Twelve

Baby Steps | NoMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You have a date again?" Jaemin's mom asked him and Jaemin nodded while smiling. He's proud and enjoys showing it off to his mother.

"How do I look now? Better?"

Jaemin's mother checked him from head to toe for the second time. " the first two buttons on your polo shirt." She suggested.

Jaemin stared suspiciously at his mother but he still continued to follow her. "Like this?"

"There. You're done. Very handsome, at this point, I bet Jeno will ask you to be his boyfriend." She smiled and patted Jaemin on the shoulders, and Jaemin kissed his mother on the cheek after that.

"I doubt that."

"Trust me." Jaemin's mom winked at him.

Jaemin's parents were aware of his feelings for Jeno. He's constantly vocal about it since he's not the kind to keep things hidden from his family. After his tutoring session with Jeno, he loves to brag to his parents about how wonderful and patient Jeno was, as well as how responsible Jeno was, among other things.

"Ohh, thank you." Jaemin smiled so his mother thought him endearing and she squeezed his cheeks.

"When did you start growing up like this? Huh?" She stated this as she fondled Jaemin, who leaned in to feel the warmth of his mother's touch.

"Thank you for being supportive of me." Jaemin wisphered.

"No worries. No matter who you love, we'll love them too. And Jeno is a nice kid so your dad and I are very fine with him."

"Oh yes he is!" Jaemin nodded. "He's a wonderful person and I love him for that."

When the doorbell rings, he's still talking to his mother about something. In other words, Jaemin's date has already arrived. Even though he prefers to pick up Jeno by himself, the latter insists on doing so, and Jaemin concedes.

Jeno is welcomed inside the house by their maid, who opens the door for him.

"Hello Mrs. Na." Jeno extended a warm greeting to Jaemin's mother and smiled at her. He also knew that Jaemin's parents were aware of Jaemin's feelings for him, but he wasn't sure how they would respond to this. They were certainly familiar with Hina as well, since she is basically Jaemin's childhood friend with whom he has had a close relationship since they were children. They must be hoping that one day Jaemin will choose her over Jeno as his girlfriend. Hina is also one of the best. "I-Is it okay t-to take Jaemin on a date?''He asked in a shy manner, and Jaemin wanted to give him a bear hug.

"I'm the one who should ask you that. Is it okay with you if Jaemin asks you out on a date?" She said and smiled at Jeno, making him relax and disappear his nervousness. Jaemin looks exactly like his mom and both of their smiles are beautiful.

Jeno's eye smile appeared and nodded happily. The two find it endearing and Mrs. Na can't help but hug Jeno.

"We're going now mom." Jaemin then slipped his hand into Jeno's and entwined their fingers before exiting the home.

"Aigoo, you look cute today." Jaemin spoke to him in hushed tones as he was squeezing his hand and sniffing his hair while waiting for their cab to arrive.

Jeno just lets Jaemin hug him and smell him since he has become used to the younger being attached to him. Jeno isn't bothered by it at all since he enjoys being hugged as well. He's not just vocal about it, but he also absolutely enjoys skinship and cuddles on a regular basis. Since his parents are both busy, they couldn't cuddle Jeno anymore and he's missing them.

Then, Jaemin came.

They went to the Lotus Flower Festival at Yeongpyang and Jaemin was the one who brought a ticket for them. So, Jeno promised that he will be buying their snack later which Jaemin didn't argue anymore. He's the one who wants this date to happen, so he naturally wants to pamper Jeno as well. However, since Jeno wants to pay for them as well, Jaemin just allows him to. If that's what makes Jeno happy, then so be it.

Jeno and Jaemin are both strolling hand in hand, their gazes fixed on the Lotus blossoms in the distance. Jeno, on the other hand, is completely in awe.

Meanwhile, Jaemin is delighted that Jeno is allowing him to do what he wants, as compared to in the past. He's not pushing him away any more, though.

"Wow, I just realized something." Jeno said in the middle of their walk.

"Hmm?" The younger tilted his head on him and blinked his eyes.

"It's been quite some time since I last visited this place."

The younger was quick to turn his gaze to Jeno while squeezing his hand softly after hearing what he said.

Did Jeno come here with someone already?

"Really? Who were you with? Does someone else want to date you before I do?"

Jeno cast a look over his shoulder at Jaemin, and he couldn't help but chuckle at the tone of the younger's voice. It sounds a little sulky and now he realized how Jaemin couldn't really hide his feelings for Jeno. It's so evident in his eyes. Jaemin is not just expressive in his feelings, but he is also transparent so Jeno could read him easily.

"Silly, it's my parents. You're the only one who liked me." Jeno said and giggled, making Jaemin who was a little sulky earlier smiled when he said that.

"Oh?" He asked but gaze at the older suspiciously. "Eyyy. I don't believe you." Jaemin pouted while examining Jeno's face.

"You can ask Donghyuck about it." Jeno mumbles.

"I think they're so naive that they don't realise how wonderful you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter