Five

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The team gathered that same night in the ghastly-looking motel room. All of them were standing around the room except for V who was hunched down with his laptop on his lap, pointedly avoiding the bed in case they encounter bedbugs. They are all collectively looking at the Renoir replica TOP made.

 

Taeyang did a double take before speaking, "Maybe the art expert won't notice it's fake. I mean, it looks real to me."

 

TOP rolled his eyes. "Taeyang, you're great and all but I doubt you are well-versed in classic paintings. I did my best but I'd say there's a 50-50 chance we get busted."

 

"Oppa, you can forge us fake identities, right? Let's just leave the country right now! We still have time." Irene suggested. 

 

Rain has some shady connections that can surely get rid of them if this goes wrong. High scores, high risks.

 

Yoona became very annoyed at how the team was taking the problem.  "Calm down, guys. It's going to be okay. We just have to go to Plan G."

 

"There's a plan G?" V asked, looking up. "How many plans are there? Is there a plan M?"

 

G-Dragon pushed himself off the wall and started walking towards Yoona. "The nosy kid named V dies in plan M. Yoona, we need to talk."

 

When the two leaders were out of the door, V laughed nervously. "Whaaaaaat? He's joking, right?" He paused. "Yeah, he's joking. Noona won't let him kill me..........Right?"

 

Irene laughed.

 

Taeyang only stared back at him. TOP shrugged.

 

 

Taeyang stood behind G-Dragon, his arms crossed in front of him. There were many boxes behind them, props for the different merchandise they supposedly are selling.

 

G-Dragon was dressed immaculately as usual. Even if he's playing the role of an illegal tradesman, he still makes it look so damn fine. He has his sunglasses tucked on his coat pocket, patiently waiting for the marks.

 

Rain reached out to TOP that morning asking if he can accompany him to the meet-up. Yoona stays behind though as she will be running the show behind the scenes. They just made some excuse that Yoona is to spend the night with her book club bragging about her newly acquired antique vase.

 

Rain and Tae-hee walked hand in hand, a briefcase on Rain's other hand. Behind them was TOP and Rain's art expert, Yoo Jae Suk. 

 

Last night...

 

"Got Rain's phone records." V announced to the rest. "He contacted someone named Yoo Jae Suk."

 

"That his expert?"

 

V nodded, showing the rest what he found. "Yoo Jae Suk is the real deal, guys. He consults for the biggest museums here in the US and in Europe. He has a PHD in Art History. I doubt we can fool this guy."

 

"Maybe we don't need to."

 

"Gentlemen, the beautiful lady," GD greeted. "Where's the missus, Mr. Cha?"

 

TOP smirked. "Extra tired from expressing her gratitude for the vase last night."

 

Yoona sighed, leaning back on her seat inside their black van. "Really? There could be a hundred reasons and you chose that one?"

 

GD had to stop himself from glaring at the man. He simply tilted his head slightly, "Well, shall we start?"

 

"Mr. G, this is Yoo Jae Suk. He'll be authenticating the Renoir." 

 

G-Dragon raised a hand and Taeyang pulled out the Renoir painting from one of the boxes. He gently laid it on the desk. "Go right ahead, Jae Suk-ssi."

 

Yoo Jae Suk took out his tools and proceeded to examine the Renoir. He was also wearing gloves, careful to check every inch of the painting and its golden frame. "Astonishing!" He marveled.

 

"What is it? Is it real? Tell me it is!" Tae-hee anxiously inquired.

 

Jae Suk looked back at the couple who hired him. He nodded again and again. "This is it!"

 

TOP who was behind them exhaled. 

 

GD and Taeyang exchanged a grin. "Rain-ssi, Tae-hee-ssi, guess I held up my end. Do you have the payment?"

 

Tae-hee grabbed the briefcase from her husband and handed it over to GD. She also offered her hand to Jae Suk to receive the Renoir. GD opened the briefcase and there in front of them was $600,000 cash.

 

"Tae-hee-ssi, careful!" Jae Suk warned. "The painting is over a century old."

 

She let out a satisfied sigh upon holding it. "I don't really know why you are so expensive but wait til the other wives see this."

 

"Would you like to put it back in its secure box?" GD asked as Taeyang offered the box to them. 

 

Tae-hee nodded and then handed it back to Taeyang. She energetically hugged her husband, thanking him over and over again.

 

"Okay, okay. Let's go back now."

 

Jae Suk held the box for them as they walked out of the motel room.

 

"They're walking out now." GD said to the team.

 

Once they reached their car, Jae Suk put in the back seat while he waits for the rest.

 

"You are $600,000 short, Rain." TOP said, tapping the man on his shoulder.

 

"But I have a very happy wife now. You know what they say, happy wife, happy life."

 

TOP laughed as they did a man hug. "Truer words have never been said. What about a celebratory drink? There's a bar right beside this crappy motel."

 

"Ooh, I'd love a drink." Tae-hee commented. "Come on, Jae Suk-ssi! A drink for a job well done."

 

"I think I'll just stay here and guard the Renoir." Jae Suk politely declined.

 

Rain shrugged. "Your choice, man. We'll be back soon."

 

As they walk over to the bar, a woman

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter