Eleven

Baby Steps | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaemin sighs as he rests his back on the bench that he's sitting on.

It's getting dark, but he hasn't seen Jeno and he's not answering his phone either. 2 hours have already passed but he is still here, waiting for him, believing that he will still show up even though he looks like a fool. Jaemin is still hoping.

He should have gone home, but he can't do that. What if Jeno suddenly showed up and he's not here? Jeno will think that he's just playing around.

"Jaemin."

Someone patted his shoulder, and he turned to face whoever it was, who turned out to be Hina. He never thought that it was Jeno because of the voices. It's definitely not him.

Did he forget about their date? Where is he right now? Jaemin thinks.

Hina sighs as she looks at him with concern.

"How did you know I'm here?"

"I'm with my mom actually but I saw you here and decided to go to you. Why are you still here? Where's Jeno?"

Jaemin smiled bitterly and ruffled his hair. "How would I know? He said he's coming but it's been hours and he's still not here." He sighs. "Did he forget?"

Hina didn't know how to answer his questions so she decided to sit beside Jaemin and tap his shoulder. "Maybe, his phone died and he had an emergency."

"I hope so, and I hope he's fine." Jaemin muttered but disappointment can still be visible in his tone of voice. That made Hina sad. She wants to date Jaemin too but she can't say this to Jaemin, especially today because he's upset.

"Do you really like him?"

"I really like him." Jaemin answered without hesitation. "And I'm really serious with him. I don't know why he can't see that but I'm still trying. Maybe, I annoyed him too much and forgot about our date."

"I think he's not annoyed." Hina said so Jaemin looked at her.

"How do you say so?"

"I'm not close to Jeno but I can see that he loves it when you're around." Hina smiled at him and tapped Jaemin's shoulder. "I know you truly like him but please know your worth too. I know you're clearly aware how many people want your attention and want to be someone important to you. Seeing you like this will be hard for them." She then looked away, feeling bad for Jaemin because she's one of those people who wants his attention.

They might be close to each other but Hina also wants the attention that Jaemin had been giving to Jeno. But she won't force him, as long as she's friends with Jaemin, everything is fine.

"Okay. I will keep that in mind." Jaemin smiled at him.

Meanwhile, not too far from them, there’s Jeno. Approaching both Jaemin and Hina. At first, Jeno was hesitating to go since he believed that Jaemin left already. It’s late and he’s not stupid to wait that long for him, right? However, it might be weird but his mind was telling him that Jaemin’s still there, waiting for him because he promised, and Jaemin is stupidly in love with Jeno.

And Jeno is right. Jaemin was still waiting and it made his chest tighten when he realized what he did. It’s not like he did it on purpose. Luckily, he listened to his instinct.

“Aish, this fool.”

He forgot to send him a message because his phone died. Donghyuck has his phone but Jeno didn’t memorize Jaemin’s phone number. He couldn’t call Mark also to ask for Jaemin’s number because he’s currently in a fight with Hyuck and if he did call Mark with his best friend’s phone, the younger might smack him on his face. He’s supposed to be on a date, so he shouldn’t let anyone touch his face.

Jeno was still panting when he got closer to Jaemin.

"Jaemin." He called the younger and tapped him on his shoulder.

When they turned to face Jeno, they were both taken aback. The latter dropped his gaze on Hina, then quickly shifted it to Jaemin.

"Jeno?"

“It’s late, why are you still here?” Jeno didn’t want to make it obvious but he’s so worried about Jaemin, knowing that he’s still here waiting for him. “What if I didn’t come back?”

“O-Oh.” Jaemin pressed his lips into thin lines. He’s still processing that Jeno’s really here. “Well, y-you’re here now.”

"He's waiting for you." Hina, who had just risen up and smiled at Jaemin, said this. “I’ll go now Jaem and please, always remember what I told you.” Hina then tapped Jaemin on his arm before leaving.

Jaemin followed her with his gaze until he couldn’t see Hina anymore.

Jeno let out a deep sigh then he sat beside Jaemin and the first thing he did was to hold the younger's hands tightly.

"I'm so sorry. Something came up." Jeno said while looking at the younger’s eyes.

Jaemin pursed his lips and nodded gently, then turned away from Jeno. Although the older is late, what matters is that he is still here and believing that Jaemin is still waiting, which is true. Stupid as it may sound, but the worry in his heart disappeared when he saw Jeno.

“Nana..” Jeno caressed Jaemin’s hand. “Look at me please…”

The sudden cute voice made Jaemin flinch as he locked his eyes to the older once again. What surprised him the most was to witness Jeno pouting.

He always looks calm or bored most of the time and this is the first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter