Ten

Baby Steps | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeno came late to school, but luckily, the class had not yet begun since Hyuck informed him that the teachers were having an early meeting regarding the examination that just ended. He proceeded silently down the corridor and was about to enter their classroom when he noticed Jaemin standing in front of their classroom too. He's simply looking at the door, and he doesn't seem to be paying attention.

Is he nervous?

So, before going inside, Jeno walks to Jaemin, who, of course, would see him right away.

"Why are you still standing here?"

"What if it didn't go well? What if I failed in my exams? I don't want your efforts to go wasted, not on my watch. I'm sure I studied very well."

Jeno pursed his lips and scanned the younger's expression and he can tell how worried he is.

"I'm sure you did well, and it's not only my effort. It's your efforts too." Jeno said softly and he patted Jaemin's hair to help him calm down.

"Did I do well?" Jaemin said, flashing a lovely smile that made Jeno's heart race once again.

It's very lovely, and he's learned to love those smiles. Every time he sees it, his heart feels like it's on cloud nine, and there's no way he can stop himself.

This is so unfair.

Jeno cleared his throat and looked away before nodding. He wanted to say more but he's afraid that he might stutter or something.

"Hmm, s-so don't worry too much."

"Okay. Anyway, meet me at lunch. I'll buy you lunch later." Jaemin winked at him and squeezed Jeno's cheek before entering inside, however, he bumped into Hina suddenly and she almost fell on the ground, but Jaemin held her wrist quickly.

"Oh shoot I didn't see you." Jaemin chuckles and helps her stand up properly.

"Of course . When did you even see me?" She said playfully and shook, then her eyes shifted behind him and she noticed Jeno. "Hi Jeno." She greeted him and Jeno gave her a half smile.

Oh, yes, he almost forgot about how close these two are. Because Jaemin has been hanging out with Jeno lately, he hasn't had the opportunity to see them together.

"I'm going now." Jeno said and Jaemin nodded.

"See you later!" Jaemin answered so Jeno turned his back on them but he can still hear them talk.

"Hey, is it true that you two are dating?" He heard Hina ask.

"That's none of your business." Jaemin answered and it made Jeno smirk.

---

"Come on, open your goddamn eyes." Renjun said while pulling Jaemin to their bulletin board and see the result of their exams whether he did well or not.

"Woah, Jeno is still the number one." Hina mumbles. She came along with them and she looked really amused seeing Jeno's rank didn't change. He's still the top 1 student in their batch.

"I know right. He's so amazing." Jaemin suddenly opened his eyes to tell Hina and Mark chuckled after. Jaemin is so whipped for Jeno and it's so obvious.

"Now, look for your name Jaemin and see your rank." - Mark.

"Err no. If I don't make it, I won't be able to face him properly."

"Come on, just do it!" Renjun pulled him closer. "Or else I'll spoil you!"

"Alright! Don't nag!" Jaemin's lips were pursed, and his gaze was drawn to the board in front of them. His last ranking was in the top 46, and he knows his parents want him to do better, but he appreciates how they still manage to tell him he did well. At least he's not in the top 60s or lower.

Jaemin is now looking for his name, he kind of expects that he's at the bottom rank, but he's not.

20. Na Jaemin

Jaemin's eyes widened when he saw his rank and gasped. He even pinched his cheek to check if it's real or not.

"What the ? How did you get there?!" Mark asked but he's happy for Jaemin. He remembered his rank last time and now, he's higher. "Is this for real?"

"Heol. I did it." Jaemin said, still cannot believe it.

Renjun nodded and tapped him on his shoulder.

It's almost lunch time and he cannot wait anymore. He wants to see Jeno right now to tell him that he did it. He never felt so happy like this before and now, he's so excited to tell this to Jeno since he's the reason behind why Jaemin improved just like that.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Hina asked Jaemin.

"To the love of my life." Jaemin said happily before running towards Jeno who's walking in the hallway right now.

"Eww, he's so cheesy." Renjun shakes his head.

Jeno is back to his serious face, but he looks so hot in that face that Jaemin can't stop simping on him.

Meanwhile, Jeno is not surprised to see Jaemin running towards him right now, wearing that genuine smile that he has begun to love and accept that Jaemin is slowly entering his heart. He couldn't get rid of him any more.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter