Three

Baby Steps | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can you tell me what you're smiling about?" While on a lollipop, Renjun questioned Jaemin. It's not okay to see this guy sitting alone and smiling creepily all the time.

"Hi, good morning." Jaemin greeted them with a friendly smile, indicating that he is in a good mood today.

"You seemed in a good mood." Mark commented and Jaemin wiggled his eyebrow.

"I'm always in a good mood."

"Not this good. Mind to tell us why?"

Jaemin rests his head on his palm and casts a soft glance at his friends. "Shall I?" His friends both nodded. "Perhaps I just made a small movement." Jaemin stated proudly.

When Jaemin said that, Renjun and Mark's lips curved in awe. They knew who the lucky guy was who had piqued his interest.

"What? Did you already kiss him?" Renjun queried and eyes were widening.

"Obviously not. What kind of move do you have in mind? And what do you think of me?" 

"Oh, I may be exaggerating a little. But it's you who made a move."

"What did he say?" Mark asked and that made Jaemin pouts.

Jeno believes Jaemin isn't serious about him, which made Jaemin feel a little down in the dumps. He'd already met a lot of people, but none of them had the same effect on Jaemin as Jeno's, and he cherished the fact that Jeno was the one his heart had decided to choose.

The problem is that Jeno is really not going to believe him.

"He thinks I'm just fooling around. I may appear to be one, but I am not! Is it my fault that I was born in this way? I have a pretty smile and a charming face. I'm amazing and talented, but not as smart as he is. It's not my fault they fell for me. Right?" Jaemin hissed, sounding exactly like a rapper. Mark laughed at his remark, but Renjun wanted to hit him.

"The level of confidence. I can't!" Renjun shook his head.

"Facts only. I won't give up until he believes me." He smirks and forms his hand into fist to express his eagerness.

"Does he even like you?" Renjun asked again but Jaemin rolled his eyes. Believe him, Renjun is smart, not this stupid. He's just being sarcastic to annoy him.

"Can you stop being stupid? Don't ruin my mood."

"I'm not trying to ruin your day. Jeno does seem to be the type of guy who would never look at someone like you." He spoke bluntly to Jaemin in order to deflate his hopes because it would undoubtedly hurt him seriously. This is the first time he mentions a particular guy, and the first time he expresses interest in someone other than himself.

"Wow, Huang Renjun, that really hurt me. How can you say that?" Jaemin grumbled and pushed Renjun's arm away from him.

"Why not?" Mark, perplexedly looking at his friend. "Jaemin is nice, a catch."

Renjun rolled his eyes at his friend's remark. "Can you see how he's looking at his friend? You don't stand a chance, Jaem."

"I assume you're referring to Hyuck?" – Mark

"Who else is his friend?" 

"You could be mistaken. Jeno adores him, which is why he's staring at him like what you're trying to say, and Hyuck is his only friend." The older said.

"Are you stupid? You two were literally looking at Donghyuck in the same way that Jaemin looks at Jeno."

Mark bit his lower lip as he stared at Renjun, realizing that he was right, and then at Jaemin, who seemed not surprised. 

"I have a chance, I can feel it."

"This is complicated." The older mumbles.

"Not really." Jaemin disagreed. "I'll make Jeno notice me, and I'll trust the process. All I have to do is show him how serious I am."

Renjun shook and slapped Jaemin's arm. "Okay whatever."

---

Jeno couldn't sleep that night and he's weirded out. He's not like this for sake just because of what Jaemin said, it wasn't the first time that Jaemin tried to say something like that to him but, it's the first time that he felt something from his words.

What exactly is he up to?

Was he feeling bored or something?

"Are you alright?" Donghyuck nudged him, and he woke up from daydreaming.

Was he?

"Yeah." He lied, he's actually not okay because he's really sleepy today. It's Na Jaemin's fault!

"Did you stay up all night? Why do you look so sleepy?"

"Because I am sleepy. I think I'm just tired." He yawned.

"Is Jaemin giving you a hard time?"

Jeno sighed and ducked his head down on his desk. "He's a pain in my neck." He mumbles but Donghyuck hears him.

"If you want to quit, then quit. Tutoring is not the only thing you can do. You're independent so I believe you can do better." Donghyuck caressed his shoulder, making Jeno smile and rest his head on the younger's shoulder. He feels really warm when he's with him but Jeno is not expecting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter