Entry #7

My Sunbae's Ex Likes Me?

Dear Diary..

One of the perks on working on campus other than throwing events every quarter was that we got to go on a business trip to a convention located in Los Angeles.

For the next 4 days we had to go to a convention and watch performances from comedians, magicians, singers, and other types of entertainers who can be booked at the end of the convention so that they could potentially visit our campus after setting up dates and such.

We were also given free dinners but being in LA my co-workers and I just decided to get some In-and-out instead.

The best part of this convention was how during the meet and greet sessions that took place every night and we were able to speak to artists that were possibly a part of programs such as American Idol with one of them being a guy that we thought was pretty cute and might I say my co-workers and I completely embarassed ourselves while speaking with him briefly.

This was mainly because... for one I had never attented a fan sign/service of any sort before in my entire so this was not exactly my cup of tea since I didn't even know what to say to him other than "hi, I liked your performance" and I also accidentally avoided giving this guy a hug because of my awkwardness but nevertheless he still smiled at me as we asked him some questions.

(Co-worker)-Hi how are you? (she says giving him a firm handshake not realizing how tight she was squeezing his hand)

(You)-(takes her hand off his)-anyways would you be interested in coming to our campus back in Korea since we know how many fans you have back in Seoul?

(Singer)-Yeah here's my manager's number (he said handing over his business card)

We then moved on to see the other booths and got free stickers, listened to people's works, and just had fun for the rest of the night before walking back to our hotel.

Also just for future reference we ended up booking the singer we met that I lowkey had a crush on and he ends up performing at our Spring Fest event which I will get into more detail later on. 


A couple days later

We book a flight back to Seoul and my roommate picks me up just in time and on the car ride home I took the fattest nap.

Also because it was President's Day weekend I recall getting back on Sunday night realizing I had no school the next day which allowed me to catch up from all the jetlag.

However, since I wasn't able to study that much for my exam I ended up cramming the next day since my exam was on Tuesday so I didn't really get the break I wanted but sometimes life is just that way I guess.

The following days I ended up catching a cold and ended up not going into the office as much the first week back which basically means that I have not seen to spoken to Rowoon sunbae ever since our last event.

A part of me knew that although I followed him back on Instagram, that wouldn't automatically mean that we would become closer instantly as that's not how it usually works. 

Honestly, what was I expecting from him? I know how much he loved Hyeyoon unnie and that I couldn't even be a small replacement to her for him so I decided to cut ties with him unless it was for work.

Thankfully you two worked in different student organizations so that wouldn't really be a problem.

But at the same time it would be a lie if I said that I didn't catch myself glancing at him once in a while, especially when he was leaving the room or going to his locker to get something.

The moment I realized that two of us were nothing to begin was when reality finally hit you in that you should move on from being a part of Hyeyoon unnie's business as she was no longer in your life.

Making the decision to not run into him, I even changed my office hours with my manager so that I would only work earlier in the day as I figured this is what would work better for me.


Epilogue...

(Rowoon's thoughts)-

After the breakup I was mostly focused on getting enough credits so that I could officially graduate by spring, I admit that this year wasn't all of what I expected it to be.

As for one Hyeyoon and I met during freshman year orientation as we were partnered off in the same color group and ever since then I never imagined living in a world without her being a part of it, as cringy as that may sound.

I know that she wanted to break up with me for a while as the following weeks prior to it happening she wouldn't answer any of my calls of texts as much as she used to and would come up with excuses to not meet up.

For the longest time I couldn't find a reason as to where we went wrong since I was only reminded of the happy memories she left behind.

I miss seeing her bright smile everyday and how she would always complain about my height since she would have to always look up at me which caused her neck to stiff up.

I tried to make things better and be the best boyfriend she's ever had but sadly that just wasn't enough for her to change her mind. Which made me think...was I the reason why we ended up this way?

I decided to take a break from dating at the moment.

Maybe being single for a while might be good for me.

To be continued