Twenty-Nine

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I asked you! Where's my team?" Yoona repeats her question when the two detectives only stared at her.

 

It took a few beats but Karina looked at her folder again. "We're the one asking the questions here, Ms. Im. You were found coming from a pier. Do you remember what you were doing there?"

 

The heiress glared at the two detectives. She just wants this interrogation done so she can find her team. Answering their questions faster would make this all over. "What does your folder say about us, Detective? We're a group of alleged criminals, are we not? There's a warehouse in that pier that was rumored to contain diamonds, gold bars, lost paintings. We were there to confirm that rumor."

 

Winter sighed. Yoona was playing a game with them, neither confirming nor denying a crime was committed. "Whose idea was it to check out the pier?"

 

"All our... adventures are ideas of the one mastermind, G-Dragon. Law enforcements are familiar with him, right?" Yoona can't believe she's now bragging about G-Dragon when years ago she was trying to get him arrested. "If you are, you'd know that all jobs that he masterminded are flawless. No evidence, no slip-ups. He thinks of all the possible outcomes, all of our actions calculated. Nothing happens that is not according to his plan."

 

"Is that so?"

 

Yoona shrugged, GD's work speaks for itself. 

 

Karina smirked. "Then why are you here? Why did you get caught, Ms. Im? What went wrong?"

 

Yoona's arrogance slowly left her body as she pondered over that question. They were right. What did happen? Why did she get caught? "I.. I.. Something.. must have gone very wrong."

 

 

A few hours before...

 

Yoona and G-Dragon were standing on a high ground, a few hundred meters from the warehouse containing the billions of dollars of treasure.  The warehouse was heavily guarded by armed men all around its entrances. It was surrounded by probably hundreds of rows of similar looking warehouses only differing in colors around the pier. GD grabbed the crossbow they brought with them and loaded it with an arrow.

 

"You ready?" GD asked.

 

Yoona nodded. "Months and months of searching and we are a few minutes away from it all."

 

"Revenge for Kwon Yuri."

 

"And then we'll go on a Southeast Asian tour you've been bugging me about," She said, lightening up the atmosphere. They've gone over the plan with the crew a thousand times since finding where the treasure was stashed. They're ready for this. The heiress checked her watch again. "One minute."

 

GD positioned himself and at the exact time, he shot the crossbow at the warehouse, triggering the alarm to sound. The guards were in high alert and searched around the place but found no intruders. From the binoculars, GD saw one of the guards bringing out a phone and dialing a number.

 

Yoona's phone rang in cue. Earlier, V had hacked into the security system they were using and it routed the call to Yoona's phone. "Sentry security systems, how may I help you?"

 

While Yoona kept the guards busy, V and Irene sneaked into the back entrance that was left unguarded due to the commotions. They got in and V immediately brought out his tablet to hack into the alarm box. It only took him a record of a minute and a half to disable the motion sensor that surrounded the inside of the warehouse. 

 

The two exchanged a smile as V took a step forward. There was a click, just a quiet click but Irene heard it.

 

"Hold it." Irene whispered.

 

"Uh oh. What's wrong?" V whispered back. 

 

"A trip alarm. You tripped it." Irene said, examining the floor. "I can probably reach its box to disable it. But you gotta stay still."

 

V nodded slowly. A drop of sweat fell on his forehead. This wasn't part of the plan. They have no earpieces too so they can't really alert the leaders of this little mishap.

 

V felt Irene slowly climbing onto his back, manouvering carefully but expertly. From his back, Irene climbed his body until she has her legs locked on his waist and she was hugging him from the front. She stopped when they were face to face, V's nervousness suddenly gone as he stared at his lover's eyes.

 

"Hey," Irene breathed. 

 

A smile slowly appeared on his face as he stared at her. "Hi. Kiss for luck?"

 

"Baby, I'm the best thief in the world. I don't believe in luck." 

 

V's smile didn't leave his face though. He just thought, Damn right she's the best.

 

With that, Irene bended her body downwards and landed on her feet and successfully avoiding tripping the alarm. She walked over to the box and disabled the alarm.

 

The two were able to breath easily after that. GD and Yoona slipped inside from the same back entrance, avoiding the guards expertly. 

 

"You just disarmed it? What took so long?" GD asked when he saw the two haven't started boxing the paintings.

 

V ran a hand through his hair. "We ran into a problem." He walked over to the light switch and turned the lights on.

 

They got a bright full view of the warehouse. There were paintings everywhere, they've already recognized some of its artists in just one look. They were right. There were Picassos, Van Goghs, Klimts. Paintings that the whole world thought lost forever was here. On one corner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter