Entry #8

My Sunbae's Ex Likes Me?

Dear Diary..

It's been a couple of months since I've last opened this book to write about what's been happening in my life recently.

I guess to start off it's now Winter Quarter which meant that we had to complete our Winter training a week before the quarter would officially begin for everyone else.

What is Winter training you ask? Well it's basically a time for everyone to bond and to go over what we as student employees and leaders need to do during emergency situations and all that.

It was nice to see everyone from the office as I haven't seen them during Winter break so we basically all gathered up into tables based on the student organization you were a part of and from there we had lunch from catering and hung out in one of the empty classrooms that were available that day for use.

I forgot to mention how I saw Rowoon sunbae that day as I was trying to find the classroom number and was briefly lost for a second but as I was making my way out of the elevator I had seen something I never expected to see.

What I saw was Rowoon sunbae making out with one of his co-workers near the stairs, and because I didn't want to be seen as a witness I walked away as silently as I could and eventually found the right classroom number and went immediately inside while trying to forget what I just saw.

Not that I was jealous or anything but I definitely did not expect him to move on that fast since it was currently January and they broke up only 3 months ago.

Although you kept your mouth shut about it, word quickly went around that he had already moved on and people in the classroom were quick to take sides.

(Co-worker 1)-Hey did you hear about Rowoon sunbae making out with an unnie from Student Council?

(Co-worker 2)-I guess the rumors were correct that he's still the player he once was

(Co-worker 3)-Wait Y/N-ah didn't you see anything while you were on your way here? since you were one of the last people to arrive shortly before Rowoon sunbae and his new gf

(You)-No I didn't see anything, they must've been on a different floor or something (you said covering for yourself so that no further questions would be asked)

(Co-worker 2)-Are you going to tell Hyeyoon unnie about this?

(Co-worker 3)-I'm sure one of her friends in this room probably sent her the photo of him already

Soon the only thing people were talking about was of him being a playboy and soon every girl started unfollowing him which was going over the line in my opinion since a part of me knew that this wasn't the full story.

Even though I promised Hyeyoon unnie I would keep an eye on Rowoon sunbae you never once remembered to give her an update on things and only replied with the same answers of "he's doing better" or "I haven't seen him around that much"

But on this day I knew that I shouldn't keep my mouth shut so as soon as I arrived home I gave her a call

(Hyeyoon)-Hey y/n-ah how are you? (she says in a happy tone which probably meant that she hasn't heard about the news yet)

(You)-I'm good unnie how have you been doing? Did you spend the holidays with your family?

(Hyeyoon)-I've been well, and yes I got to spend the holidays with my family but boy were they sad when I told them about the breakup. How's everything been going at school and your job?

(You)-Pretty good, unnie I have to tell you something about Rowoon sunbae actually and you might want to be alone when you hear this if by chance you're with other people at the moment.

(Hyeyoon)-Yeah okay go for it (she said walking into her room since her friends were actually in her living room)

(You)-So I don't know if you've seen the photo going around or not but Rowoon sunbae was seen making out with a girl from Student Council earlier today before Winter Training took place and I just thought you should know before you get spammed with messages and photos.

(Hyeyoon)-(she was silent for a while and I decided to give her time before she could respond)

(You)-Unnie are you okay?

(Hyeyoon)-Was he by chance kissing (blank) sunbae? (she asked in a nervous voice) *also if I ever have a blank included feel free to insert any name you would prefer while you read since I didn't have a name in mind for this person specifically*

(You)-Yeah I think it might've been (blank) unnie based on the photos but I don't know for sure, how did you know?

(Hyeyoon)-Well when Rowoon and I were still together this sunbae just wouldn't leave him alone and would always find an excuse to get his attention even when I was right in front of her. The nerve she has to now take him just because he's single is pathetic of her.

(You)-Does this mean he might've been forced to kiss her then?

(Hyeyoon)-I don't know but there's a chance she kissed him just to get everyone's attention on social media, so what I'm trying to say is that she's using him.

(You)-Do I need to tell him about this?

(Hyeyoon)-No you don't have to and you probably shouldn't since (blank) sunbae will find a way to take revenge on you if you ruin her plan

(You)-So what? you want me to do nothing then?

(Hyeyoon)-Rowoon's smart enough I'm sure he'll get out of this by himself, this is his problem so he should be the one to fix it.

(You)-What if he falls for her plan?

(Hyeyoon)-Don't get involved Y/N-ah no matter what okay, but let me know when he fixes things. (she says hanging up)


A week later

I ended up seeing that Hyeyoon unnie was right all along as everyone in the office knew at this point that (blank) sunbae was the one following him around and flirting with him while Rowoon sunbae just sat there and ignored her which I thought was funny.

It made me realize how we are so quick to judge people based on the situation when we don't even have the full picture.

The rest of the day went as usual as since it was a Friday you just had a group meeting around 4pm to look forward too as it was going to be announced that we had finally hired a new graphic designer for the team which for me fortunately meant that I only had to do half the work load I currently had.

While I was heading to the bathroom that day you were pulled into the supplies closet by no one other than Rowoon sunbae.

(You)-Sunbae can I help you? I think you might've grabbed the wrong person (you said looking down at your wrist since he was still holding it)

(Rowoon)-(starts walking closer to me until our faces were close to eachother while I was taking a step back until my back was touching the wall)

(You)-if this is about me telling Hyeyoon unnie then I'm sorry but I had to tell her (I said very fast while closing my eyes not knowing what was going to happen next)

(Rowoon)-(steps back from you and ruffles your hair while smiling)-Don't worry y/n-ah I'm actually here to thank you

(You)-For what?

(Rowoon)-For not ratting me out that day since I saw you coming out of the elevator.

(You)-You did?

(Rowoon)-Yeah and you don't need to worry about my situation anymore because I just got (blank) sunbae fired since none of the managers and employees here including myself thought she wasn't a good employee

(You)-Ohh I guess everything's back to normal then (I said trying to walk out but was stopped)

(Rowoon)-One last question before you go, why have you been avoiding me?

(You)-No reason other than the fact that we're not actually close enough to care about each other since I really only knew you because of Hyeyoon unnie, and now that she's no longer dating you there's no reason for me to be assoicated with you.

(Rowoon)-You may not care about me but I care about you. (he says letting go of my wrist and turning me to face him)

(You)-What does that mean?

(Rowoon)-It means that I want you to be comfortable around me, we're a family here in this office and as a senior I need to know what I've done wrong so tell me the real reason.

(You)-What is it that you want to hear exactly? since I just told you the real reason (I said walking closer to him this time to make him feel intimidated)

He then brought his hands up to cup my face while contemplating on what to do next, that is until you both heard someone coming into the closet with the key card

The two of you then separate and act as if you were looking for something on the shelves.

As the door opens I quickly ran out to go to the bathroom to take in what just happened since I was sure that if no one came in at that moment he would've kissed me or done something he would regret.

But at the same time I wondered why he was making a move on me all of a sudden, and not knowing what was to be I was prepared to not be fooled by one of his games if he was playing one.

Do you think he is actually starting to have feelings for you? Find out in the next entry^^

To be continued