Entry #1

My Sunbae's Ex Likes Me?

Dear Diary...

Let me tell you where and how this all started and who the characters of this story will be.

First off here's me (y/n)-ah I'm currently a third year in college trying to get my life together in terms of finding a internship and deciding whether or not my current major is right for me. Something else you should know about me is that I currently work at my college campus by being an event coordinator and with also being in charge of publicizing our events. I also am a part of a photography club which is where i met Hyeyoon unnie and we have been inseparable ever since.

Hyeyoon unnie is currently a senior who's also a communication major and is a part of student council which is a student organization that takes care of all the clubs and funding for their activities and events. This is actually how she and Rowoon sunbae met as they knew of each other from going to the same high school but the two of them never actually spoke to each other until they started working together. Couple goals right?

I mean they literally were the couple everyone rooted for until they both graduated but sadly their relationship ended earlier this year and it seemed as if they were obviously keeping a distance from one another. Although Hyeyoon sunbae and I are fairly close I never asked questions about her and Rowoon sunbae's relationship and seeing the two of them in the office together made me wonder where did they go wrong? How could two people who loved each other so much all of a sudden just fight every time they interact?

As for Rowoon sunbae who is the final character in this story I'm about to unfold...I sadly don't have much to say about him since I barely know him but to give you a general background on him: he's known for being the tallest guy in the office which is why whenever we have to reach for something on the top shelf he's your guy, he's pretty chill and quiet especially if you aren't already acquainted with him, he seems to enjoy his personal space and only talks to some of my co-workers from our student organization that he's friends with. Overall I would say he's a good guy.


Now I know what you're wondering where does this story exactly start?

I would like to start this story from the first day I actually met the two of them during our training days which was mainly around the summer of 2018:

On this day specifically, every on-campus student employee was required to help incoming freshman student move in into their dorms that were provided near campus. This meant that we had to help students find which hall/apartment complex they were assigned to and help them move their luggage/boxes into their dorm rooms.

I remember having to wake up very early this morning and heading to the bus so I wouldn't be late since each employee had to arrive on time. So that I could get their t-shirts & name tags to make it clear that we were part of the staff and not the students who were moving in. 

For the most part I was too busy helping students and took occasional breaks and talked to other students at the time as we were all planning to have a group lunch afterwards.

At this point I didn't know Hyeyoon unnie just yet but I saw her walking around with a guy and assumed they were a couple before Rowoon sunbae stated that he had a girlfriend to his friends shortly after.

I mainly kept a distance because if I'm being completely honest they seemed intimidating, but I'm not gonna lie to myself as I did originally think that Rowoon sunbae was cute but so did everyone else before they knew he wasn't single.

It wasn't until when we were all deciding on rides to the restaurant that I first interacted with Hyeyoon unnie who was actually really friendly. As she asked if I had a ride and being shy I could only shake my head before getting into her car.

Keep in mind that this car ride was extremely awkward as I knew absolutely NO ONE and since I was only a second-year at the time I barely knew anyone who was a grade higher than I was. 

The moment I finally got out of Hyeyoon unnie's car I walked towards my co-workers who I actually knew so that I would have someone to talk to during lunch (wow this makes me sound like a loner but you know what? This is reality and sometimes you will have to pretend to get along with people you've never met)

Since it was a pretty big group we decided to go eat Korean BBQ and to my surprise Hyeyoon unnie and Rowoon sunbae ended up sitting next to me, as there weren't other seats available. Which made me feel as if I was sitting at the popular kids table all of a sudden.

Other than making eye contact I never spoke to any of them and proceeded to just talk to those I knew during the earlier training days and Hyeyoon unnie did the same as she and Rowoon only spoke to the sunbae's at our table.

When dinner finally ended I got a text from my roommate asking when I'd be back by and asked some of my friends if they could give me a ride home.

Your friend (y/f/n) ended up taking you back but before you left you heard someone calling for you.

(Hyeyoon)-Hey you left this behind (she says handing me back my jacket )

(You)-Thank you sunbaenim (I said shyly)

(Hyeyoon)-Oh please call me unnie sunbaenim makes me feel older, also before you go are you by chance interested in joining photography club? since we are looking for new members at the moment

(You)-Um I would be interested but could I have sometime to think about it? 

(Hyeyoon)-Of course, here's our club e-mail if you have any questions (she said handing me a small flyer) I look forward to hearing from you (and with that she headed back into the restaurant to find Rowoon)

I ultimately did end up deciding to be a part of the club, not because of Hyeyoon unnie but mostly because I enjoyed taking pictures and wanted to improve my skills.

As of right now this is where our story ends....until next time when I will start the next entry which will be more focused on Hyeyoon unnie and I's relationship, and how she kind of ended up becoming a mentor for me.

I will talk about Rowoon a little later in the story as I wanted to establish a clear background on the character's relationships as that will help you understand why I behaved a certain way towards him in the beginning stages of our "relationship" of getting to know each other.

To be continued