Entry #3

My Sunbae's Ex Likes Me?

Dear Diary...

Do I have a lot to spill to you today as let's just say a lot happened this week.

First of all I went on this blind date with a guy who wouldn't stop talking about himself and when I ordered something other than a salad at a restaurant he was quick to judge my appearance. I swear I'm going to end up just hating men for the rest of my life. So I ended up spilling my drink on him before heading out of the restaurant and crying on my way home.

The next couple of days were just filled with me and my co-workers talking bad about our manager who wouldn't help us further prepare for the event as all she did was just stand there and critique everything we do. When what we needed was more hands on deck to have everything set up on the day of the event.

This event was basically like the "back to school party for incoming freshmans" except the fact that no alcohol was allowed which made it feel like a highschool dance all over again. Did I mention there were absolutely no beverages at my high school prom other than there being a water fountain? But obviously being the person on the other side who was preparing the event made me realize that this took a lot of work than I ever expected and not having enough volunteers really took a toll on my energy for the rest of the night.

I was glad that we had a lot of people show up so that we wouldn't have any leftovers for snacks and drinks, something else I should mention was that Hyeyoon unnie and Rowoon sunbae showed up separately that night. I know this is none of my business and they probably wanted to spend time with their friends but isn't it weird that I never once saw them speak to each other? (keep in mind of this night as this will probably explain their behavior towards one another for the rest of the week)

Anyways towards the end of the event we had to send everyone out of the building as we notified them that we had to clean up and so I had to spend another 2 hours on campus until around 9pm.

When I was done cleaning I headed downstairs to go back into the office to get my backpack so I could head home with my friend, as we were heading towards our apartment parking lot I saw that the guy i was on a blind date with was waiting by our door.

(You to your friend)-Don't tell me you invited him here

(Your friend)-I heard what happened the other night and I apologize on behalf of him but please hear him out i swear he's not as bad as you think

(You)-No you don't understand, spending time with him actually caused me physical pain like do you know how big his ego is?

(Your friend)-Just hear him out he's not here to ask you on another date or anything I promise so go on up first and I'll be there after I check our mailbox

(You)-Fine but if he takes an hour to apologize he's getting kicked out of our apartment (I said while walking up the stairs to meet him)

(Him)-Hi Y/N-ah sorry for showing up without telling you beforehand i just wanted to apologize for the way I behaved as I'm actually the complete opposite and I only acted cocky so that you would be more interested in me.

(You)-Why don't we talk about this inside (I said while opening the door for him)

I then told him to have a seat while I got him a glass of water

With there being a long awkward pause I then decided to also apologize to him

(You)-I also want to apologize for splashing water all over you, it's just that every guy I've met on a blind date seems to just have the same personality trait that makes me want to never to be in a relationship. 

(Him)-Is it possible for us to start over?

(You)-I'd like that 

(Him)-I should probably introduced myself since i didn't get a chance to that night but my name is Hwiyoung 

(You)-Hi my name is Y/n-ah nice to meet you (with that the two of us exchanged phone numbers and decided to start out as friends instead before deciding on being bf and gf)

(Hwiyoung)-Well I should probably head back but I'm glad we got to talk, if you ever need a friend to call I'll be there (he said smiling which made my heart slightly flutter)

(You)-Thanks, get home safely (I said opening the door to see my friend leaning against it)

(Your friend)-Oh hey guys how did everything go?

(You)-You know you have a key to this place right? why bother listening through the door?

(Hwiyoung)-She's always been like this sadly, well I'm leaving for real now so good night to you both (he says waving bye)

(Your friend)-So are you guys back together now or?

(You)-We mutually decided that it's too soon for us to be in a relationship so we decided to stay as friends at the moment, but you were right I did misjudge him for a second there.

(Your friend)-I see..hmm well either way I ship it so let me know if anything happens between the two of you (she says while smiling as she walks to her room)


The next week

This week was pretty average for me I guess but there was someone that I kept worrying about: Hyeyoon unnie

What led me to be worried about her was mainly because after this interaction with Rowoon sunbae in the student office she started to not show up to anything whether it was to the weekly club meetings or to her job on campus.

Here's what I witnessed the day before she was supposedly "not showing up to things":

I was sitting by the computers working on printing out some new event flyers and sending out more emails (so basically the usual) 

While I was on my break watching some Youtube videos I saw Hyeyoon unnie entering the office as she was holding a burrito from the food truck and she had walked towards Rowoon who she had to tap on the shoulder to get his attention in an annoying manner which made me think: "why was she so mad at him?"

(Hyeyoon)-Here's what you asked for (she says while handing him the plate of food)

(Rowoon)-Where's my drink? did you forget to ask?

(Hyeyoon)-Get it yourself, don't ask me for everything (she says leaving the building)

Rowoon sunbae then headed downstairs to which I assume the vending machines as he had returned with a water bottle in his hand

I tried my best to act as if I didn't just hear their little bickering but one thing I noticed for sure was that in that moment the love in their eyes was no longer there. Meaning that they seemed as if they were following a routine rather than seeing each other because they missed one another.

I wish I had more to say about that but as I've previously mentioned I barely knew Rowoon sunbae so I just went on with my business while trying to not make eye contact with him for the rest of the day.

After handing out flyers out by the library for students i headed into one of the small rooms we had as I had a one on one meeting scheduled with my manager which was something I never looked forward to every week.

As every week I felt like I was just being told on what I was lacking for our organization since I admit that this was my very first job and it didn't help that I was given a ridiculous amount of tasks that I've never done before.

However this meeting was rather different since she requested for me to work on a project of my own so that more of our campus community would know about who actually is in charge of hosting these events every year.

Therefore, I gave her the idea that I should create a video that introduces everyone in the organization and interview them with a few questions so that it not only explained our roles but gave an opportunity for other students who may want to take on our positions for the next school year since we only had a one year contract.

My manager seemed intrigued by my idea and told me to start the filming process as soon as possible for the next couple of weeks.

Wish me luck! As for my next entry you will witness me talking about how much stress this whole project caused me to have. Along with how Rowoon sunbae actually ends up helping me in this whole process. 

To be continued