Three

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I know that all of us are used to working alone." G-Dragon started, pacing in front of the team. "So before we do the job, I want us to do a little practice run. Just to get familiar with each other's roles. Feel the whole team out."

 

All of them were listening intently. TOP was sitting very elegantly by himself. Irene and Yoona were sitting together. Taeyang was sitting at the armrest of the couch while V was behind his laptop that was connected to the makeshift projector screen they had set up in the old warehouse they are currently using as hideout.

 

"Our test run would be a simple con. The Murphy Game." G-Dragon grinned.

 

TOP huffed. "Really? Of all the cons, you're starting us out with the most basic?"

 

The leader snapped his fingers at the forger's direction. "Yes. Nothing like the basics, my dear friends. There's a twist, however. We're doing it with high stakes."

 

"How high?" Irene asked.

 

"$200,000 high or more." Yoona answered, standing up to join G-Dragon in front. "We're doing the Murphy Game with the Paysage Bords de Seine. It's also known as 'Landscape on the Banks of the Seine which is an 1879 oil painting by Pierre-Auguste Renoir. It went missing in a Maryland museum in 1951."

 

Paysage Bords de Seine

 

"A stolen painting." Taeyang added. "Hasn't it resurfaced in 2010?"

 

"Unverified." TOP answered. "But ever since then, the interest for this stolen Renoir has been up. Especially for the rich demographic. Once a painting goes missing, you can never really be sure that what will surface is the real thing."

 

"We're selling this to Jung Ji-hoon and Kim Tae-hee." G-Dragon announced. He nodded to V. "Kid, you want to tell us what you found about our marks?"

 

G-Dragon and Yoona both took a seat as V moved next to the projector.  V played his presentation, a photo of Ji-hoon appeared. "Jung Ji-hoon and Kim Tae-hee. Married since 2017. You may know Ji-hoon better as Rain. He made his fortune by selling bottled water, Six to Five. Who knew water could be a profitable business?"

 

Taeyang nodded. "You sell what is supposed to be free resources to people? That's just a giant scam."

 

He clicked on the remote and the slide showed a photo of Kim Tae-hee. "Tae-hee is a rich socialite who hasn't worked a day in her life. She spends his husband's money in buying art. I didn't see any art background so she probably buys it for the status that comes with expensive things. Together.. the two are worth 36 million dollars. The way they run their company isn't as clear as the water he's selling. His workers are all contractual." 

 

TOP growled. "Greedy bastards. With the money he's making, the least he could do is give his workers benefit."

 

"I agree, hyung!" V readily nodded. "He also isn't allowing unions to form. Work them 12 hours a day without overtime pay."

 

Irene scrunched her nose, she isn't liking this Rain more and more. "Looks like this couple would deserve what's coming."

 

"Indeed, Irene-ah!" V grinned at her.

 

"Ya! I'm older than you!"

 

V didn't look a bit scared. "Only by a couple of years--"

 

"Kids. Please behave." G-Dragon interrupted before the two started fighting. Yoona covered to hide a smile,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter