CH.11

I Was Afraid

Seungcheol is home alone and just watching a movie at the living room while Soojin and Jeonghan went out to buy their babies' needs.

Feeling sleepy, Seungcheol turned off the television. He was about to go to his bedroom when he heard the doorbell rang.

"Hi Seungcheol!" One of his closest friend, Joshua Hong, greeted as Seungcheol opened the door.

"Hey Josh, what brings you here?"

"I just want to visit you." Joshua smiled.

"Come in."

 

"So, how are you?" Joshua asked as he entered the living room and sat on the sofa.

"I'm doing well. I just got a job and will start next week. How about you?" Seungcheol said and sat across his friend.

"I just got a job, too. But I'll be working in my hometown."

"Oh, in LA? So, are you going to leave soon?"

"In a month. That's also the reason why I came here to visit you." Joshua smiled.

Seungcheol chuckled and said, "To visit me? Really? I know you want to visit my sister, too." He teased.

Joshua likes Soojin since the first time he saw her but only Seungcheol knows. He never got a chance to confess his feelings to Soojin because she's always with Jeonghan.

"Well, yeah." Joshua answered shyly. "I haven't seen her in months. How is she? I never heard of her since Minghao's pool party. I couldn't even contact her, I was too busy."

Seungcheol bit his lip. He doesn't know if he'll tell Joshua about Soojin got pregnant by Jeonghan.

"Uhm, she's doing well. She just ne-"

"Cheol oppa, we're home." Seungcheol's words got cut off when he heard Soojin's voice.

"She's here!" Joshua said excitedly. He hasn't seen the girl he likes in months and now this is the chance to see her again.

Joshua's smile faded when he saw Soojin entered the living room and Jeonghan behind her.

"Yo-you're pregnant?" Joshua asked, confused. He doesn't have any idea how Soojin got pregnant.

"H-hi Josh. Yes, I am. It's been months, how are you?"

"Fine. You? A-and your baby?" Joshua asked, still can't believe Soojin is pregnant.

"I'm doing well, and so the babies too."

"Wait, babies?" Joshua asked, confused.

"Yeah, I'm carrying twins." Soojin chuckled.

"For how many months? And for sure, Jeonghan is the father, right?"

"My due will be next month, and yes, Jeonghan is the father of the twins."

"Congratulations to both of you then. Too early but you'll become parents very soon." Joshua smiled, trying to hide the pain he's feeling. He won't ask anymore how Soojin got pregnant, maybe it will just hurt him more.

"Thanks although he accidentally got me pregnant." Soojin said and chuckled. "But I'll continue college after I give birth."

"Accidentally? Hmmm. When did they do that tho? Nevermind." Joshua thought.

There was a moment of silence.

"So, uhm, what do you want to eat before you leave?" Seungcheol broke the silence by asking Joshua.

Joshua faced Seungcheol and said, "I'm good. Thanks."

"So, I have to go now." Joshua said as he looked at his wristwatch. "Thanks for your time. Take care guys."

"Sure. Thanks for visiting! See you again next time." Seungcheol said and patted Joshua's shoulder.

Joshua then faced Soojin and said, "Take care, Soojin-ah. Don't let yourself get stressed."

"Sure. Thanks, Josh." Soojin faintly smiled.

"Take care of Soojin well, okay?" He told Jeonghan.

"I always am." Jeonghan said.

Joshua bid his goodbyes for the last time and then left the Choi family's house.