Entry #5

My Sunbae's Ex Likes Me?

Dear Diary...

Welcome to an entry talking about a break up, and yeah I know what you're thinking: "why are you talking about their breakup when you weren't even involved?"

And you're right for thinking that way since I've lost contact with Hyeyoon unnie shortly after she told me about the breakup, based on the way Rowoon sunbae wasn't even showing up to work now just proved that the two of them were going through hard times at the moment.

Due to Hyeyoon unnie's absence the club decided to take pictures by Han River to most on our website for students to see.

While taking pictures I ran into Hwiyoung and his friends Taeyang and Chani who were skateboarding.

(You)-You guys seem to be having fun, mind if I take pictures of you three just hanging out?

(Chani)-(Immediately starts posing and putting on his model face)

Hwiyoung and Taeyang just smiled and awkwardly walked around not knowing what to do

The four of us got close as Chani and Taeyang kept teasing me and Hwiyoung knowing that the two of us went on a blind date 

Shortly after sharing laughs and taking more photos, it ended up being around 8-10pm.

(Taeyang)-Hey since it's getting late why don't you take her home Hwiyoung-ah?

(Chani)-Yeah that sounds like a great idea hyung

The two got up and left before Hwiyoung and I got to say anything.

(Hwiyoung)-Sorry about them 

(You)-No it's fine I enjoyed their company

(Hwiyoung)-Shall I walk you home then?

(You)-That would be nice of you 

As I headed to my front door and started to open the door to let Hwiyoung in to hang out, we saw my roommate and her blind date sleeping together on the couch.

(Hwiyoung)-Would it be better to go to my place? (he said whispering)

(You)-Yeah sounds great (I said as the two of us tried our best to quietly close the door on our way out)

We ended up just chilling at his apartment as he needed some help on one of his assignments and I just layed on his couch as we watched movies

As the night went on longer I ended up falling asleep on his couch, little did I know that Hwiyoung had placed my head on his shoulder as he also ended up falling asleep shortly after. 


The next morning

I ended up walking up on Hwiyoung's couch with a blanket over me and smelled Kimchi jjigae which is what caused me to drool a little in my sleep

(Hwiyoung)-Are you up? here come have some breakfast

(You)-Wow I didn't know you could cook (I said excited to eat)

(Hwiyoung)-There's a lot you don't know about me y/n-ah, but anyways how does it taste?

(You)-(takes a spoonful of the broth)-it's tastes amazing, why don't you have some too?

(Hwiyoung)-I will (he says while getting you a bowl of rice)

The two of you finished breakfast and walked to campus together 

(You)-Where's your class at?

(Hwiyoung)-In the library's 2nd floor wbu?

(You)-I actually only have a small amount of work today since it's Friday, I'll see you later then (I said waving and he did the same)

On my way to the office I took an elevator to head downstairs and when the doors were about to close I saw a hand come out of nowhere which scared me at first until I saw that it was Rowoon sunbae who seemed to have ran all the way here as he appeared to be out of breathe.

Since the elevator ride was short and he seemed to be in a hurry we didn't say anything to one another as expected.

I was honestly just surprised to see him back since based on how long his absence was one could easily believe that he quit his job.

Thinking nothing of it you just went to work as normal and saw your co-worker sleeping on the job

You gently tapped her shoulder and she woke up yawning 

(You)-No sleep again? I'm impressed that you're still alive and well (I said while taking a seat next to her)

(Co-worker)-How could I when I have 3 finals back to back and I hate our manager so much to the point that I want to quit if it wasn't for the payment we get every month.

(You)-what did she do this time?

(Co-worker)-Other than ruining my life um she told me that we can't have another movie night because it doesn't follow through with any of our commuity's guidelines since it doesn't have a purpose or have anything that's educational. But that's the whole point of movie nights it's supposed to be a time to relax and have fun, instead of being lectured. Can you please go in the office to talk to her?

(You)-Me? Why me? this is your problem

(Co-worker)-We all know you get on everyone's good side so please

(You)-Fine but you're coming with

As the two of you were heading to the offices that belonged to the managers we heard a loud argument going on between Rowoon and his manager and it ended with him leaving the room and we made brief eye contact before he ran off.

(You & your Co-worker)-Maybe another time then (we said slowly walking away since everyone else was just as much in shock as we were, since no one ever saw Rowoon yell at anyone)


The next day

While working I received a text from Hwiyoung that day as he asked if I was free for dinner.

I then of course replied with: "yeah of course, what do you wanna eat?"

He replied with: "burgers or thai?"

You replied with: "thai please :)"

The day went on as usual except for the fact that it started to pour by the time you had just finished work

You decided to wait outside while using your backpack as an umbrella since you forgot to bring one that day.

As I was waiting for Hwiyoung I felt someone take down your backpack from my head and placed it in one hand and had handed me an opened umbrella in my other hand without saying anything and walking away.

(You)-wait who are you? (I said since I didn't get to see their face before they walked off)

However by the time I asked they were gone and Hwiyoung was now by the front with his car.

I then ran into the front seat of his car as fast as possible.

(Hwiyoung)-Sorry I'm late there was a lot of traffic, since it's raining how about I just get you home so you can get changed since your clothes are all wet

(You)-That would be best (I said shivering since I only had on a sweatshirt that day since I'm an idiot that never checks the weather)

Once i got home I placed the umbrella down by my front door and took a warm shower so you wouldn't get sick

As I was drying my hair my roommate came in to borrow a hoodie, she asked a question that got my attention 

(Friend)-Did Rowoon sunbae take you back home tonight?

(You)-Huh no Hwiyoung did why?

(Friend)-Well no reason other than the fact that his name was on the handle of the umbrella

(You)-(has a small flashback of the guy in the hoodie who gave you the umbrella)-oh so that's who it was (I said to myself after coming to a realization)

(Friend)-What'd you say?

(You)-Oh nothing 

(Friend)-I know you probably don't want to hear this but be careful around him, since after his breakup he's been known for being cold and aggressive.

(You)-I will

My heart started beating a little faster thinking about his small gesture, since to me at least he could never appear as a bad person, why was that?

(Your thoughts)-What's going on with me? Do I actually like him? How am I going to return this umbrella back to him?

Well that's all I had to say for this entry. Until the next entry then :)

To be continued