Eighteen

Baby Steps | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello! Before anything else, you may wonder what is this book? Anyway, this used to be Pursuing Lee Jeno but I decided to change the title since I think it's lame. So here, Baby Steps. This book is about to reach its end and yes, thank you for reading!

 

 

 

💚💚💚


Jeno and Jaemin had only been together for thirty minutes when they decided to start studying together for their final exam the following day. Jeno was helping Jaemin in memorizing the important information and making everything easier for him, and of course, Jaemin will pay close attention to what he has to say because this will be their final tutorial session and it is almost time for them to graduate.

Time flies by so quickly.

Jeno was looking at Jaemin, who was concentrating on memorizing at the moment.

"Jaemin-ah, I have a question for you."He said softly, causing Jaemin to stop murmuring and shift his gaze to Jeno.

"Sure. What exactly is it?"

Jeno exhaled a long, deep sigh. "Be honest, are you really okay with the fact that we'll be apart after we graduate?"

Jaemin was taken aback by Jeno's question. He wasn't expecting Jeno to ask him about it again, and it appears that he is still thinking about it as well.

"Uhm, Jeno..."

"When you said you're okay with it, I got the feeling you're sick of me already."Jaemin's eyes widened as Jeno said this. "I know you're happy for me and still want to support me, but I'm not sure why I feel that way."

Jaemin gasped quietly and realized that Jeno was sulking, so he stood up and sat beside him. Engulfing the older in his arms.

"Why are you saying that, Jeno? I'm not tired of you, and I never will be." The younger consoles, caressing the older's cheek and kissing it softly.

Jeno chewed his lower lip. "It's ridiculous, right? Here you are, congratulating me on my achievement, but I'm thinking completely stupid thoughts. I'm sorry, but I can't help myself and I don't want to think about it any longer. Maybe, I was expecting a different response from you at the time."

Jaemin drew the older closer to him and hugged him tightly. Hearing those things from Jeno is tearing his heart, as if something had just pinched it. His boyfriend felt insecure.

"Please don't assume that I'm sick of you because that's the last thing I'll do. Jeno-yah, you're the only one I want, and I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. I'm happy for you because you deserve it, but to be honest,"Jaemin took a moment to look Jeno in the eyes and caress his hair. "I was sad, but I don't want you to see how sad I was. We just got together, and we'll be splitting up after graduation because you'll be flying to California. But then I realize it's the best thing for you. So please don't think I'm tired of you because that will never happen when youre literally the one I want to see every day when I wake up the next morning."

Jeno couldn't say anything, so he just wrapped his arms around Jaemin and buried his face in the crook of the younger's neck. They were silent for a while, and Jaemin realized what Jeno was getting at when he said that because he understood the starting point of Jeno's words.

When Jeno first meets him, he thinks of him as a player, which he completely understands since that's how he acts back then.

"I don't want to go, Jaem. I hate to be away from you now. I really hate it."Jeno mumbles, his grip on the younger's waist tightening.

"Me too, Jeno."Jaemin whispered before kissing the older's hair. "But who am I to stop you? All I wanted for you is the best and I don't have a heart to stop you for those opportunities."

Jeno was well aware of this. Obviously though, he wants to accomplish his goals with Jaemin by his side, and he wants to be there for him no matter what happens.

---

Exams are finally finished, and Jaemin was pleased with his performance. He just knew he did well because he had a handsome genius tutor who also happened to be his boyfriend, and everything went smoothly according to what he wanted to happen.

His last tutorial session with Jeno was fun, and he was also well-behaved. As a result, Jeno allows Jaemin to kiss him and they almost make out in Jaemin's room. However, they were interrupted by Jaemin's mother, who knocked on his door and offered them a snack.

Jeno remained silent the entire time, simply listening to Jaemin, whatever the younger one was saying with that cheeky, yet pretty smile on his face. He couldn't get enough of it because it's so lovely.

Jeno insisted on treating Jaemin to a meal because he did well on the exam, so they ate outside. Even though there isn't an exam, Jeno is still willing to spoil him because he wants to do it and see him happy, just like this. 

Right, Jaemin is worth the risk.

He's so in love with this guy now, who he used to hate, slightly.

"What now? Do you think I can still improve my rank?" The younger asked and Jeno nodded. 

"Of course. You studied well, remember?"

"That's because you said you will kiss me. Gosh, the things I do for your love Lee Jeno." Jaemin shook, giggling. "It will be great if my rank will be under your name but, I'm too late for that. Well, at least I got to know you better." He smiled.

Jeno chuckled and put another food on Jaemin's plate. "Eat a lot, silly."

"Mmm, thanks!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter