Eight

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay, okay! ENOUGH!" Atty. Jo Jung Suk shouted and then forced a smile on his face. "Sorry, forgive me for raising my voice. We've been in this meeting for half an hour now and the two of you haven't even decided on who will represent who."

 

Jo Jung Suk and Park Ji-yeon are a married couple who also work together as lawyers. They specialize in handling divorce cases. However, never in their years of practicing law have they encountered a husband and wife so ridiculous. These new clients of theirs argue so much about everything. How the husband's necktie is crooked or the wife not wearing the earrings she forced him to buy her. They've been bickering about who they want to represent them in the divorce proceedings but even that they can't seem to agree on.

 

"What my husband is saying is perhaps you need more time to talk about this." Atty. Ji-yeon explained.

 

Yoona straightened her posture. "We don't have that luxury."

 

GD nodded. "Yes, I'm getting married to my girlfriend next month. We need to get started in this divorce."

 

"Well, that's the first time you two agreed on one thing," Atty. Jung Suk muttered.

 

Behind the clients, Irene mouthed a sorry to the lawyers. V made a gesture about the two yapping and yapping and that he and Irene would rather kill themselves than to work for the two much longer

 

Ji-yeon tried to hide a laugh. " How about my partner and I go and have some extended coffee break while the two of you decide on your own on who will represent you? We'll be back soon. You can use this room while you talk."

 

The two left the room, just happy to be able to breathe silently without the crazy couple arguing.

 

"Those two are the worst! Why did they even got married in the first place?" Ji-yeon asked as they closed the door.

 

"Who knows? We should do that case fast. I don't want to deal with them anymore than I have to."

 

 

When  their footsteps finally faded, the team wasted no time. V monitored the security cams from his phone and handed it to Yoona. Irene quickly removed her shirt and pants revealing the skintight catsuit she was wearing. 

 

"Boost me up!" Irene said as she grabbed a flashlight and a smaller bag. 

 

GD and Yoona both got down on one knee and held out their hands. Together, they pushed Irene to the ceiling where she quickly and silently removed the metal air vent grille and got inside it. 

 

"We'll be watching the security cams, Irene. Be careful." Yoona said through the comms.

 

"Don't worry, unni. I'm so tiny these air ducts are still wide enough for me." Irene started crawling through the ducts, the path towards the file room completely memorized.

 

"Kid, you're turn to go." GD nodded at V and clipped the ID they lifted from one of the employees earlier.

 

"Yeah, I can do this." V psyched himself up. He was a genius at computers but the field work of the job is something he's not very familiar with. The grifting and the thieving part? He still needs to work on them.

 

"Just calm down and act natural, kid." TOP said from the comms. He and Taeyang were getting ready for the money exchange with Mithra Jin for later in the Zutter HQ. "Don't look down because that would raise more suspicion. Just walk outside and pretend you walk through the hallways everyday. You'll do great."

 

V exhaled one more time and then went outside. Nothing like an advice from a master grifter.

 

While Irene was on her way to the file room where they'll be getting the physical copy of the case file, V's destination was the law office's server room.

 

"I'm here. Just finding the right file cabinet now.." Irene updated them.

 

"Me too. I'm in the server room." V connected his laptop to one of the servers. "Okay, I got the file."

 

GD and Yoona exchanged a smirk. They relaxed into their chairs as they wait for the two to come back. They should be there before the two lawyers are back from their coffee break.

 

"I know we're playing the crazy about-to-get-divorced couple but don't you think those two lawyers are weirder, Ms. Im?" G-Dragon asked.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes. "Totally. I mean what sane couple would even work together? Much less in the same office room? Cuckoo!"

 

 

Mithra Jin was waiting for TOP and Taeyang in the ground floor of an abandoned, half-constructed building. He was holding a duffel bag which has money worth $300k in exchange for the dope he will buy from them.

 

The sample of they gave them yesterday was exquisite and something he definitely was interested in purchasing. They arranged to meet up today for the exchange.

 

"You came alone?"   Taeyang dropped their own duffel bag. TOP was looking around for signs of trouble.

 

Mithra Jin nodded. "A sign of good faith for a long-lasting partnership. $300,000 as promised."

 

TOP came forward and received the bag. 

 

"FBI! HANDS IN THE AIR!" Suddenly, they were surrounded by an FBI SWAT Team from all directions. "NOBODY MOVE!"

 

"You snitch!" TOP accused Mithra Jin immediately before he can even think it was a set-up. "We haven't been caught but suddenly, we make a deal with you and the FBI's here?"

 

"ON THE FLOOR!" The three criminals raised their hands and were on their knees.

 

Some of the SWAT team were already putting handcuffs on them.

 

"Well, Agent Scully, what do we have here?" V walked towards them as the armed men helped them stand up. He was chewing gum like the cool agent he pretends to be. He got the tip from Yoona that it will help prevent detection of lying.

 

"Looks like we stumbled upon a drug buy." Irene played along. They were both wearing FBI jackets, the whole get-up.. They flashed their badges at the same time. "I'm Agent Mulder and this is Agent Scully."

 

Taeyang tried his best not to roll his eyes at the use of the X-Files main characters.

 

"We got an anonymous tip to be here today. Said that the suspect for the drug-related deaths would be here." V said, taking Mithra Jin by the arm. "Get inside and we'll talk."

 

The two 'agents' sauntered back to the abandoned building as TOP and Taeyang were being uncuffed. The 'SWAT' team removed their protective head gears revealing them to be the twelve boys TOP left Zutter to.

 

"This was fun, hyung!" Jaehyuk said excitedly. "We never get to go out and have fun like this!"

 

A timid Yoshinori approached Taeyang. "Hyung, we found where Haru is." He gave the hitter a piece of paper. 

 

"TOP?"

 

"Yeah, yeah. I'll clean up here with the boys. Don't worry." TOP waved him off, not even bothering with a good luck. Because the truth was, the men Taeyang will encounter will be the ones needing luck.

 

"Is this real money, hyung?" Doyoung's eyes widened at the sight of $300,000 cash inside of the bag. "What about the dope?"

 

"Money's real. Dope's just facial powder." TOP ruffled younger boy's hair rather roughly. "Don't think I'll let you guys near those stuff."

 

 

There was a look in Taeyang's eyes that no one from his team has seen before. It was a look of a man who has no qualms in killing, no holds barred in fighting. 

 

He parked the car just in front of a shabby looking house. "I'm here. Any instructions before I come in?"

 

Yoona and GD looked at each other. Taeyang had showed restraint for these past few days. Obviously, for the man, messing with children is a big no no. 

 

"Taeyang-ah," GD called out to him. "Go nuts."

 

He smirked at that. He's been trying to bury his urges for a while now. WIth no limits, he will indeed go nuts. "Ya anklebiter," He called out on the comms again.

 

"Ne oppa?" Irene answered silently, looking at the rearview mirror as V drove them and a handcuffed Mithra Jin back to the Zutter HQ.

 

"Shame you're not here to see me kick ."

 

Irene laughed. "Guess you'll just have to show me some other time."

 

He grabbed a discarded box of pizza and rang the door bell. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter