Entry #15

My Sunbae's Ex Likes Me?

Dear Diary

Well sorry to provide you with an update that Rowoon sunbae and Hyeyoon unnie had officially gotten back together at this point and this time I could tell why they broke up for sure last time. The reason was that he did everything she wanted but she never returned the favor. I'm sure all of us know by now that relationships are a two-way streak not a one-way.

I know I might be exaggerating but from what I've noticed recently only Hyeyoon unnie seemed happy about their relationship.

On the bright side Hyeyoon unnie really seemed like herself again as she would spend everyday with him, holding hands while walking down the street, going on dates like they used to.

But were they doing these things out of love or because it was just the kind of skinship and behavior they were once familiar with?

I probably shouldn't say more or I might write down something I regret.

In terms of the whole situation between my roommate and Hwiyoung let's just say they are talking now but they only answer each other in one word responses which is the worst to hear when I'm having to sit in the middle of the couch every night so they wouldn't feel awkward.

It's like they forgot how to speak to each other entirely and they were back to being complete strangers.

It was summer break at this point and man was it nice to not worry about assignments and exams for the next couple of months.

How did I spend my summer that year? Doing absolutely nothing (well at least for the first couple of weeks)

I ended up volunteering for 3 days at an art academy since I thought why not have something to add on my resume and since I already babysat kids on a daily basis at church so this was just right up my ally.

The only thing that about those volunteering days was that I had to be up by 7am every morning and knowing me I'm clearly not a morning person.

I did end up hanging out with my friends (outside of my roommate and Hwiyoung) and we had gone to see the Spiderman: Far from Home movie which was one of the highlights to say the least.

I decided that I shouldn't contact Rowoon sunbae anymore at this point since he had graduated at this point and now I had no reason to see him. 

I still stalked his Instagram and VSCO account once in a while since he would upload pictures he had taken with his camera and a majority of them were with Hyeyoon unnie.

At that point I knew that it was right for me to move on since I couldn't hold onto someone who no longer needed me.

I felt stupid for hoping more out of the relationship when he clearly already rejected me once and yet I tried everything to get his attention and failed every time.

So where does this story head to now? Let's just say junior year of college was a challenging year for me to say the least.


2 months later

It was a new school year and i thought to myself just living my life by routine, I was glad to have some classes with both Hwiyoung and my roommate throughout the quarter as that would help me take my mind off of everything I've been stressed about.

I was now president of the photography club since Hyeyoon sunbae was gone and my job was to recruit new members during tabling hours every Wednesday and Thursday which meant that every week some club members and i would hand out flyers to students walking by without freaking them out of course but speaking loud enough to get their attention.

As I was just about done with tabling a guy had who stopped by earlier came back to ask about the specifics in terms of which room we held weekly meetings in and if our campus had cameras available. After answering his questions he smiled before walking away.

I thought to myself that I had gotten at least one new member that day and felt accomplished.

Remember Hwiyoung's friends that I had mentioned earlier in the entires? well let's just say I was starting to have a thing for Taeyang after he ended up joining the photography club.

 I'll admit that I appreciated his company whenever we had group meetups every week as we were able to get to know more about one another.

Although he was a year older than me we decided to keep things informal as he hated being called oppa. Which I understood and fully respected.

It wasn't until like the second month into our friendship that he finally asked me out and I of course said yes.

I liked that he respected the fact that I didn't want to see him everyday since there were some days out of the week where I just needed some alone time especially if I've been stressed or have had anxiety.

Well this ends my part of the story, I'll now turn it over to my roommate's diary since she has a lot to say.


My Roommate's POV

So as you all already may know Hwiyoung and i are at least still talking to each other but I've realized that he still doesn't feel completely comfortable around me after my confession.

But you know what? I don't regret anything I've said because he deserved to know. I'm aware that our friendship would've been at stake but the thing is that I no longer see him as just a friend anymore...is it bad to expect more out of our relationship?

Hwiyoung is still dating Y/N's co-worker and man does she piss me off with her "nice girl" act because we all know she's just using Hwiyoung so she could get more followers on her Instagram. Like how does he not see that? 

Even if I told him the truth he obviously wouldn't believe me as he thinks I'm just jealous.

Anyways I'm happy for Y/N as she finally got over her crush on Rowoon sunbae and I personally think Taeyang is the right guy for her as being an extravert he is the only person who can get her to leave the apartment and most importantly he makes her smile, which is something we haven't seen in a while.

I wish that I can meet someone so I could get over Hwiyoung.

For this reason I decided to get out of my comfort zone and go to a party at my friend's place.

You're probably wondering: "why do this all to find a guy?" well let's just say I went to have some fun but I did end up meeting someone that night if you're curious.

While I hung out by the balcony some guy came over to make a phone call with I'm assuming his girlfriend and I of course put on my headphones to not eavesdrop on their conversation.

I then hear glass shattering all over the floor and out of no where a flower pot was heading towards my direction and I ended up getting a concussion on the head: but guess who took me to the hospital that night? the same guy I saw on the phone which I thought was odd at first but nice of him to just not leave a girl dying on the balcony.

By the time I opened my eyes I noticed a band over my head and noticed that I had some stiches near my forehead. Luckily Y/N and to my surprise Hwiyoung was there looking worried as hell.

(You)-Are you okay? why did you go to a party without telling us?!

(Hwiyoung)-Don't yell at her just yet she clearly has a concussion, do you need anything?

(Me)-I think I'm fine for now but thanks

(You)-The doctor said that you should rest at the hospital overnight in case you experience severe headaches but I'll go get you some dinner so that we can keep you company. (She said leaving only Hwiyoung and I alone in the room)

(Me)-Sorry for worrying you guys I didn't think this would happen

(Hwiyoung)-No I'm sorry for not checking up on you enough since you wouldn't have done this if I was there for you (he says taking my hand into his)

(Me)-Shouldn't you go back to your place? I'm sure your girlfriend needs you more than me.

(Hwiyoung)-Actually we broke up since I found out she was cheating on me

(Me)-Wait really? I'm so sorry

(Hwiyoung)-Yeah but she doesn't mean anything to me as much as you do and I'm sorry for realizing that a little too late

(Me)-No worries you're here now and that's all that matters

Y/N ended up arriving with a bunch of sandwiches and drinks and we all hung out watching shows on the food network since that seemed to be the only channel that worked.

Before I end this story I just want to say that Hwiyoung and I talked it over and decided to stay as friends since over these past couple of days I realized how important he is to me and i don't want to lose him if we had dated and then broke up. I think that we should also normalize male and female friendships since not all of our guy friends are all intended to be our love interests. So I apologize to those who expected a love story out of us. 

Look forward to Rowoon and Y/N's story that will continue on very soon. 

To be continued