Eleven

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Museum of Modern Art in New York is all lit up tonight. A number of important people and museum donors had gathered for a sneak peek of the newest  exhibit, the Elite Jewel collection, before it was released to the public tomorrow. 

 

All guests were dressed in their best evening wear. Including a Professor Im who was wearing a midnight blue silk gown and a Mr. Choi, the Texas oilsman wearing a very cowboy outfit. In attendance as well was the rich business man Jeong Jin-yeong and his wife, Lee Mi-suk. 

 

The night started out smoothly. Everyone was mingling with one another. The director of the museum gave out a speech and mentioned that this is the first time the Hope Diamond was let out of the Smithsonian Museum. A historical moment for the MOMA. 

 

A few minutes into the speech, the lights flickered and the sound of the electricity getting powered down echoed through the hall. 

 

There were lots of gasps and murmurs as soon as the lights went off. 

 

"Everyone, it's just a bit of a technical issue. The generator will kick in just a minute." The director shouted over  the commotion. 

 

True enough, electricity came back in under a minute. Everyone laughed off the oddity of the blackout.  The security of course did their due diligence and checked the displays of the gems where they found nothing out of the ordinary..

 

"We have the jewels." GD announced through their comms. 

 

There was a ghost of a smile from one of the security men. Two waiters passed by each other and exchanged a subtle low five. The Professor raised her glass of champaigne meeting the Texas oilsman's stare from across the room who raised his glass as well.

 

The plan was simple really. With Yoona and TOP's fake identities, they were able to obtain information about the museum's ins and outs. A few days ago, Yoona as Professor Im, was invited with some legitimate gemologists to be a part of the exhibit's designing. They were given inside knowledge of what kind of security was used to protect the jewels from theft. Thankfully, they found out that the security measures can easily be disarmed by V.

 

TOP met with the director of the museum in the director's office where he inserted a drive on the computer allowing V to have access to all security cameras, floor plan and other details pertaining to the exhibit. 

 

G-Dragon masterminded the whole thing. His part? He messed with the wirings in the museum's electrical box causing a delayed 3-minute disturbance and distraction so that he and Irene could quickly grab their goods and replace it with the fake. 

 

Taeyang had himself assigned to the displays of their three jewel targets so that he could ensure no one would catch the two while they were stealing the gems.

 

As soon as the lights went off, V pushed one button from his phone that short  circuited the motion plate detector that was installed in each displays. GD and Irene went to work, working in pitch black darkness both wearing night vision glasses as they quickly but with careful precision did their part of the heists.

 

When the power generator kicked in, they were already out of sight. Completing the heist.

 

"Now we just have the issue of leaving the museum with the gems. We can't go through the main exit as it will cause their alarms to go off." GD presented to the team a few days before.

 

"Can't the kid hack it?" Taeyang asked. 

 

V made an 'X' hand gesture. "I already have control of all the security cams but their alarms from that are the only ones unhackable." 

 

"Through the waiters' exit?" TOP suggested.

 

"It won't work, they're making them go through the main exit too." GD informed them. 

 

They were huddled around the room, all staring at the floor plan they have obtained. It was marked with different flags that were labeled differently-- security, cam, closed, etc. The team did their homework well and cased the place in every corner. 

 

"We have two options--" Yoona spoke up after they studying the map again. "The garbage shoot which leads to the back of the museum.. Or the roof." 

 

"Garbage shoot is tricky. There are a lot of homeless people squatting there at the alley where the shoot leads to. Witnesses." Taeyang argued. They can't be caught leaving the museum through the garbage disposal. That would be very suspicious. 

 

Irene's eyes lit up." GD oppa, looks like we're exiting it in my favorite way. "

 

Everything was supposed to go without a hitch from there. Now they just had to exit the place. TOP already had buyers lined up for the jewels so in no time, they would be multimillionaires. 

 

But then Irene had to stab someone. 

 

The man screamed, catching the attention of the security. He was escorted to another room as they wait for an ambulance to take him to the hospital. The fork was still buried in his left hand.

 

Irene, who was posing as a server in the event, was apprehended by the security, put in handcuffs and was locked in a broom closet while they are calling the police to pick her up. 

 

"Damn it, anklebiter!" Taeyang cursed. 

 

"That sleazy man grabbed my ! When I asked him to apologize, he just laughed at my face!" Irene angrily told them while she picked the lock of the cuff.  "My only regret was that I didn't grab a knife and stabbed him down there!" 

 

The team didn't say anything to that. Hell if TOP was beside that man, he would've 'accidentally' spill his wine all over that guy. Or Taeyang who would give him a quick jab on the stomach. A quick move but the pain would last the man weeks. GD would bump into him, lift his wallet and  drain all his bank accounts. V would get the man's digital footprint and expose his darkest secrets on the internet. Actually? V might do that later when they get out of here alive and free. Yoona? Yoona would probably do what Irene did.

 

"What's done is done." GD concluded, he was already on his way to the rooftop. "We just need a new exit strategy and prevent Irene's arrest. TOP, I need you to distract the security. Delay them calling the cops." 

 

"On it." TOP made his way to the open bar and grabbed a bottle of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter