Nine

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene was getting impatient. She doesn't even remember why she agreed to do this. She isn't a teacher! Much less to a student as annoying as Kim Taehyung.

 

"Ya! You said one last game. That was twenty minutes ago. Are we doing this or what?"


V didn't even look at her. He was so focused on this MMORPG game he has been playing for two hours now. Irene had been tasked by GD to teach V how to lift goods from a person's pocket. Just basic thief stuff.  According to their leader, it would be better if all of them knows how to do at least the basic of the other's specialties. "Okay, okay. Almost done."

 

GD rolled his eyes at the two. Irene was waiting for him to do something. He lazily moved to where V was playing and yanked his phone out of his hands.

 

"Ya! I was still playing!"

 

"Kid, we're days away from the main job. You need to learn how to lift things from people without them noticing it." GD reprimanded, turning off V's phone.

 

V huffed like a kid. "I'd like to see you guys hack a security system like I do."

 

TOP slammed his book close and raised an eyebrow. "What did you just say, you punk?"

 

The younger man had the decency to look abashed. "Nothing, hyung."

 

TOP gestured for GD to toss him V's phone which GD did. TOP is the best person to deal with the younger ones. The Zutter boys was evidence of that.

 

The leader walked away from them shaking his head. "I need a smoke." GD muttered.

 

The master grifter grabbed one of the boxes on his table. He put V's phone in it and put a padlock on it. He approached Irene and gave her the key. "You won't get your phone until you manage to lift the key from Irene. Until then, learn to be a thief."

 

V glared at him childishly and crossed his arms, sulking.

 

 

On a makeshift ring on one side of their warehouse, Yoona and Taeyang were sparring with each other.

 

"Haven't seen your FBI friends for days," Taeyang observed as he blocked another one of Yoona's well-aimed punches.

 

Yoona smiled as she continued to go on offense. "They're currently in Cali." She tried to surprise him with a kick but he blocked it as well. "Managed to elude them by hiring this girl. Who. Looks. Like. Me." Each word was followed by a punch, still failing to land one. "A girl I know named Krystal."

 

"Nice." Taeyang commented. He switched from defense to offense. The one thing Yoona has over him was her agility. She managed to swiftly avoid his attacks.

 

Finally, she took a step back and started pulling multiple kicks on his right leg until he finally bends on his knees. Yoona wrapped her legs around his head and put him on a leg headlock. 

 

He was breathing heavily, not believing he got defeated, tapping one of his hands in surrender. Yoona wins this round.

 

G-Dragon observes them from the sidelines and cleared his throat. He has a pissed off expression on his face as he glared at Taeyang. He raised one hand and showed the cream-colored envelope with Yoona's name written in beautiful  calligraphy. "Ms. Im, you've got mail."

 

Yoona finally lets go of Taeyang. Taeyang exits the ring and grabbed his water bottle. He drinked it as he passed by GD who was waiting for Yoona to get her letter.

 

"Wish you were me back there huh?" Taeyang was talking about he and Yoona's position just a minute ago with him between Yoona's legs. He laughed at the leader's grim expression, shaking his head.

 

"That's right, Dong Young Bae. Walk away now." GD growled. Taeyang's laugh only got louder. As if G-Dragon could take him in a fight.

 

Yoona wipes her sweat with her face towel and walked towards GD grabbing the letter. Upon seeing its content, she groaned. 

 

"Who's it from? Who even sends letters nowadays?" GD asked, hopping on the side of the ring.

 

"It's from the devil herself."

 

 

"Please... Pretty, pretty please." Yoona blinked a few times, tryin her best to look the cutest. 

 

TOP ignored her, still wearing his welding mask as he uses their newest 'purchase' fresh from a gem laboratory in Seattle. A oxyhydrogen blowtorch. It was a big contraption, like an oven that reaches up to 2000 degrees Celsius. 

 

"Yoona, you and GD are the ones who assigned me to forge these things." He said, finally removing his mask and gloves. "I need to monitor this 24/7. I can't go on a trip with you. And no one else on the team can do this."

 

Yoona kicked an empty gallon container. "Damn it! I told her I have a fiance and if I show up without one, it'll launch a whole new lecture."

 

"Then just ignore the invitation. Don't go. We're busy here anyway."

 

She scoffed. "You don't know the devil. One doesn't simply ignore her invitations. Trust me, I tried once. Traveling to Vermont in the trunk of a car blindfolded was not the roadtrip I want to remember."

 

TOP looked at her questioningly but she waved him off. A story for another time.

 

"Everything going well with our stones?" GD asked, handing a glass of whiskey to TOP.

 

"Uh-huh. Another 12 hours and we'll have the whole set." TOP then tapped Yoona's shoulder.  "Hey, why don't you bring GD?"

 

"Mwuh?! No thanks!" Yoona very quickly reacted.

 

"Bring me to what?"

 

"She needs a fake fiance to go with her to Vermont." TOP briefly explained.

 

GD put both hands in his pocket and shrugged. "I mean, yeah. I can go do that."

 

"I want to pretend to be in a loving engagement, not one about to crumble."

 

"We're going on a trip?" V asked as he, Taeyang and Irene approached the trio. As he asked this, he tried to get the key to his phone from Irene's made-up necklace but she felt his hands immediately. 

 

"Nope," Irene swatted his hands away. "Try to be more stealthy next time."

 

"She got you there, kid," Taeyang muttered to him.

 

"So what should I pack? West Coast clothes?" Irene asked the leaders.

 

"You three are staying here." Yoona pointed at the newcomers. "Taeyang, TOP needs help with the stones. I want the two of you to recon the musem."

 

"Aren't the masterminds usually on the recon part of the job?" V inquired.

 

"We're teaching you new skills, right?" Yoona answered. "Memorize the hallways, count the security, plot exit strategies. I have to go to Vermont for a day but I'll be back soon."

 

"Oh come on! Put some trust in your partner, Ms. Im." GD teased. "Let me go with you. I can be a good grifter."

 

"Yeah, you'd think that." Yoona started massaging the bridge of her nose. "The devil's not easily fooled. Grifting is first nature to her."

 

 

"Are you ready?" Yoona asked, as they drive in to the longest driveway G-Dragon has ever seen. 

 

"Uh yeah," GD looked at the window and saw a big mansion, greek style. "I mean, it's going to take us another day to get in the actual front door, right?"

 

Yoona laughed. The two-mile driveway from the gates to the actual house can be intimidating. Not to mention it's followed by a half-mile stairway to the front door. House doesn't even do it justice. It's a ing mansion. It looks like something that one can only dream of.

 

Twenty minutes later, they finally reached the front door. Yoona rang the door bell.

 

G-Dragon fixed his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter