Nine

Baby Steps | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Weird." Jeno's puzzled. Since the moment he woke up, he's been looking at his phone. Today is Saturday, usually, when he doesn't have a plan to see Jaemin, the younger one will spam any of the messages on his line.

But his phone is quiet today, and he feels new.

"Is he studying?" he asked, still staring at the screen.

Then he remembered, "Why am I looking for him?" Jeno wondered, glaring at his phone, before tossing it away to his room.

"."

Should I text him?

Why should I?

He ruffled his hair and looked at his phone again then, to his book while playing with his pen.

No. He's the one who's courting me so I shouldn't.

"What? Did I just admit that? Woah." He shrugged then decided to focus on his study again.

Well, that's the truth though. Whether he says no or yes, Jaemin will still court him.

Of all people why him?

There are so many people who are more in love with him, why did he choose him?

Jeno looks at his phone from his bed again and ruffles his hair harshly.

He doesn't want to admit that he's missing him. Jeno is missing Jaemin. Well, how can he not? He started getting used to Jaemin's presence and his flirty lines. Every morning, the younger one always sent him a message greeting him good morning.

And the thing is, he can see that Jaemin is really serious about him.

He can no longer study, he's been studying days before examinations, and the good student he is, he's still studying, so examination days are not a concern.

Jeno is damn bored right now.

Suddenly, his phone rang, and Jeno immediately jumped up and pulled his phone out of his bed. After hearing his ringtone for a long period of time, he was never this happy. He smiled. It's Jaemin so he answered quickly.

"Hi baby." Jaemin greets him.

"Yeah, baby your face." Jeno's still smiling. He can't help it. "Why did you call?"

"I just want to tell you that I am studying right now and I just feel like you miss me so I called." He heard the younger chuckled.

"What kind of nonsense is that?" Jeno said, but he's still smiling wide. He didn't know why he was so happy. "You're studying?"

"Mm. I will show you what I am capable of, and of course I'm inspired. Thanks for your promise."

Jeno's cheeks suddenly turned red when he heard that. There's no turning back now.

"And, yeah. I miss you Jeno-yah. Sorry I didn't call, I'm studying hard right now."

"It's okay."

"I'll see you later after this."

"No, just keep studying."

"Oho, I want to take a break too. It's frustrating, you know? Seeing you will be okay."

Jeno sighs. Deep inside his heart, he wants to see the younger too anyway. He couldn't stop his heart from wanting to see him too.

He knew what he said in the past, about dating Jaemin. He wanted to be a man of his words that he will never date someone like him.

However, what can he do now that he's starting to fall for him? The time that he spent with Jaemin helped Jeno to know Jaemin better and he came to realize that he's not that bad. He shouldn't judge someone based on what he sees and he feels guilty. It is true that he cannot tell his heart what to do and who to fall for. As if he can stop it now.

---

"Jeno-yah!" Jaemin calls Jeno as soon as he sees the older one approaching. He waves his hand and runs towards him.

"Why are you so happy?" Jeno asked while trying to hide his smile. Seeing Jaemin smiling like this is somehow contagious, so it made him smile too.

"I miss you! Duh? Of course, I'm happy to see you. I'm a little surprised that you let me meet you."

"Why not?"

Jaemin glances at him, he couldn't believe that Jeno really asked him. Like really? He didn't know?

"You always say no."

Jeno pressed his lips into a thin line and he just realized that. "Oh."

"It doesn't matter. Anyway, how are you?"

"I'm fine."

"I'm sure you're bored." Jaemin chuckles.

The younger is still snuggled on Jeno but he doesn't care if people are looking at them. Still, Jaemin is weirded out because Jeno is not pushing him away like he always does when he's being clingy. Jeno will push him the moment he approaches him to hug or hold him, but surprisingly today, he didn't do that.

"How did you know?"

"I know you're studying well everyday and exams are nothing for you. Right?"

Yeah, Jaemin is right.

Jeno glances at him and he sees the younger's pretty smile and sparkling eyes. It made his heart pound harder just by looking at him, his heart seems really like what he's seeing right now.

"Jeno?"

"Do you need help?" He asked Jaemin.

"Hmm?"

"Do you want me to help you study?"

Damn it Jeno, just admit that you want him to do well because of that date!

Jaemin's head lies on Jeno's shoulder, attempting to think carefully. He liked the idea, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter