Ten

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene and V were casually observing the constant wave of people walking around in the Museum of Modern Art in New York. There were staff giving out flyers for the opening of the much-anticipated Elite Jewels which was happening in four days. The Elite Jewels exhibition is a limited one that will feature the world's most sought-after pieces of jewelries including the Hope Diamond. Most of these jewelries have never been out of their museums before so this would be the first time.

 

"We have the exit strategies, the number of security in each corners of the place, and memorized every hallway in this place." Irene ticked off their checklist and pocketed her little notebook. "Now we move on to your challenge, V. Time to apply everything you've learned so far."

 

"Pickpocketing is the bread and butter of every thief." Irene explained. "Before you learn to steal a painting, you first learn about stealing a wallet without your mark noticing."

 

This was the crew's Pickpocketing 101 session before Irene and V left for the museum.

 

"It isn't all about stealth or skill. You are also running a con on the mark. Diversion will be your biggest ally." TOP spoke while V listened intently. "The human mind can only focus at one thing at a time and its attention is easily diverted."

 

"Blend in. Walk briskly but never run unless absolutely necessary." Taeyang added. 

 

"Ready?" Irene asked.

 

"Not really," V muttered. "But I guess I don't have much choice."

 

"OK!" Irene clapped her hands together. "See that man in the brown jacket? The one behind the girl? He's been taking photos of her without her knowing. Get his wallet."

 

The Coin Trick

"This one's pretty easy. You can do it without a partner. Just drop some change and wait." TOP instructed.

 

V started walking towards the man in the brown jacket. He fished a coin in his pocket, casually tossing it up and down and then it finally landed on the floor just near the man. 

 

He looked away from the scene as the looked around to see if someone owns the coin. When he didn't see anyone looking for it, he bent down to pick it up.

 

V slid near him and with two fingers, lifted the wallet from his back pocket. He swiftly put in his pocket and walked away.

 

"Good one." Irene praised. "That guy didn't  even noticed a thing."

 

The Oops!

Taeyang tsked. "This one can be messy, literally. You'll some kind of beverage or a hotdog or something, you bump into the mark and spill it on them. While you're helping them, you also nick whatever thing you want to steal."

 

Irene handed him a cup of coffee once he got back to their corner. "That woman, see? She just shouted at the museum guide for making her go at this same exhibit twice. What a Karen."

 

"She's wearing a skirt. That woman has no pockets!"

 

"Yup!" Irene popped her 'p'. "Steal her bracelet and her watch."

 

And so he did. He walked over to the woman who was probably around her 30s. He casually bumped into her spilling the coffee all over her blouse. 

 

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry." V gasped and apologized, taking out a handkerchief. 

 

The woman was shocked and started becoming red in the face but then she saw V's handsome features and his apologetic face and she calmed down. "Oh no, no. It's okay. I'm so clumsy! It's my fault."

 

V smiled at her, handing her his handkerchief. "Sorry, sorry again." He held both her wrists and bowed in apology before walking away.

 

He grinned widely at Irene, revealing the watch and the bracelet he successfully stole.

 

"Nice!" Irene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter