Entry #6

My Sunbae's Ex Likes Me?

Dear Diary...

Hello again! I've been wanting to write this next entry but I just didn't know where to begin.

I guess it would be best to start from where we left off last time.

So after realizing the umbrella belonged to Rowoon sunbae let's just say I "procrastinated" on finding the right time to give it back to him without bothering him.

I even went to ask some of the co-workers that worked with him from the student council but no one seemed to want to enter the meeting room he hid himself in.

So by Thursday of that week I decided to gather up the courage to enter the room by knocking

But there was no answer despite there being a light on in the room.

Not knowing what to do I decided to get help from one of his co-workers who was in for the day.

(You to Rowoon's co-worker)-Unnie is Rowoon sunbae in today by chance?

(Rowoon's co-worker)-Yeah he should be here since he's scheduled for a meeting later, why is he not in his little man cave?

(You)-I tried knocking but there was no answer, would you mind giving this back to him for me?

(Rowoon's co-worker)-(grabs your hand and opens the door of the meeting room Rowoon was in)

We then both realized that Rowoon was not responding since he was listening to music with headphones on

(Rowoon's co-worker)-I'm tired of this (she said while taking off his headphones to yell at him)

(Rowoon)-What the heck? (he said glaring at both of us)

(Rowoon co-worker)-Did you not hear us knocking on the door?

(Rowoon)-Obviously not

(Rowoon's co-worker)-Ok I get that you just went through a rough breakup but that doesn't mean that you get the right to treat people like crap

(You)-Unnie it's fine calm down I'm just here to return this back sunbae (I said while putting the umbrella next to his backpack without making any eye contact and left the room since I didn't want to be a part of this argument)

(Rowoon)-The two of you were making a fuss just because of an umbrella? (he said feeling bad that he yelled when you were also in the room)

(Rowoon co-worker)-Look at what you did you scared her off. Just do me a favor and do your job and let me know when you decide to act like a decent human being again. We both know this isn't really you.

After leaving the room his co-worker came back to your desk to apologize for how she behaved and everything was back to normal for the most part.


Two days later

You had finally finished the promotion video and shared it during the team meeting before releasing on our website and I was glad that everyone seemed to be proud of my work.

For the rest of the week you spent time in the library pretending to study when you were really just watching webdramas and eating snacks 

You eventually did finish your assignments and every other day Hwiyoung and your roommate would come and give you company 

I know this sounds pretty boring but I'm sorry, being a college student isn't all that exciting like they make it seem in the dramas I watch.

I wish it was easy to find a nice guy in my class that would give me the time of day but we both know that having no experience in dating won't get me very far.

So I've decided to just focus on my studies and work this semester since I have nothing better to do.

Since I was feeling low on energy I got myself a taro bubble tea and probably looked a little too happy after taking my first sip since Hwiyoung would not stop making fun of me.

(Hwiyoung)-Is it that good?

(You)-YES, want a sip?

(Hwiyoung)-No thanks I'm good with my coffee

We ended up parting ways as we both headed to our last class.

While I was in class I got a text from Hyeyoon unnie asking if I could come over later today.

I ended up responding once I left class and headed to her apartment afterwards. Once I got to her place all I saw were packed boxes and I didn't even know what to say at that point.

(You)-Unnie what is all this? Are you moving? Does Rowoon sunbae know about this?

(Hyeyoon)-I got an internship and since I graduate next quarter I decided to get a head start and pack things up early since I've already rented a new apartment. Would you mind helping me put these boxes in my car?

(You)-Yeah sure (I said putting down my backpack)

After managing to pack all the boxes in her car I stopped her for a second to talk.

(You)-All right spill everything right now.

(Hyeyoon)-What do you mean? I'm simply just moving that's all.

(You)-Yeah but you're also someone that hates change, I know why you're being like this but I'm sure that this won't heal your broken heart.

(Hyeyoon)-How is he?

(You)-Why do you ask?

(Hyeyoon)-Because I need to know that he's doing fine without me (she says holding back tears)

(You)-Do you want the real answer? then fine to be honest he's doing just as bad as you since he keeps pushing people away from him

(Hyeyoon)-I'm sorry to ask you this but could you check up on him from time to time for me? 

(You)-What why me? I barely know him unnie

(Hyeyoon)-But I know you care about him as much as I do so please do me a favor while I'm away. (she says before driving off in her car to her new apartment)

(Your thoughts)-what just happened? does she expect me to babysit him now? how can I take care of someone else when I can't even take care of myself?


Around a month later 

Rowoon sunbae seemed to be back to his normal self now which thankfully meant that you didn't have to check up on him as much.

You spoke to him from time to time but only for work related questions as he had all the information about certain clubs and who was in charge of it.

I guess at this point I could consider him as an acquaintance to say the least since I no longer felt uncomfortable around him.

I was just glad to see him smile once in a while as that is what Hyeyoon unnie would've wanted as well.

I should mention that around this time was when we were hosting something known as Casino Night which is where we actually had students play poker (with fake money) and once again with there being no alcohol allowed.

I was mainly in charge of the popcorn and stayed there for the rest of the evening putting on a fake smile despite yawning every time people were gone.

Towards the end of the event I saw Rowoon and his friends come to our event to mostly look around and support us.

I hoped that he wouldn't see me since I was so out of it that I probably wouldn't be much fun to talk too. But he did end up coming to the stand to take a bag of popcorn.

(Rowoon)-Hi y/n-ah can I take one? (he said pointing to one of the bags filled with popcorn)

(You)-Yeah (I said handing him the bag)

We then said something at the same time but due to the music playing from the dj in the background we could barely hear what was said.

(You)-What did you say sunbae? (I asked a little louder this time)

(Rowoon)-(he suddenly then came closer to me with saying anything to take off an eyelash that was on my cheek)-"oh nothing just this" (he said smiling)

I'm not gonna lie when I say that when he walked over to me I was not breathing. Like seriously.....how did I do that?

Before things got too awkward his friends eventually came over and they left soon afterwards. 

One of your co-workers who saw what had happened then came over to me.

(Co-worker)-Well well well do you two have something going on?

(You)-Huh? what do you mean by that?

(Co-worker)-Oh come on don't play dumb y/n-ah

(You)-I'm really not 

(Co-worker)-Rowoon sunbae hasn't even spoken to or interacted with another female that friendly ever since he broke up with Hyeyoon unnie and you and I both know that very well

(You)-He was just being nice that's all

(Co-worker)-I didn't think you were the type to go for someone else's ex but I guess you are (she said before walking away to go stand by the door so that no one re-enters the event if they've already signed out)

(Your thoughts)-How could she say that? I would never, I respect Hyeyoon unnie too much to do something like that.

Later that night to your surprise you saw that Rowoon sunbae was now following you on Instagram and I didn't know what to do.

Do you think I will end up falling for him? Or will I try by best to not care about him? Find out in my next entry on what will happen next between Rowoon sunbae and I.

To be continued