Seventeen

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the crew were oblivious to the news that V received. He just got off stage so he wasn't wearing his comms yet. 

 

TOP's phone rang and he answered it, the Zutter boys on the other line. TOP silently passed the phone to Yoona.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Noona, we have something. We were so busy listening in to those in high positions but then Asahi suggested something. The janitors. They come in and out of rooms almost unnoticed." Jaehyuk excitedly reported. "Now we didn't get anything specific but we did hear the maintenance crew talking about Junghoon being in debt in the streets. That he had to give up some supposed expensive guitar. They were making fun of him that he doesn't have the guitar he used before but he still--"

 

"--kept the case." Yoona continued after realizing it. She was there. She was about to touch it. It was staring in front of her the whole time she was in his office. That was why he was so quick to swat her hand away from even holding the case.

 

"Ne! We think it's his guitar case!" Yedam agreed with her. "But there's more! We were able to access his office computer and while we don't know for sure, we think he has a list of the businessmen that he brokers the trainees too. The thing is we can't get it from here in New York. Someone has to physically delete it in his office."

 

"Genius! You are all geniuses! Thanks boys! We got it from here." Yoona her comms. "Irene, we know where the tapes are. Get V! He needs get some files from Choi Junghoon's computer."

 

"Copy that." Irene replied. Finally. That should mean that in only a few hours, she's free from this hellhole. Every single trainee would be free.

 

She excused herself to the other girl group trainees and snuck in backstage. She was briskly walking until she saw V on the floor with Jungkook hugging him. He wasn't crying or anything. He was just staring at nothing.

 

"V? Everything okay?" 

 

Jungkook gave her a slight shake of the head.

 

"W-what--"

 

"What do you want?" V asked, his tone neutral. 

 

"N-nothing, I think I'll just--" While Irene didn't know the specifics, she guessed that it's something really bad. V was always their happy pill. Always running around annoying them with his sunshine aura and his nonstop chatter. But the V infront of her wasn't like that at all.

 

"What is it?" There was a sharpness in his tone that surprised Irene.

 

"We can end this now. We know where it is. Unnie wants you to  hack his computer." She answered straightforwardly. "I can ask the Zutter team if they can instruct me how to do it, you just stay--"

 

"No. I'll do it." He stood up, void of emotions, leaving Jungkook alone with a worried expression.

 

Irene gave him an assuring nod, "I'll look after him, don't worry," before following V to the CEO's office.

 

 

"This is the last performance." GD whispered to TOP and Yoona. "We need to distract Junghoon and give the two all the time they need."

 

Even before the last performance started, the trio got out of their seats and approached Junghoon who was watching from the sidelines.

 

"My man, Junghoon!" TOP greeted him with a pat on the back. "We liked what you did with the song! We want to expand our business here in South Korea. Perhaps you can help us make some introductions?"

 

He gestured to the many attendees of the showcase. 

 

GD smirked and added, "Of course, we don't expect you to do it for free. How about a 10% cut?"

 

That made Junghoon smile and nod. "Add in the muse?," referring to Yoona.

 

There was a low growl coming from GD but it was only audible to TOP and Yoona. He forced a smile. "It can be up for discussion." 

 

Deep inside though, he was already planning the man's demise. 

 

 

"Where's Junghoon?" TOP asked through the comms.

 

"What do you mean where's Junghoon?" GD spat. "Isn't he supposed to be wtih you?"

 

"He said he was going to go and see you!"

 

The three separated in different groups of people chatting them up and blending in with the crowd. Junghodiffon made good with his promise so they were introduced to different companies. Why Junghoon escaped them they have no idea.

 

"Oh Yoona, are these the men you were talking about? Come join us!" The man who spoke was the president of KBS, Yang Seung-dong. That stopped the two men on their tracks. One can't simply ignore the president of a broadcasting company can they?

 

"Uh.. yeah! This is G-Dragon and TOP. Amazing music producers." Seung-dong turned to shake their hands. "Taeyang, we might not be able to get out of this in time. You need to go get the kids."

 

"On it."

 

 

"What the HELL is happening here?" Junghoon indeed escaped the trio to bring a girl he met during the showcase to his office. He was planning to sleep with her there but was hella surprised when he saw Irene hanging back the guitar case while V was sitted in his desk, typing away on his computer.  "What are you-- OUT!"

