Entry #2

My Sunbae's Ex Likes Me?

Dear Diary...

Today was mostly just of me hanging up posters of our upcoming event all around campus and afterwards I had a brief lunch break and headed back to the student office to see Hyeyoon and Rowoon sunbae heading to the gym together which was located on the lowest floor of the building.

At this point it was too early to say that Hyeyoon unnie and I were close as she seemed fairly busy whether it was with her job or her role as a club leader, I'm even surprised that she has time for a relationship with everything she has going on. But who am I kidding I wish i had her life as she seemed to have everything under control and knew where she wanted to be after graduation which was a quality I always admired about her.

Finishing lunch me and my friend who was also an employee went over the event details and sent emails to the vendors that were supposed to be there on the day of the event. As it was coming up next week and there were a lot of things to prepare.

While sending emails I noticed that my manager sent an email regarding that we should have our resumes/cover letters ready as every employee had to attend a resume seminar later this week, being unprepared you knew that you wouldn't have time between now and the day of the seminar to have your resume be decently completed.

(Your friend)-Hey did you get the email from our manager? How's your resume looking? Mine is almost done.

(You)-(shows the screen of an empty document)-that's my status, consider yourself lucky

(Your friend)-If you need help completing your resume why not sign up for an appointment with career services? They have sunbae's ready to assist you, I heard Hyeyoon unnie is one of them and I'm sure she'd help you out once she sees your name on the list.

(You)-Alright fine I guess I have no other choice (I say while signing up for an appointment)


On the day of the appointment (3 days before the seminar)

I went in for my appointment based on the time I signed up for and sat in the waiting room until my name was called

When my name was called I heard Hyeyoon unnie's voice as she had me follow her into one of the rooms shortly after

(Hyeyoon)-Hi Y/N-ah, I saw that when you signed up for your appointment you mentioned that you had an incomplete resume so could you let me know on what areas you would like to work on today?

(You)-Could you actually help me start it? since I haven't exactly had time before the seminar to have it anywhere near completed

(Hyeyoon)-Yeah sure no problem alright so let's have you start a new document here and I'll give some of the basics and I'll show you mine as an example, so what you want to do is first type in your first and last name, below that enter your school email and phone number. Once you've added that in have the letter be centered and let's move into the first section which will include a summary of qualification which could include some of the skills you have like communication or if you have experience using Microsoft Word applications. (I won't bore you with all the details but overall I found this session to be very helpful as I gained an understanding of what a resume should include and the different types of resumes there are as well)

After I finished my appointment I let Hyeyoon unnie know about our event coming up next week as it was my job to have more people know about it.

(Hyeyoon)-Thanks for inviting me Y/N-ah I'll be sure to let my friends know about it too!

(You)-Thanks again for helping me unnie I really appreciate it, I don't know what I would've done without you.

(Hyeyoon)-No problem, if you need anything else don't hesitate to contact me okay?

(You)-I will (I said while heading out of the office)

Ever since she helped me out with your resume I found myself getting to know her better and spending more time with her even outside of campus as we would have weekly froyo runs after we took our midterms and I just liked hanging out with someone who truly understood what I was going through.

I know what you're thinking... If I'm close with Hyeyoon unnie then I must automatically be close with her bf too right?

Well that wasn't exactly the case as if the three of us were in the same room together he would always be doing his own thing by having his headphones on which automatically indicated that he wanted to not be bothered so I didn't which is why I found myself just distancing from him even more as time went on.

A little part of me wanted to get to know him as well but being the introvert I was I knew it would just lead to an awkward silence so I decided to just stay in my lane and not cross any lines as I didn't want Hyeyoon unnie to think otherwise about me.

It probably took like 3 months into Autumn Quarter for him to finally even say hi to me which I never expected to happen but I thought to myself that maybe he's also an introvert who doesn't like to speak to just anyone.

I'm honestly just glad that I have a mentor who believes in me and continues to inspire me everyday. As for her relationship with Rowoon I hope the best for them as they are what you imagine as the ideal college couple who are always smiling. 


At the seminar 

Everyone was given a worksheet to complete as we had to write down our current positions and add a couple of bullet points that help describe what we do on a daily basis. This seminar went for about an hour before we were finally given a lunch break.

During the break:

(Your friend)-Want to get boba after this?

(You)-Absolutely 

(Your friend)-Also I'm going on a date this weekend with this guy (shows you her phone) what do you think?

(You)-He's cute, does he go to our school?

(Your friend)-Yeah but he's apparently a sunbae so idk how I feel about that since I've never been into older guys

(You)-I say give him a chance by going on one date with him just to get a feel of his personality and if he appears to be an just cut ties with him

(You friend)-You right, speaking of dating are you seeing anyone? 

(You)-Not at the moment why?

(Your friend)-I have someone from my class who's been asking for your number

(You)-Do I know him? you know I don't do well with strangers

(Your friend)-Trust me he's a good friend of mine

(You)-Fine tell him I'll go on one date with him but that's it

(Your friend)-Thank you! you won't regret it (she said hugging you)

As you were heading over to throw away your food you felt someone staring at you by instinct and looked up to see that it was Rowoon sunbae but by the time you saw him he quickly looked away.

(Your thoughts)-was he actually staring at me? Nah he probably was just zoned out like why would he care about me?

Well that's it for this entry, I wish I had more to say but I wouldn't want to go on forever so I'll be back soon to write more :)

To be continued