Seven

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: In my sleepy state last night, while writing Chapter Eight, I accidently saved and published the chapter. So I don't know if you're one of those who read it, it was a very rough draft. I have finished that chapter and now just editing it. So sorry for my mistake. I have no one to blame but myself. For that draft to make sense, please enjoy Chapter 7 which I very much enjoyed writing :)

 

"This is impressive! I knew there's a reason you're my favorite hyung!" said V, looking around the office space, the high-tech computers and cool interior design surrounding them.

 

GD and Taeyang both looked at the younger man and cleared their throats.

 

V caught the wrong thing he said and scratched the back of his head. "I mean, it changes everyday."

 

TOP just chuckled. "Welcome to Zutter HQ. The biggest black market place on the internet."

 

"TOP HYUNG!" Two guys came up to them, the one with green hair immediately hugged TOP. "We've been waiting for you!"

 

"Guys, this is Hyun Suk and Haruto. They're two of the twelve boys I left this place to. All of them have varying skills." The two guys waved at them, smiling. "Boys, this is Yoona, G-Dragon, Irene, Taeyang and that's V."

 

Hyun Suk grabbed Haruto's sleeves and pulled on it. "That's... that's G-Dragon!"

 

Yoona was amused. "I take it you've heard of them?"

 

Haruto nodded. "We've heard about all of you! You're the heiress of the Im family. Irene is a world-standard thief. We've gotten several emails asking if we knew how to get in touch with Taeyang offering him jobs."

 

"V's hacking skills are still on demand. G-Dragon's jobs are legendary!" Hyun Suk added. "If we knew TOP hyung was bringing you all! We hear murmurs of all of you in Zutter but no photos that we've seen."

 

"There's a reason for that. Photos will get you recognized which doesn't work in our world." TOP put out a hand. "Arasso, arasso. You can ask for their autographs later. You got what I ask for?"

 

"Conference room's ready for you, hyung!" Another guy named Yedam approached them and ushered them to the conference room. 

 

Taeyang put a hand on TOP's shoulder. "An office space in the middle of New York's business district for a black market? That takes guts!"

 

The older man looked boastful. "It's called hiding in plain sight."

 

"Where'd you get these kids, man?" GD asked.

 

"They were passed to me by this social worker I know. All of them have stayed in a male juvenile detention I'm familiar with. Lost causes, that's how they're usually described. But they're good kids, they just have unconventional hobbies and talents."

 

"They're just misunderstood..." V added quietly. "No one knew how to deal with them. Chalked them off as lost causes."

 

"Yeah, exactly." TOP said. "How'd you know that?"

 

V looked away. "Just a guess."

 

TOP realized how a second too late. The rest of them did as well.

 

"Mithra Jin has been using the Zutter platform for about eight months now. He is usually a seller of and meth but occassionally he sells toys. He posts a photo of a kid posing with a toy and opens it for bidding." Hyun Suk reported to the crew. They were all sitting in a creepily ordinary conference room for a black marketplace, V beside Haruto and Asahi as they work on their laptops.

 

"Except they're not selling the toy. They're selling the kid." Taeyang realized.

 

"That's right. For the last three months, there had been six toys listed in his account. The highest bid was $75,000."

 

Irene tightened her fist. Six toys means six kids sold in the black market. 

 

"Thanks, Hyun-Suk-ssi." Yoona said. "V? We got info on what Mithra Jin wants?"

 

V nodded. "According to the details Tablo gave, he wants evidence and details about the case for a DJ Tukutz. I can't find information about this DJ character but on what I could find, he is Mithra Jin's partner. He is being investigated as a person of interest in several drug-related deaths."

 

"Let me guess? Bad batch of ?" TOP mused.

 

"Bingo! He hadn't been arrested yet but once they have enough evidence, they will. Must be why they want the evidence to disappear."

 

"So we go infiltrate the law office, get the case file and exchange it for Haru?" Irene looked to GD for confirmation.


Taeyang shook his head. "We're not giving them what they want, are we? I'm a retrieval specialist. Let me just retrieve the kid from wherever they stashed her."

 

G-Dragon thought about it. "Drug-related deaths, kidnapping... Since we're already doing this, why don't we go the extra mile? Let's dismantle their operations entirely."

 

They might be thieves and conmen but there's a clear neon line that they still won't cross: messing with kids and murder. There's nothing that gives them worse reputation than those kinds of people.

 

Yoona turned to him and grinned. He might not have liked to help the couple at first but G-Dragon would definitely put his full weight on making sure this works.

 

 

TOP and Taeyang went in the questionable laundry shop, looking around. Most of the washing machines had an 'out of order' signs hanging and there were no customers in sight. 

 

"Definitely not a laundry shop," Taeyang murmured. Their working theory was that it was a front for the drug business ran by Mithra Jin and DJ Tukutz.

 

"Good afternoon! How can I help you?" the manager greeted them.

 

TOP silently leaned in the counter and raised an eyebrow while flipping a lighter with one hand.

 

Taeyang was next to him and removed the glasses he was wearing. "We're looking for Mithra Jin."

 

"T-there's no Mithra Jin here." The manager answered, getting intimidated. 

 

"Are you sure?" Taeyang asked. "I have business opportunity for him that he doesn't want to miss." 

 

The taller man whistled. "That batch of he's selling? Bad batch equals bad business. Call your boss. Tell him his new partners are here."

 

The manager wordlessly picked up the phone. shaking from fear. "Boss? There's someone looking for you."

 

 

"How'd you hear about our product mishap?" Mithra Jin asked, as they settled in his office. The smell of smoke and drugs are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter