Entry #16

My Sunbae's Ex Likes Me?

Dear Diary

Guess what? It's the big week where I finally get to meet Taeyang's parents.

Am I excited? nervous? Let's just say it's a good mix of both since I don't know how much he's told his parents about me beforehand and the pressure is on to make the best first impression on them.

He's already met my parents and although it took sometime for my parents to both come to terms that I'm finally in a stable relationship they eventually gave their approval after interrogating us for 30 minutes.

(You)-Are you sure your parents want to meet me? can't we just have a family meetup around Christmas or Thanksgiving instead?

(Taeyang)-I know you're nervous but you have nothing to be worried about I promise, I'll be right next to you to hold your hand if you need me. Plus I've only told amazing things about you to my parents and I'm sure they'll love you.

(You)-Ok okay I guess I'm just nervous but what could go wrong right?

For those of you who were expecting a normal family dinner I want you to put down those expectations right now.

So you know how we all decided to go to a restaurant to meet his parents? well guess who also happened to be there on a date? Hyeyoon & Rowoon 

It's not like I was scared by their presence but they did make my anxiety get significantly higher since i knew that the moment they would come by our table I would have to fake a smile and talk to them.

Of course Taeyang would notice that I was nervous since he saw my legs shaking and held my hand to make sure it was okay.

I will say his parents came off as very intimidating at first but after we ate dinner and talked more about my family and how Taeyang and I met they seemed to open up to me and treat me as if I was their own daughter.

It wasn't until I went to the bathroom that I felt a wrist pull me against a wall

(You)-Rowoon sunbae? what do you think you're doing?

(Rowoon)-I need your help with something

(You)-Right now? I'm probably not the best person to help you since I'm on a date with my boyfriend's parents

(Rowoon)-I'm planning on breaking up with Hyeyoon today but I just don't know how to tell her

(You)-Just tell her the truth and if she doesn't accept it then just move on or leave the table.

(Rowoon)-The thing is that we both clearly want to break up but she keep interrupting me when I bring up the topic like she wants to break up with me again. She thinks of this as a competition or something because she's apparently never been dumped.

(You)-That's childish of you both, how about you don't let her interrupt you and just continue talking? You have the right to say how you feel. Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back before they all think I've been kidnapped or something.

(Your thoughts)-"why did he get back together with her in the first place?"

His parent's ended up dropping me off and I talked about the whole Rowoon situation with my roommate once I returned.

(Roommate)-So now that he's single again. Do you still have feelings for him?

(You)-What? No? Of course not! 

(Roommate)-You don't have to prove yourself to me, ask yourself that question. I know Taeyang was just someone you dated to quickly move on.

(You)-You know I love him why would you say that?

(Roommate)-I know you still check up on Rowoon sunbae's posts every night and cry yourself to sleep because you miss him

(You)-Well that may be true but...

(Roommate)-I think you know what happens next. Just don't make a decision you'll regret later on.

(You)-He's going to hate me

Sorry for the short update but what do you think will happen next? Find out soon!

To be continued