 

"V?" Irene called out to the hacker.

 

"I'm almost done. I need three minutes at most."

 

"What do you think you're doing?!" The girl Junghoon was with silently exited the room, scared of what was happening. "Did you touch my guitar case?"

 

Irene had enough of this man. She fished the hard drive from her pocket and smugly showed it to him. "What do you think?" She smirked, very TOP-like.

 

It might have been a mistake though because Junghoon's eyes narrowed and he pulled out a gun from inside his suit. Irene's expression fell. 

 

"Guys, you need to talk to us." Yoona coaxed softly. They have no eyes whatsoever on what is unfolding and they can't help but worry about V and Irene.

 

"Put down the gun." Irene slowly says, raising both her hands up. "Unni? Oppas? He has a gun."

 

"Unni? Oppa? Who are you talking to?" Junghoon asked, he lowered the gun as he approached Irene but she was quick to kick his hand and the gun flew right out of his hand.

 

He looked pissed and he striked Irene with his hand.

 

V was already done with copying the list of Junghoon's clients and had already sent it to Korea's National Intelligence Service. He froze when he saw the CEO go to Irene and he kept his eyes on the gun when it landed just under the desk. 

 

Without thinking, he picked it up and pointed it right at Junghoon.

 

Irene was on the floor, holding her face where he slapped her. She felt it hot red and even saw blood from the cut. She backed away from him, a reflex she got from being abused by her stepfather. 

 

"A gun?! He has a gun?!" The panic on Yoona's voice was evident. 

 

Junghoon laughed, not feeling threatened by V. "Kim Taehyung is it? Look, kids like you shouldn't play with guns."

 

"TAEYANG! WHERE ARE YOU?" 

 

"I'm climbing the stairs as fast as I can. The elevators are full. I'm on my way."

 

V slides back the top of the gun, loading the bullet in. He was not kidding. At all. "You killed Sungjae!"

 

"Who? Oh, that trainee who had an unfortunate car accident? He's dead?" There a nonchalance in his voice that annoyed V more.

 

V's hand was shaking from anger. "You drove him to kill himself!"

 

"Look, kid, it's not my fault that boy put his nose in my private business!"

 

"Sungjae's dead?" Yoona breathlessly asked. Poor V. He is clearly not in his right mind right now and might do something he will regret. 

 

"Ms. Im, focus. Irene and V might not get out of this unscathed. We need to calm V down." GD slightly shook Yoona from her trance. She was filled with fear on what might happen to both Irene and V. Either they get gunned down by Junghoon or they might do something that will corrupt their beings. 

 

"Right.. Irene, I know this is scary. But I need you to listen to me. We're going to get you out of this, okay?" Yoona started giving instructions to Irene.

 

"He was doing the right thing! And you won't get away with it." V laughed wickedly. "The lists of your customers is already in the hands of the authorities. The tapes? Ours. But maybe death is the option for you right now."

 

He advanced quickly and in a few steps, Junghoon's forehead was touching the barrel of the gun. V grinned as Junghoon nervously stared at the gun pointed at him.

 

"Taehyung-ah?" Irene tried softly, standing up from the floor. "Hey, I'm sorry for Sungjae. But killing this jerk won't bring him back."

 

"I. Don't. Care. He deserves death!" V growled.

 

"Joohyunnie, softer. He isn't in the right state of mind. Logic won't work. Appeal to his feelings." Yoona suggested.

 

"I know he does. He killed Sungjae. He ed the trainees. But remember why we did this?" Irene took a few steps closer to him but V is not taking his eyes off Junghoon. "You asked us to help Jungkook and Sungjae. They didn't want to build their careers at the expense of other people. They chose the right path."

 

"And ended up in a car accident, because of HIM!" V's voice was trembling. "He killed my bestfriend."

 

"Irene, you can do it! Taeyang's almost there. We're on our way up too!" GD encouraged the girl as he, TOP and Yoona cut through the elevator line.

 

"Sungjae wouldn't want you to do this. Hey, V, look at me," Irene had her hands up and waited for V to glance at her before continuing. "Sungjae chose the right path. Don't let his sacrifice go to waste. Let this piece of garbage serve his sentence in prison. Please, Taehyung. Listen to me."

 

V's insistence on kill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter