Twenty

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"W-what?" V looked nervous as the team except Yoona shot suspicious looks at him. "N-no! There's just something funny with this page I'm looking at!"

 

He pointed at his computer but the others didn't believe him. TOP shook his head. "Nah, kid. Don't lie to a grifter. You at it."

 

Taeyang tilted his head thoughtfully. "But he's not a thief. He's a hacker. He couldn't have stolen the sword."

 

"T-two years ago I was in juvie!" V defended himself. TOP, GD and Irene still looked dubious.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes and swatted V's arm lightly. "You had to snicker, huh? We were about to get away with it!"

 

As soon as V lied, Yoona knew they would be busted. The kid could hack the White House but could never act to save his life. V rubbed his arm where Yoona hit him. "Sorry, noona."

 

"You're in on it, unnie? B-but you were in the FBI two years ago!" Irene pointed out.

 

"We didn't exactly steal the sword. We just kept it safe." She sighed. "I'm sorry, okay? I was about to tell you all earlier but then the three of you started claiming that you stole the sword. So we just let you argue."

 

V had a teasing grin. "It was entertaining." 

 

TOP threw a piece of chip at him and V was able to avoid it.

 

GD was silent but he was inwardly amused by this revelation. "Who knew? All of us were in the same place two years ago trying to steal the same thing. Shame we didn't see each other back then, Agent Im."

 

Yoona fluttered her eyelashes at him. "But you said it yourself, Mr. Kwon, our meetcute was perfect. Me putting cuffs on you in an FBI holding cell."

 

He let out a chuckle. "Ahh, fun memories."

 

"If you're done reminiscing, my wife--"

 

"Estranged wife." Irene corrected.

 

Taeyang glared at her. "--my estranged wife, is still missing."

 

The former FBI agent cleared . "Sorry. So two years ago... Yul and I just graduated Quantico. We were the rookies. No one wanted us near any real cases. Our first catch was actually V here two months prior."

 

T H E  H E I R E S S

 

"Director Kim! Trust us on this! We can actually do this!" Yuri kept pace with the rushing Director Kim Jaejoong. Yoona just behind her. "Give us a case and let us prove ourselves!"

 

"Look, Agent Kwon, here in the field, there's a pecking order. Rookies come last. And right now, all cases are taken. I'm sorry."  Jaejoong closed his office door on their faces.

 

Yuri let out a scream while covering . How can they actually do some good in the world when all they are allowed to do is get the veterans coffee at the Starbucks across the street?

 

Yoona gave her an assuring tap on the back. "Sorry it's not working out as you expected, Yul."

 

"No, I should be the one apologizing. I dragged you into this."

 

That was true. Yoona isn't actually the rule-following type."No worries, we'll get there. In the meantime, let's steal something. How about Agent Shim Chang-min's stapler? Let's steal that!"

 

And then Director Kim's door flew open, he peeked outside and beckoned the two of them to come in.

 

The two rookies looked at each other, surprised at the sudden turn of events. They smiled and then hurriedly followed the director in his office.

 

"Something came up." Jaejoong said, opening a case folder and reading its content. "A friend of the States is needing assistance in Japan."

 

"J-japan?" Yoona stuttered. They're being sent out of the country? That's even worse than being errand girls.

 

"Yes, an important artifact recently resurfaced after being lost for decades. The reports say that the black market has already hundreds of listings asking criminals to steal it. We need it protected. I'm sending the two of you. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter