slept while hugging it and I really doubt sometimes if he was really a full grown man.

“Why?” he asked me back as he sat down his bed also. I rest my back at the headboard as I hugged Nini tightly. I stayed silent for a couple of seconds before I answered him honestly.

“I-I don’t know. You are always with us whenever we are going out. It kind of feel weird I guess now that I’m thinking that it would be only the two of us.” I told him as I frowned a little.

“Hm. Aren’t the two of you going out alone last semester? I mean besides the beach trip, he was mostly the person who drove you home, and there’s always things that came in between that right?” he said and I was about to protest when he held up a finger to me to shut up.

“Don’t try deny it Hye Joon-ah. Because I know very well that our house is only 20 minutes away from the university, with traffic it would be maxed an hour back and forth. But he was mostly gone for more than an hour and half at least. And, he was always full when he comes back.” He told me as a matter of fact. I blushed a little as he eyed weirdly me after he said those things.

“Y-yah, it was Sehun’s fault! He would always want to order some snack through drive-thru and eat while driving.” I told him but my voice came out defensively. Oppa chuckled at my reaction and nodded his head. I pouted but glared at him as well.

“Sneaky brat.” I heard Jongin-oppa muttered under his breath as he chuckled once again and ruffled my hair. Shaking his head in amusement, he crawled on his bed and sat beside me, back also resting on the headboard. He hugged one of his pillows while I put my head on his shoulder, hugging Nini closer to my chest.

“You two have been closer since the start of the semester, so why are you suddenly feeling this way?” he asked after minutes of comfortable silence. I contemplated on his question first before answering.

“It feels, I don’t know… weird? I’m used to it but somehow, the trip tomorrow, feels kind of different. Like, something will change after that.” I answered him and sighed afterwards.

“Why is it weird, hm?” he asked once again. I stared into the space in front of us, thinking of an answer. What exactly happened, I’m not sure. But I suddenly felt like this. I don’t want to think further into this, I know it would only lead to something I am avoiding since then. I have already kept that deep at the bottom of my head. I’m not going to open that again and destroy what I have. When I didn’t gave him answer after a minute he shook his head and speak again.

“Anyway, don’t flinch about it. Wherever the two of you will go I know you will like it. And I trust that Sehun will keep you safe.” He said as he patted my head. I know he will, always. I just sighed at him before standing up.

“I’ll go back and sleep now. Good night oppa.” I told him as I started walking out of his room, still hugging his teddy bear.

“Yah, don’t bring Nini, that’s mine.” He said, hand reaching out and I immediately walked faster, giggling. He was pouting already as he eyed his teddy bear.

“I’m kidnapping him tonight!” I told as I looked back at him and stuck my tongue out. Once I saw him getting out of his bed I quickly run towards my room and locked it.

“Yah, Han Hye Joon!” he whined loudly as he knocked at my door. I just laughed at him and lied down my bed, hugging Nini closer to my chest.

“Good night oppa!” I shouted as I closed my eyes with a smile on my lips.

**

“Just-Just give me a few minutes Hye Joon-ah.” Sehun begged as he sat down on the bench, holding his head. I chuckled at his sight and handed him the bottled water I bought after our ride. He accepted it and drank half of its content in one go. I sat beside him as he took a rest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter