Entry #10

My Sunbae's Ex Likes Me?

Dear Diary..

Let's put the topic of boyfriends and being in love on hold for the moment.

As this past week we had another event happening which was known as "The multicultural night market" which was going to take place in one of the parking lots on campus where we would have multiple food trucks of cuisine's coming from various countries such as Mexican, Thai, Italitan, and of course a Boba truck because who doesn't love boba?

The only part that in terms of the preparation of this event was that we had to go up 4 flights of stairs to reach the parking lot to bring up the supplies while the event coordinator in charge had to stay in the parking lot waiting on the trucks.

I invited my other friends on campus and they immediately came to get boba and hung out with me since I could use the company.

(Friend 1)-Hey Y/N-ah how are you girlie I haven't seen you in forever (she said since during this entire school year you've only had time for school and work and not a social life)

(You)-I'm doing good I'm glad you guys could make it (I said and hugged all of my friends)

(Hwiyoung)-Hey you okay? (he asked knowing that Rowoon sunbae would also be at this event since he was part of one of the cultural clubs)

(You)-Yeah I'll be fine as long as I don't see him

(Hwiyoung)-If you need anything just let me know 

(You)-Come with me to the boba truck then (I said grabbing his hand and running to the truck since you only had 5 mins left before your shift would start)

(Hwiyoung)-Let me guess you want Taro right, I'll pay for you this time (he said knowing that you didn't bring your wallet with you)

(You)-Thank you

After getting our boba orders we headed back to the booth I was in charge of since I had to take attendance of students who visited our event and Hwiyoung and my roommate both headed to get food and explore.

Halfway into your shift one of your co-workers kept asking about Hwiyoung ever since she laid eyes on him.

(Your co-worker)-Hey who was that guy? A friend of yours?

(You)-Yeah why?

(Your co-worker)-Oh no reason other than to ask if he's single

(You)-He is at the moment

(Your co-worker)-Really do you think he would be interested in me if I asked him out?

(You)-Why don't you ask him yourself since he's on his way over

Hwiyoung came over to bring you some Thai food he had left over and I then told him about my co-worker.

(Your co-worker)-Hi Hwiyoung-ssi I'm (blank)

(Hwiyoung)-Hi (blank)-ssi It's nice to meet you

(Your co-worker)-I know this is very weird for me to do but would you want to go out sometime? 

(Hwiyoung)-I would love to 

(Your co-worker and Hwiyoung then exchanged numbers and before I knew it I was third-wheeling to the point that I needed some fresh air so I decided to take my boba drink  and head to one of the benches and listen to music for a bit to relax)

I was happy for Hwiyoung since I haven't seen him be interested in another girl ever since our terrible first date.

I soon then headed back to work and after a couple of hours everyone who worked at the event (including the food truck employees) decided to take one huge group photo at the photo booth.

While cleaning up my friends and I exchanged bye's and once my co-workers returned to the office we had a short debrief meeting which was mainly filled with the pros and cons of the event and the ways in which we could improve as a group.

Thankfully our manager saw how tired we all were and cut the meeting to like about 3 minutes so that we could all return home.


A month later

It was officially now Spring and you were glad to have the cold weather go away for a while.

Remember the singer I mentioned earlier on in the entries? Well we got in contact with his manager again as he confirmed that he would be flying out to our campus in the next couple of weeks and let me tell you all the female co-workers on my team were fangirling like crazy.

I unfortunately though didn't get to spend time with him since I was positioned to work at the inflatables while the singer was stationed to work near campus where we were giving out free kind bars to students passing by.

However that was only for the first day of the event, because this event was a 2-day event I eventually made my way around being at the Kind Bars booth.

(Singer)-I was wondering on when I was going to see you around, I wanted to thank you for suggesting me to play at your school

(You)-I should be thanking you, so how do you like our campus so far?

(Singer)-Although it's small I will say that you all have a great community and seem to know what kind of events your students look forward to.

(You)-You are right on the community part since that's what my organization focuses on alot 

(Singer)-I never got your name when we first met

(You)-I'm (y/n)-ah depending on who's asking since I also don't know your real name 

(Singer)-It's (blank) 

(You)-Well (blank) it's nice to officially meet you (I said as we shook hands)

After our brief conversation he then continued to perform while I offered him kind bars once in a while.

I saw Rowoon sunbae around from time to time but I knew that he purposefully wasn't coming to my booth ever since he basically rejected my confession

Noticing that I had a lot on my mind the singer pulled up a chair next to me.

(Singer)-I know this is none of my business but I can tell when someone needs company

(You)-Well to tell you the truth I confessed my feelings to a guy that I've liked for a while now but I was rejected a couple months ago and I'm still not over him.

(Singer)-I get it, it hurts when you realize that you were the only one who had feelings for that person but then that person either tells you that their not interested or leads you on with false hope.

(You)-I guess I liked him more than I realized I did (I said without knowing that a tear was falling down my cheek)

The singer then wiped my tears away with his hands and pulled me into a hug

We then awkwardly moved away when my manager came by to tell us that the event was ending soon and that we should clean up.

By the time he had to pack up his things to leave, he pulled me aside by his van to hand me over his phone number on a little note

(You)-what's this?

(Singer)-this is my way of telling you that I want to stay in contact with you if that's alright with you

(You)-Ohh I see

(Singer)-I know you're not ready for another guy in your life but let me know when you're ready and I'll be here for you. (he said with sincerity in his eyes)

(You)-How do I know you haven't used that line on any other girl? How do I know that you actually have feelings for me? (I asked wanting him to be honest with me)

(Singer)-If I wasn't being honest would I do this (he said pulling me closer to him to kiss me lightly on the lips before letting go and looking at me to make sure that I consent him to kiss me again and basically I had a movie scene playing in my head)

Little did you know that someone saw the two of you kiss. Who do you think it was? (Leave it in the comments)

To be continued