CH.7

I Was Afraid

"Soojin-ah, please hear me out." Jeonghan begged. Seungcheol left the bestfriends at the living room to give them privacy.

"Before I start, I bought something for you." Jeonghan shyly showed the bouquet to his bestfriend. "I know you like roses, so I bought it for you and this is also for my apology to you."

Soojin slowly took the bouquet from Jeonghan and mumbled, "Thanks." She then sat down carefully and asked Jeonghan to do the same, so he did.

Jeonghan sighed deeply before he started the conversation.

"First of all, I am really sorry. I'm sorry because I wasn't beside you the past few months. I didn't get to take care of you-"

"I know. Just tell me why you were like this." Soojin cut him off.

"I was a-afraid, Soojin-ah." Jeonghan said with a shaky voice.

"What are you afraid of?"

"I was a-afraid that I think I won't be a g-good father to our twins." Jeonghan sobbed. "But I do really love you, Soojin-ah. And I know I can do everything for you because I love you. I was just really afraid." He sniffed.

"So, you'll be here for me from now on?"

"Yes, I will be. I deserve to pay you back everything for you and for our soon-to-be born babies." Jeonghan said seriously.

"Th-thank you, Jeonghan. I thought you'll leave me forever." Soojin can't help but started to cry. Jeonghan stood up from his seat and sat beside Soojin to pull her into a hug.

"I'm so sorry, Choi Soojin. I hope you'll forgive me." Jeonghan said and gave a peck on Soojin's forehead.

"I forgive you."

It was 3 in the afternoon when the parents of Choi siblings came back home from their business trip.

"Soojin-ah! Seungcheol-ah! We're finally back after a few months." Mr. Choi said happily while removing his shoes at the entrance door.

Soojin heard her father's words and immediately stood up. Jeonghan is still at their house and fell asleep on a sofa at the living room. She carefully ran to her father and hugged him.

"Dad, I missed you!" Soojin happily said. Her father then felt the big gap between them. He slowly pushed Soojin away and saw his daughter's big stomach.

"Soojin-ah, you're pr-pregnant?" Her father asked, still looking at her stomach.

"Dad, I'll explain everything. I'm sorry. I hope you and mom won't get mad." Soojin pouted.

"Your mom is still outside, grabbing our other stuff. After she got inside, we have to talk about this." Soojin just nodded and went back to the living room to wake Jeonghan up.

The bestfriends get themselves ready. When Mr. and Mrs. Choi were done getting their stuff outside, they went to the living room and sat across their daughter and Jeonghan.

"H-how are you, Soojin? Why you didn't tell us about this?" Her mom started.

Soojin and Jeonghan explained everything all what happened. They hope the Choi parents won't get mad. Jeonghan already apologized to Soojin's parents for being not beside Soojin the past few months.

"This is not a p-prank, right?" Mrs. Choi asked with a shaky voice.

"No, mom. It's true. I also stopped going to school when I reached my 3rd month but don't worry, I'll continue my college after I give birth to my twins." Soojin said.

Soojin's parents looked at each other and then back to their daughter. They weren't sure if they heard it right.

"Did you s-say twins?" Mrs. Choi asked.

"Yes, mom. Take a look at this." Soojin said and grabbed the envelope beside her and gave it to her parents.

Mrs. Choi still couldn't believe her daughter is pregnant. She took the ultrasound result and looked at it. Her hands are shaking.

"Soojin-ah. You'll be a mother too early."

"You want to touch it?" Soojin asked, rubbing her stomach.

Mrs. Choi didn't hesitate and stood up to touch her daughter's big stomach.

"Oh my god. It's really real." Mrs. Choi said while caressing her daughter's stomach.

"Won't you mind if I lift your shirt up?" Soojin just nodded at her mother's question. Her mother then slowly lift her daughter's shirt up and caressed her stomach.

"They'll be kicking soon." Mrs. Choi chuckled.