Nineteen

Baby Steps | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeno was hesitant to go inside, and he looked back to see Jaemin because he didn't want to take this exam. Jeno knows he can do better and more, but why would he study abroad when he can study here and be with Jaemin instead? He prefers things to be simple, and adjusting will be difficult for him.

 

"I don't think this opportunity is for me." He mumbles and focuses his attention on the doorknob. “Right.”

 

His attention was immediately drawn to a loud scream, and he instantly turned his head to see what was going on. Jeno's eyes widened when he noticed a child crossing the street alone, as well as the fact the traffic light was still illuminated in red, indicating that the intersection was a stop sign.

 

Jeno was about to help the child when he noticed Jaemin suddenly rushed towards him, most likely to help him as well. However, the next thing that happened caused his heart to stop beating as if a bucket of ice water had been thrown at him right then and there. His legs became weakened and wanted to break down, but he couldn't because of the sudden shock he was currently feeling.

 

“No!!!”

 

Jeno pondered what had just happened.

 

He rushed towards Jaemin, yelling at people to move out of his way and not caring about anything else around him.

 

“Jaemin!!!” Jeno screamed again as he noticed the younger staring at him. He gets down on his knees and gently Jaemin's hair, and the only thing he cares about right now is Jaemin, his Jaemin.

 

Jeno's heart ached as if it were clutched inside his chest at the sight of his boyfriend, and when he saw Jaemin's condition, his tears began to fall from his eyes without him even realizing it because of the relief that he was feeling. “Jaemin.” Jeno calls him, with trembling hands, he touches his boyfriend's cheek. “Baby please open your eyes!!! Don’t sleep! ! Jaemin!” He screamed, touching the younger's cheek at the same time. “Keep your eyes open, can you hear me?”

 

Jeno cupped Jaemin, forcing him to look into his eyes. He doesn't seem himself right now, which could be due to how shocked he was as well, and Jaemin was on the verge of fainting earlier.

 

The car didn't hit Jaemin, but it almost did. He avoided it, and everything happened so quickly that even Jaemin wasn't aware of it because he landed pretty bad but luckily, he saved the child.

 

The only thing he knew was that he couldn't feel his own body and was numb.

 

“Jaemin, baby look at me. Y-You’re fine, you’re fine. Can you hear me?” Jeno spoke softly this time, getting closer to Jaemin so he could hear him. He has scratches on his arms and his knee must be in pain right now too and it’s far preferable to being hit by a car.

 

Jeno let out a deep sigh to calm himself, and when he was already composed, he cupped Jaemin's cheek again and kissed him on his forehead.

 

“J-Jeno.”

 

“Hmm? Can you hear me now?”

 

Jaemin nodded slowly and gazed back at Jeno. “T-The kid. How’s that k-kid?”

 

“He’s fine baby.” Jeno answered and he once again kissed him on his forehead to his cheek. “God, Jaemin.”

 

“W-What about your e-exam?”

 

“Damn it, forget the ing exam. That’s not even important to me right now.”

 

The child was already safe in his mother's arms, and the driver of the car that nearly hit Jaemin gets out and apologizes repeatedly to the boys. Jeno couldn't look at him without glaring because his car nearly killed Jaemin due to his poor driving.

 

The man offered them a ride to the hospital and stated that he would pay all Jaemin's expenses in exchange for them not suing him. He also didn't stop apologizing to them because the other kid kept shooting him death glares, which was obviously Jeno. But it's too late because someone has already reported him, and he admits to being pretty drunk today.

 

Jaemin’s body is still shaking and he’s quiet the whole time so Jeno keeps him close and holds his hand tightly to let him know that he’s just here, beside him and will not leave him no matter what.

--- 

 

Jaemin's scratches have already been treated, and he is currently sleeping, while Jeno stood there staring at his boyfriend, admiring him while also being worried about him. The fact that nothing bad happens to Jaemin makes Jeno extremely relieved. He had almost suffocated earlier due to what he had witnessed and the thought of Jaemin being hit by a car, if that were to happen, Jeno would be at a loss for what to do.

 

He sighs and reaches for Jaemin's hand, grasping it tightly and pressing his lips against it, refusing to let go. Jeno kept it close to him and his gaze remained fixed on Jaemin. He had notified the latter's parents about what had happened earlier and they were on their way to meet them.

 

When someone knocked on the door, Jeno turned his head to see who it was. It turned out to be Jaemin's parents, who he recognized immediately. He gently let go of the younger's hand as he walked over to his parents' side.

 

“Jeno.” Jaemin’s mom calls him and gave him a warm hug.

 

“Jaemin’s fine. He’s just sleeping and still sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter