Twenty-Six

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yuri-ah?"

 

Yoona shouted out in the dark place that she was in. It was like a maze with lots of hallways that doesn't seem to end. As she walked through it, she saw a glimpse of Yuri walking on one of the hallways. She followed her best friend through the maze as Yuri led her to the middle of it.

 

Her footsteps stopped when she found Yuri in the middle with a man in a suit holding her and pointing a gun at her. No matter how much Yoona squinted her eyes to try and recognize the man, she can't seem to figure it out.

 

"Who are you?!" She shouted and she tried to take a step forward but her feet was seemingly glued to the ground.

 

The man didn't answer. The scared look in Yuri's eyes is killing Yoona on the inside. She tried to move again but to no avail.

 

"Yul, I can't--"

 

"Just stay, Yoong. Stay where you are right now. You'll get to him eventually," Yuri gave her a teary smile before the man pulled the trigger. BANG!

 

"YURI!!!" Yoona jolted up, sweat dripping from her forehead. A bad dream. Again.

 

GD ran to her immediately, he has a towel covering his lower body, chest and abdoment was bare. His hair was wet. He came straight from the shower. "Hey, are you okay?"

 

She was still breathing hard. She closed her eyes in anger and covered her face. It's been more than a year since Yuri died and she still has no information as to why she was killed. "I'm-- I had a bad dream. Probably from all the alcohol we drank last night."

 

"Bad dream?"

 

"Yeah, I'll just go shower. I feel sticky with this sweat on me."

 

Yoona gave him a smile that hopefully tells him that she's okay before heading to the shower. She stripped her clothes, being careful to remove the bandages on her arm and then the shower. The cold water splashed on her face down to her body. As she stands their on the shower, she can't help but remember the lengths she went to to find out what happened to Yuri. And how it led to her eventual quitting in the FBI.

 

 

"Sehunnie, I'm not asking you to go above Director Jaejoong. I'm just saying that I've been looking into this for awhile now. Yuri and I were going on routine questioning on a home invasion case in the suburbs. The suburbs, Sehun! It's not exactly a place where someone gets shot out of nowhere."

 

It's not the first time the engaged couple had the same discussion. Ever since Yuri died, Yoona went through a phase of disbelief and then followed by an intense need for an investigation. One that had been rejected by the FBI too many times to count.

 

Sehun pinched the bridge of his nose and breathed to calm himself down. "Yoong, I know that Yuri's death was unexpected. But the bureau already concluded that it was just a mugging accident."

 

"If Yuri is just a civilian,  I would believe that. But she's not! She's a trained agent who can defend herself from simple crooks! I refuse to believe that it was just that simple. I'm telling you, Sehun! There is something fishy about this!"

 

"YOONA! Please. The investigation is closed. There is nothing more to find. The higher ups are very disappointed with your performance recently. Why don't you take a leave of absence? Use the time to plan our wedding too."

 

Her jaw dropped in disbelief. "Are you kidding me? Just because your bureau says it's done, it's done? There's still a lot of unanswered questions! Don't try to patronize me with the wedding plans and leaves!" She scoffed, dropping the case file she put together and putting both hands on her waist. "Did you ever think that the bureau might be wrong? The fact that they refuse to even glance at this file... Did you ever think they're trying to hide something?"

 

That earned her a glare from one of the best agents of the FBI. "Don't you ever say something like that."

 

"Sehun.." She dropped to the couch next to him and put her hands on his knees. Yoona looked him straight in the eye and started softly,"I need you to believe me on this. Yuri's death couldn't have been an accident. A mugging on a high-class suburb on the five minutes I was separated from my partner? The bureau closing the ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter