Fifteen

Baby Steps | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jeno chose to stay in Jaemin's room and use his phone to kill time as Jaemin and Hina finished up their work. His duty of helping them has already been completed, and Jaemin and Hina are currently reviewing the results of their research study. Jeno is confident that he can leave them alone because he has already spoken to Hina and told her what he intended to tell her, but he is also tired.

Jeno knows Hina is not bad. Jaemin won't be friends with her for so long if she was.

When Jeno got bored, he threw his phone beside him and closed his eyes for a while, covering them with his arm. He's been with his phone for hours now and his eyes were hurting.

A couple of minutes later, Jeno felt a strong arm gently wrapping around his torso, with the other arm resting on the back of his head, serving as a pillow for his head.

"Are you sleeping?" The younger asked softly as he pulled Jeno closer to him.

"No." Jeno responded and turned to face Jaemin, his eyes still closed.

"Are you mad at me?" Jaemin then kisses Jeno's hair. "I really thought you knew already."

Jeno had been sulking for some time, and those stares that he was discreetly casting at Hina were too familiar for Jaemin to ignore. Jeno thought that Jaemin couldn't see him, but he had no idea that the younger had been watching him as well without his awareness.

Before now, he had those same eyes every time he saw Jeno smile at Donghyuck, but that was before.

"It's fine. You don't have to explain, really." He assures him.

"Perhaps you've wondered once why I like you instead of other people you believe are more deserving, or Hina, who's been my friend for a long time." Jaemin started gently brushing the older's hair.

He is not wrong. Jeno had been wondering why Jaemin liked him ever since he confessed his love to Jeno.  He's not even as popular as Jaemin and is just an ordinary guy on campus who enjoys studying, and Jeno thinks he's boring because he has nothing fascinating to do. They said that he’s a nerd.

So why is it him, of all the people who likes Jaemin?

"Well, I don't know either. You just happened to catch my eye one day. I'm not sure why, but I was stunned at the time. You looked beautiful as you sat on the bench beneath the huge tree in the student council's garden, reading and smiling. I couldn't hear anything and all I could see was you."

Jeno opened his eyes, causing Jaemin to return his stare and smile. "You were there?"

"Mm. I was just walking around since I wanted to be alone sometimes, and you know, I always drew attention, so that day was my lucky day and also the first time I saw you." Jaemin continued to caress the older's hair.

Jeno had no idea Jaemin was around at the time. Because Donghyuck wasn't present that day and he didn't have someone to hang out with during break time, he merely went there because it was calm, far away from Jaemin because it's always boisterous when the latter is nearby.

"I know you by name, but I have no idea what you looked like. I just know that it was you after seeing your name in our uniform. I only know you're a genius, but I had no idea you were this gorgeous.. At that time, my mother was looking for someone who will help me in English as well, since you know I . And yes, I recommend you." Jaemin giggles and booped the older's nose.

"Stop it." Jeno giggles too, making Jaemin pull him closer even more since Jeno's eye-smile is endearing and makes him wanna squish Jeno.

"And for Hina, I know she likes me and she's a good friend. But I don't see her as someone I'd want to spend the rest of my life with. That only applies to you, Jeno. You don't have to be jealous of her baby. You already know how much I love you."

Jeno nodded and grinned, but he came to a halt as he understood what Jaemin meant by this conversation.

"Wait a minute, who's jealous of her?" Jeno loosened from the younger’s arm and shifted his gaze to Jaemin so he could see him properly and glares.

"You. I noticed you earlier. You're sulking."

Jeno scoffed."Me? Oh, please! I'm not! I know she knows you better than I do, but I'm always eager to learn new things about you, and I don't care if you've been friends for a long time. I'll be with you for the rest of your life, so why should I be jealous of her?" Jeno stated, plainly pumped up as a result, and even glaring at Jaemin, but the latter continued to adore him.

Everything that Jeno does seems always endearing for Jaemin.

"Ahh, you're so adorable." Jaemin cooed and began fondling the older beneath his chin. Jeno, on the other hand,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter