Thirteen

Baby Steps | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After hearing what Jeno had to say, Jaemin's breath caught in his throat. After hearing those words, the beat of his heart increased in speed, and he feels this is all a dream because he never expected any of them to come from Jeno himself.

"H-Huh?" Jaemin blinked his eyes twice in quick succession.

When Jeno saw Jaemin's adorable response, he couldn't stop himself from smiling as he gently caressed his soft cheeks.

"When I first met you, I promised to myself that I would never fall in love with someone like you. I get jealous easily and not as calm as you think of me so I want to date someone who will only look at me. However, as the time that we have spent together has passed, I started believing that I have broken my own promise." Jeno said this as he cupped the younger's cheeks and pulled him closer to him, his gaze still fixed on Jaemin.

There's no regret in his eyes when he said those words which delighted Jaemin's heart as well.

"I'm willing to take the risk and I believe you are worth it." Jeno leaned in and kissed the bridge of the younger's nose. "So, do you want to be my boyfriend?" Jeno asked the same question again, this time with a smile.

"F-For real?" When Jaemin asked, his voice was deafeningly quiet, almost cracking with feelings as he realized what Jeno had said made him want to cry.

"For real and I'm serious."

"B-But, I should be the one who will ask you since I am the one who's courting you, right?" Jaemin asked innocently, but the joy in his heart filled up as soon as Jeno asked him the question.

At this point, he can even propose to him already.

He's willing to be his husband as well.

"Too bad, I did it." Jeno smirks. "So, what's your answer? Will you be my boyfriend, Na Jaemin?"

"YES!" He responded by wrapping his arm around his waist and pulling him closer. "Who am I to say no? I may be playful, but Jeno, I will always tell you that I am serious about you and I'm in love with you." Their noses booped, and Jaemin locked his gaze on him. The latter seems to be asking permission to do something so Jeno nodded without hesitation. However, it was Jeno who drew Jaemin and began crashing his lips, startling the younger but he quickly recovered and smiled between their kisses before responding to Jeno's sweet and warm kiss. The kiss was gentle, and it symbolized their feelings for each other.

This is one of the happiest days ever. Jeno's heart was won over by Jaemin, who earned his trust, and Jeno accepted his feelings for Jaemin and decided to give the younger one a chance.

----

Jeno couldn't believe it.

He has a serious relationship with Jaemin right now. Nowhere in his life did he ever imagine himself becoming his boyfriend, but here he is, waiting for Jaemin after the younger one called him. Jeno is standing in front of their school gate, while Jaemin is sprinting towards him with a huge but beautiful smile on his face, which Jeno hasn't stopped adoring throughout the entire day.

"Good morning my love!" Jaemin whispered and his hand slid onto Jeno's and gripped it tightly.

"Morning." Jeno replied with a blush on his cheeks after hearing Jaemin called him 'my love'.

When Jaemin got close enough, he dragged Jeno to a less-crowded place, causing Jeno to look at him with a puzzled expression at his actions. However, his confusion vanished when the younger one kissed him on his cheek.

"Yah, we're at school."Jeno pouts as he touches the spot on his cheek where Jaemin kisses him.

"Not exactly. We're still outside." Jaemin winks and patted Jeno on his hair. "You looked so cute when I saw you so before going inside, I just wanted to kiss my boyfriend."

Jeno's cheeks began to flush.

Is this what dating does? He had no idea because this was his first time and he didn't know what to do.

Should he kiss Jaemin on his cheek as well? It will undoubtedly make him happy, as that is how he currently feels.

"All right, let's go." Jaemin then drew Jeno, but the latter pulled him back, leaving Jaemin perplexed as he looked at the older.

"Wait!"

"Hmm?"

Jeno clutched his uniform tightly in his hands, his heart beating faster than normal in his chest as if he were about to commit a heist or steal something. But it's now or never for him, because he really wanted to do this.

He believes it will bring happiness to Jaemin. It's not difficult for someone like Jaemin to be happy.

"Jeno-"

Jaemin couldn't continue what he's going to say when Jeno smooches him on his lips and runs away after. He runs so fast that Jaemin couldn't process what had happened for a moment before his lips cracked into a smile and gently touched it.

"Gosh. Jeno, wait for me!"

----

"I really thought you like Shotaro." Mark said while watching Renjun texting Yangyang on his phone. Renjun only gave him a passing glance and a smile after putting his phone down.

"I've already told you he's like that to everyone." Renjun shook his head and turned to face Donghyuck. "Anyway, how do I look today folks?" He then looked at the two in front of him and tried to be cute.

"You look like a human." Mark answered.

"I'm serious!" Renjun stomped his feet and pouted. "I want him to think I'm cute every day."

"What for?" Donghyuck asked.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter