Entry #19

My Sunbae's Ex Likes Me?

Rowoon's POV-

I've been working at the cafe as usual as I've been trying to find a job of my interest because if I'm being honest entering the real world hasn't exactly been the easiest thing to adapt to.

Let's just say that it happened to be like any other day until I saw both Hwiyoung and Y/N's roommate running to my cafe asking where Y/N might be since they thought that she might've been staying at my place or something.

(Her roommate)-Are you sure you haven't seen her? She just left us both a note that she was leaving to LA but we don't know where in LA she currently resides in. 

(Me)-I'm sorry I can't be much of help but the last time I talked to her it seemed that she was having a hard time with Taeyang since she felt like she didn't love him anymore. 

(Hwiyoung)-Any of you have enough money to pay for airplane tickets?

(Me)-I've been broke so not me

(Her roommate)-Did Taeyang break up with her or something? because if that's the case I'll make sure it's the last day he's alive 

(Hwiyoung)-We have to find her hyung can you please help us?

(Me)-Fine you two meet me at the airport tomorrow and just try to buy your own tickets by then online, don't forget that we're choosing the cheapest option possible so it may take 2 planes to get there.

The two then left and I ended up asking my boss for a 2 week vacation in advance and fortunately she allowed it.

i know you all are thinking that this is a crazy idea since for one we don't even know where in LA she is currently and it wasn't like she was going to tell us.

I kept asking myself on why I decided to help them find her...did she really mean that much to me? or was I just doing this out of the kindness of my heart?


The next day

So we ended up arriving to Los Angeles having no plan or an idea of where Y/N currently was so we tried to call everyone we knew from Hyeyoon to her parents and it wasn't until we got on a subway and saw an advertisement poster that said something about marketing and I figured that was probably where she could've worked at based on her major and what not.

(Hwiyoung)-I have an idea, since there are at least 10 companies in our area why don't we split up, I'll go with her roommate and you can go to the other 5 companies and let us know if you find her.

(Me)-Yeah that works and same goes for you guys too 

(Her roommate)-Alright let's go find our girl

I don't know if I was meant to find her but by the fifth company just when I was about to give up I had ran into someone which caused them to drop all of their papers

(Me)-I'm so sorry let me help you miss

(Y/N)-Rowoon sunbae? what are you doing here?

(Me)-Well your roommate, Hwiyoung, and I decided to come find you here since we wanted to know if you were okay since you left without a word.

(Y/N)-Hwiyoung and my roommate are here too? 

(Me)-Yeah I actually told them I would text them if I found you so

(Y/N)-Tell them to meet me at my place in 30 minutes since I'm still working and I'll explain everything to you all then

After she gave me her address and her spare keys I texted both Hwiyoung and her roommate the address and we soon all just sat in her living room of her apartment.

(Her roommate)-Did she tell you anything sunbae?

(Me)-No I only know as much as you all do since she told me that she'd tell us everything when she got back

(Hwiyoung)-Still this is so out of character of her that I don't know if I'll understand or come to terms with her new lifestyle 

(Me)-Let's at least listen to her first before we start saying our opinions

Soon enough after about 30-40mins she finally arrived and we were all left clueless as to what she will say.

(Y/N)-Can I get you guys anything to drink?

(All 3 of us)-Water's fine

We then ended up getting seated again on the couch just staring at her until she spoke...it sounds creepy but it's true.

(Y/N)-The main reason I left was because I felt trapped since I clearly broke Taeyang's heart due to his recent actions of ghosting me and I had no motivation to stay back in Korea if I had completed my degree so I took as many classes until I had enough credits to graduate and found a job here.

(Her roommate)-Why didn't you tell us you were going through a hard time? We're your friends after all, but I guess you've made it clear that you don't need us anymore.

(Hwiyoung)-If I had known he had been ghosting you I could've talked to him and fixed this issue

(Y/N)-Yeah but that's the thing I wanted to leave it wasn't because of any of you it was my choice. I don't expect any of you to understand me but wish that you won't make me go back.

As she was talking we heard a knock on her door.

(The singer)-Hey neighbor they accidentally gave me your mail by mistake

(Y/N)-K thanks (she says closing her door in his face without even looking at him)

(Her roommate)-You're neighbors with your ex?!

(Y/N)-Trust me I didn't plan for it to be this way I found out like last month when I moved in, but I've made it clear to him that I'm not into him anymore and yet he still won't stop coming over

(Hwiyoung)-If Taeyang was the main reason then why were you hiding from us as well? We could've helped you in this whole process. Do you not even want to be friends with us anymore?

(Y/N)-I don't know what I want I figured that leaving was my next step and I didn't think about anyone else in that process and I'm sorry for that. I don't deserve friends like you, you all know where you're going in life while I'm slowly falling apart. 

I decided to leave the apartment and take a walk to a nearby cafe to give the three of them some space.


Later that day

We decided that since we didn't reserve a hotel room so we decided to sleep in her living room since we all brought individual sleeping bags.

However being unable to fall asleep right away I just sat by the fire in deep thought wondering what I was doing in LA. 

Y/N then came to sit next to me while giving me a hot chocolate since she couldn't sleep either.

(Y/N)-Thanks for taking care of both Hwiyoung and my roommate on the way here since they wouldn't have asked just anyone for help to find me if they didn't trust you

(Rowoon)-No problem, I'm glad to see you back up on your feet you seem happier.

(Y/N)-We didn't exactly get a chance to talk earlier but I was wondering on why you came all this way to see me, was it just to help Hwiyoung and my roommate? or was it because of something else?

(Me)-Mainly it was to be the guardian for both Hwiyoung and your roommate but I came to see you since I missed you and wondered how you were doing since during our last conversation you were crying and unsure about your feelings.

(Y/N)-I guess after being ghosted I got my answer on how he also felt towards me and to be quite honest I wasn't upset by his behavior strangely enough. I wonder if I'll ever fall in love again or if I deserve to be loved by anyone.

(Me)-(gently touch her hand to comfort her by saying)-"of course you deserve to be loved you just need to find the right person who will loved you for who you are"

(Y/N)-Would it be weird for me to still say that I have feelings for you?

(Me)-No it wouldn't because I like you too

If any of you are wondering on what happened next look out for the next entry :)

To be continued