Entry #14

My Sunbae's Ex Likes Me?

My Roommate's POV

After watching Hwiyoung pace back and forth for a while I finally said something.

(Me)-I know saying this to someone in a relationship is wrong but I couldn't keep them to myself anymore

(Hwiyoung)-Then why bother? what were you hoping to get out of this if you told me?

(Me)-I don't expect anything in return from you since our friendship means so much to me

(Hwiyoung)-You may say that but the whole point of a confession is to get your feelings out there and hoping that the other person will feel the same way in return and you know that I've already given my heart to someone else. I don't know how you want me to react to this...but I know that this will affect our friendship for the time being.

(Me)-I understand (I said as I walked away and went back to my apartment)

I know you all were probably thinking there would be a happy ending but I'm sorry to disappoint you. But at least now I'll have no regrets of never telling him how I felt, even though I may have just lost a friend. Was it really worth it then?

I haven't spoke to or seen him ever since that day, as whenever we would even relatively be in the same area he would leave just by seeing my presence. 

He also rarely came over if it was just me and Y/N, Rowoon sunbae had to be there in order for him to have a reason to come over for dinner.

Was I mad at him for reacting this way? No I couldn't be since this was my choice at the end of the day and I can't take back the words I've already said.

Well I guess I'll hand it back over to Y/N now since I'm sure here week was better than mine~


Dear Diary...

I don't know where I last left off but I'm assuming it was regarding my roommate and Hwiyoung's relationship which I'm sure everyone knows by now that they aren't on speaking terms at the moment.

Being the friend in the middle of their current situation I would get texts from both of them having to choose on who to meet up with.

Have I tried to invite him over so that he could speak with her? Absolutely but he would always decline the offer.

I've been the mediator of this whole situation and the one thing that these two have in common within our conversations were that they both didn't want to lose a friend. Meaning that they clearly miss each other's company but don't know when they are able to go back to the way they were before.

(Roommate)-Do you think he hates me?

(You)-No of course not he still cares about you, I think he's just confused on his own feelings after you confessed to him. Let him come to you.

(Roommate)-I'm sure his new girlfriend probably wouldn't like me now

(You)-Why's that?

(Roommate)-She's clearly obsessed with him and knows about his whereabouts since I recall him getting multiple texts from her just when he came to meet me that day

(You)-Well if she's not right for him I'm sure Hwiyoung will realize that 

(Roommate)-I sure hope so (she said sighing while sipping her coffee)

Alright well enough about my roommate and Hwiyoung as for now since I don't know when things will get better for them, I should probably start talking about my life now and to say the least I don't really have much going on other than preparing for finals and working.

Since the school year was almost coming to an end we had to now conduct interviews for anyone interested in the opening positions for next year, along with every co-worker having to write a transitional/welcoming letter to whoever takes our spot next year.

Let's just say my letter sounded so fake but sincere at the same time since it's basically just wishing the future you the best (because with the manager we have they'll need it)

As I was taking a break from my letter and watching kpop videos with my co-worker Rowoon sunbae and sneaked up behind us saying: "omg is that Jungkook's abs?" in a fangirl voice.

My co-worker and I then almost fell off of our chairs due to the shock.

(You)-What the heck? were you trying to give us a heart attack?

(Rowoon)-Nice to see you two getting along and I will admit he has a nice body as a fellow male myself 

(Co-worker)-(notices that she's third wheeling)-I'm going to go to my work now so you two have fun (she said heading back to her desk)

(Rowoon)-I actually came over here to ask you something 

(You)-Yeah sure ask away

(Rowoon)-Do you think that there's a chance that Hyeyoon still likes me?

(You)-What do you mean by that? you two broke up remember

(Rowoon)-Yeah i know that but a part of me feels like maybe it was because of the timing and that if we were given another chance that things would be better this time

(You)-Why don't you talk to her about it? that way you can determine whether or not you're making the right decision for the both of you.

(Rowoon)-Yeah you're right, I'll text her to meet me tonight (he says running out of the office)

(Your thoughts)-"I guess Hyeyoon unnie is the only person who's in his heart still..."

My co-worker then came up to me again shortly after he left to ask me the question I've been avoiding for the longest time.

(Co-worker)-You still like him don't you?

(You)-Yeah but he'll never feel the same way so it's hopeless  

I know this story will be a lot of back and forth in terms of my feelings towards Rowoon sunbae but don't worry we'll get together eventually after this whole train wreck phase ends.

To be continued