Sixteen

Baby Steps | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There aren't many people that have the good fortune that Jeno has right now. He received an email informing him that he has been awarded a full-time scholarship to study abroad at one of the most prominent colleges in California till he completes his studies.

If it is intended for someone else, they will take it. Being chosen in this way is quite rare, and you must take advantage of the situation as soon as possible.

However, here he is. Staring at nowhere while thinking about the possibilities if he will accept it and take the exam next week or not to accept it.

Jeno's parents let him decide for this since it's his own life decisions however, he's hesitating until now.

"What are you thinking?" Donghyuck asked, currently eating a chocolate cupcake and sat beside him.

"The same thing." Jeno answered, sighing.

"Did you tell Jaemin already?"

"Not yet. But I will tell him."

"For someone who was chosen for this rare opportunity, you don't seem that happy to me. Do you want it, or not?"

Donghyuck's question made Jeno sigh one more time before ducking his head down to his desk. Jeno is happy that he's one of the fortunate students that was chosen for this big opportunity. He will get to study in a prestigious university, it will help him grow more and will challenge himself as well and that's part of growing.

"I don't know, seriously."

"It's a big opportunity Jeno and I know that your parents are proud of you, and Jaemin."

"Jaemin?"

"Yeah. I think he will since that guy supports you in everything you do."

Jeno pouted and gazed at his best friend. "Do you think Jaemin will be happy too? Honestly, I'm happy that I was chosen because of my cousin's help but why doesn't it feel right?" He makes a hum. Jeno never considered studying abroad because they don't have much money for his studies and he just wants to keep things simple.

Donghyuck bit his inside cheeks and nodded his head, slowly. "Why? Is it because you don't want to leave Jaemin here?"

Jeno didn't hesitate to nod after hearing that from his best friend and heard him snicker. "Come on, we just started dating and now, I'm attached to him but I’m not blaming him for that. He’s lovely. Sometimes, I get frustrated not seeing him and I already hate to be away from Jaemin. I also hate long distance relationships, I just know it's not easy and not even my cup of tea." He started as he ruffled his hair frustratedly.

Jeno's only goal is to study hard and get into college. He has a simple dream job too and of course, he doesn't want to be away from Jaemin and leaving him never crosses his mind, ever since he started dating him. 

It feels empty without him. 

Aside from that, he barely spends some time with his parents too and then what? He'll be away from them after his graduation to study overseas?

They knew that Jeno will do great in that exam, even Jeno himself. 

Donghyuck smirked at him, amazed by Jeno's words since he didn't anticipate them coming from Jeno, for real.  "Your former self will be disgusted and cringe at your current self. Look at you now, you love Jaemin so much and even hate to be away from him. You can't even stand him before."

"I don't care. He's worse for judging Jaemin." Jeno rolled his eyes, making Donghyuck scoff. “And I know you know what I feel.” 

“You’re right.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter