Fourteen

Baby Steps | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Okay? So they are the same words but different pronunciations and meanings? How should I know what they were talking about?" Jaemin pouts as he asks Jeno those questions, who is looking at him with interest, surprised that Jaemin is truly serious right now. Unlike the previous few days. The last time he’s serious, it’s because Jeno promised him a date. 

"I-It depends on what they're talking about." He spoke in hushed tones, his voice a bit faltered, and gaze remained fixed on the younger.

Jaemin looks extra attractive when he's like this.

"Okay. Then, mind giving me some examples?" Jaemin asked sweetly, blinking his eyes. Jeno isn't sure if he's doing it on purpose or if it's just a habit because he's seen him do it every time.

He didn't mind. In fact, he loved it.

"Sure. I-I'll write some for you."

Jaemin watched the older write something in his notebook seriously and Jeno flashed him a little smile before giving him what he had written. The younger then nodded and his lips as he read what Jeno had written.

Maybe if Jaemin got this serious every time Jeno tutored him, it would be easier for him to have Jeno fall in love with him. At this point, Jaemin has no idea that his boyfriend has been falling deeper for him since they started dating officially.

 

Damn it.

This look of Jaemin is dangerous.

"Do you get it?"

"Kind of." The younger chewed his lower lip before nodding.

"Okay, I'll give you some words and write sentences for each word."

Jaemin nodded excitedly and glanced at Jeno with a huge smile on his face. A little confident as he's started getting serious lately and he wants to be on top with Jeno. It might be hard to attain at this point but Jaemin's still eager to try.

After writing the provided words, Jeno presented it to Jaemin and the latter took it immediately and studied the words.

"Oh, this is hard."

"It's not that hard."

"For you, my love. Of course it won't be that difficult since you are good at this. That's why I admire you so much. Being smart makes you hot as well." Jaemin stated quietly, as if his choice of words had no effect on Jeno.

Jeno's cheeks started reddening again as a result of Jaemin's sudden words. It shouldn't be surprising since he's already used to it, but he can't understand why he still feels flustered whenever Jaemin is like that.

"W-What are y-you saying?"

"Facts." The younger then winked at Jeno.

The older one chuckled and started squeezing Jaemin's fluffy cheeks.

"Just answer that."

They have a lot of lessons today since Jaemin insisted on learning more and spending more time with Jeno because he enjoys studying with him. At first, he's uninterested since he only wants Jeno to notice him, but as time goes on, Jaemin begins to understand that he may have enjoyed spending all this time studying with Jeno, as long as it's him.

It was his technique of getting closer to him because Jeno enjoys studying and looking at the results.

The baby is finally his boyfriend.

----

"Oh god! It's done!" Jaemin lies on his bed and spreads his arms while Jeno is starting to organize his things and glancing at him. The younger's eyes were closed, trying to relax on his bed since his back is aching too because they've been sitting on the floor for about hours.

Jeno went closer to Jaemin and poked his thigh to get his attention.

“I’ll go home now. It’s late.” Jeno then pushed his lips into a thin line, but before he could leave, Jaemin grabbed his wrist and dragged him closer, causing Jeno to fall on Jaemin's chest, earning a loving hug and kissing his hair afterwards.

“Jaemin-ah, as much as I want to stay longer, I can’t.” Jeno mumbles, his face was close to the younger’s chest.

“You can. I can just call your mom or I can drop you off at your house.” Jaemin kisses Jeno on his cheek.

“How?”

“I can use my dad’s car.” 

Jeno faced Jaemin, looking at him confusedly and obviously didn't believe in his words.

“Are you serious?”

“No, not a car. I mean, our motorcycle. We have that in the backyard and I can use it.” He answered and kissed Jeno again on the tip of his nose. He can’t get enough of it, and apart from that, Jeno is not complaining either. “So, stay a little bit and let’s stay like this.” Jaemin then tightened his grasp on the older. Jeno on the other hand didn’t even bother to remove Jaemin’s arms like he usually does since everything has changed now. Instead, he gently hugs him back too on his waist and brings him in closer.

 

---

Everything is moving at a breakneck pace these days, and their final exams are just around the corner before they graduate. Their teachers assigned them projects that they needed to complete and turn in before the exam in order to improve their grades.

Jaemin completely changes when he has a tutoring lesson with Jeno since they will be busy for the month. He needs to be extra focused so that Jeno won’t struggle while tutoring him since his boyfriend has his own requirements and projects to cope with.

Sometimes Jaemin felt awful since Jeno was always there to help him when he couldn't understand anything or couldn't accomplish this thing. But after their study session, he constantly showers him with affections because he discovered that Jeno genuinely loves affections, and Jaemin cooks food for them.

He felt really bad that even in his requirements, Jeno is helping him. 

Jeno is cool with it, and he is glad that he can help Jaemin. After all, he can see that the younger is improving and he’s stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter