Four

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Palmer Vineyards, The Hamptons

Tae-hee was nursing a glass of wine, checking her watch for the fourth time in the last ten minutes. She silently cursed her husband who brought her here to celebrate their upcoming wedding anniversary only to be ditched by him for business meetings. 

 

Her thoughts was interrupted when a couple went through the door of the wine bar. They were laughing together, the woman's heels were on her hands. The man looked disheveled, his hair all over the place and two of the buttons of his shirt was missing. 

 

The man put his hands on her hips and pushed hair away from her face. "I'm going to go up our room and change my shirt. You just tore off a new Chanel shirt, you little minx." 

 

The woman purred as she caressed his face. "Hmm, that's what you get for pulling me in one of those bushes, Mr. Cha."

 

"Can't help it if you look so ravishing in that dress, Mrs. Cha." He smirked. "I'll be back. Order me a glass?" 

 

Tae-hee looked away when the man passed by her. The woman joined her in the bar just one seat apart. She cleared . "Their 1990 Cabernet is a must-try." 

 

The woman looked up to her, surprised that she was being talked to. "Oh, thank you! Wine is more my husband's thing than mine." She waved over the bartender. "Two glasses of the 1990 Cabernet, please." 

 

Tae-hee looked at her from head to toe. The woman had disregarded her footwear on the bottom of the barseat. She was wearing a white summer dress. She didn't miss the sparkling necklace on the woman's neck. If Tae-hee is an expert on something, it would be expensive .

 

"Sorry, weren't you on that winery tour with us yesterday? With your husband?" Yoona asked. Tae-hee nodded slightly. "Oh hi again! My name's Jeong-Seo, Han Jeong-Seo. That was my husband who just left, he's Cha Song-joo."  They were using different names for this job.

 

"Stairway to Heaven?" Taeyang asked from the comms. They were listening in on her from the van. 

 

"What's that?" Irene asked.

 

GD patted her head. "Oh you poor anklebiter. Only one of the classic dramas back in Korea."

 

Tae-hee shook hands with her, minding the golden wedding ring on her ring finger. "Kim Tae-hee. Here for an occassion?" 

 

Yoona smiled shyly. "That obvious, huh? It's our wedding anniversary." 

 

"First?" 

 

"Oh no," she gestured no with her hands. "Fifth actually."

 

Tae-hee's eyebrows raised at that. It's already their fifth anniversary yet they're still that sweet? It makes her and Rain feel like strangers! "Oh. Congratulations." 

 

"Thank you! We're here for his business actually. My husband owns a glass-making company. For wine." Yoona explained.

 

The other woman could relate. What is it with men bringing their wives to business trips during anniversaries?

 

"But wife to wife, Tae-hee-ssi, I think he has a surprise gift for me." Yoona whispered and then giggled. "I've been hinting at the gift I want for so long. I'm not sure if he'll give it to me."

 

The older woman sipped from her glass of wine. "Why if you can ruin a Chanel shirt for some afternoon hanky panky, he should be able to give you a gift, right?" 

 

Yoona giggled sweetly and covered her face. "Omo, you heard that? So embarrassing, omo."

 

Tae-hee waved her off, indicating that it was okay. 

 

"Money isn't the issue. See, unni, can I call you unni?" Yoona made a point to look around to see if anyone else was listening. "The thing I want... Isn't the easiest thing to find. I'm a collector of rare Asian vases." 

 

"Ahh.." 

 

Yoona shook off the thought. "It's just a hunch. I heard him talking to our.. rare finds contact and I think he's here too. Omo, unni, let's have dinner together with our husbands!"

 

Tae-hee smiled fakely, the woman was just too bubbly for her liking. Or maybe she's just envious of this woman's seemingly happy marriage. "I don't know..."

 

"If my hunch is right, you can meet our contact too! Maybe even find something for your husband to buy for you."

 

"I'm sorry, Jeong-Seo-ssi. Garage sales aren't really my thing." Tae-hee stood up to leave.

 

V was panicking. "GD hyung, the mark's not buying it. She's about to walk away."

 

G-Dragon calmly stood behind him, his arms crossed. "Wait for it..."

 

"Oh. That's a shame. The other wives at my book club has always envied my collection of rare antiques. I guess not all husbands can make time for their wives." Yoona shrugged, turning back to the bar.

 

Slowly, Tae-hee turned around and plastered a fake smile on her face. "What time are we meeting for dinner?"

 

Irene and Taeyang high-fived each other while V pumped a fist up in the air. 

 

"Yoona hit all Tae-hee's spots--her pride and desire to be the envy of her friends and a dig at her husband's treatment of their vacation." GD smirked and clapped his hands together. "All right, we need to set up for tonight. Let's move!"

 

"Pull your sleeves halfway." Yoona suggested and started putting on her lipstick. "Makes you look more of a rich jerk."

 

TOP was wearing a printed long-sleev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter