Thirty

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With her body weak, her loud shouting and screaming stopped after a few minutes. Yoona had lost all energy, all the will to function.

 

She sat on the chair, her hands cuffed on the table, her head down as she sobbed silently on her seat, mourning her friends.

 

"We found the van in the river along with three bodies.  It's been identified as Kwon Jiyong, Kim Taehyung and Bae Joohyun. There are still men looking for Dong Young Bae and Choi Seunghyun." Karina softly informed her. With that, the two detectives stood up and left the room, leaving Yoona alone.

 

Three minutes later, the door to the interrogation room opened and a man entered. He threw a tissue pack on the table and leaned towards the door, not coming any closer. He put his hands in his pockets."You can drop the act now. No one's listening in. It's just the two of us."

 

Just the two of us.Where had she heard that before? 

 

Yoona didn't react at first. The man was confused but then he noticed that she wasn't sobbing anymore. She was laughing. Laughing uncontrollably that her shoulders were shaking. 

 

When she looked up, her face was still tear-stained but she definitely didn't look sad. With a trick she learned from GD, she quickly snapped the cuffs, freeing her hands from capture. She grabebd the pack of tissue and started dabbing her face to wipe the tears away. "Hey Sehunnie,"

 

He didn't smile back. He has a neutral expression on his face. How can he smile? His ex-fiancee is sitting in an interrogation room and is charged with grand larceny. "Where are they?"

 

"I'm sure you have many questions. But let me pull myself together first." Yoona laughed again as she used a hairpin to tie her hair together. "Man, I didn't even know I can act like that. Maybe my mother did teach me a thing or two."

 

"When did you find out?" 

 

"Find out what? That those two kids are not really detectives from the local police department? That they're really FBI agents in training? That we're in Quantico? The moment I opened my eyes. In case all of you forgot, I trained here too. Me and Yuri." She winked at him to . "When did you find out I was just pulling a con?"

 

Sehun smirked. "You would've fooled other agents. But I know you. You didn't cry or wail like that at Yuri's funeral. You just stared at her coffin looking... empty."

 

Yoona shrugged. He was right.

 

"You also said something earlier.. what was that again? Nothing happens that is not according to his plan."

 

The heiress leaned back on the chair and matched his smirk. "You caught that huh?"

 

"G-Dragon has kept his record clean. He never gets caught. I doubt he will let you, of all people, be caught, Yoona. So then I thought.. if Yoona's here.. it's because it's part of the plan that she's here."

 

Yoona was impressed. She didn't think he would get it immediately. 

 

She thought back to how it all came to be..

 

 

GD found Yoona sitting on a bench, staring at the beautiful flowers. It was rare seeing her dressed up as a socialite when they're not on a job. With Yoona, it's always pants and blouse. Today, she's a rich heiress. *The* rich heiress.

 

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked as he sat down next to her.

 

"When I grow older, I'm not sure if I want to be like my parents and have a big house like this. It's all impressive and all but what exactly do you do with a garden this big?"

 

The Im matriarch had sent one of her invitations again inviting them to the mansion. They just had lunch together and her mother was playing hostess inside so Yoona slipped out to spend some quiet time at her favorite place--the garden.

 

"We can do whatever we want. We can buy a house this big or we can go live in hostels all over the world. Go to your island, the world is your oyster, Yoong~"

 

Yoona raised an eyebrow when she noticed the word he used. "We?"

 

"Oh come on. Let's not pretend that after we nail that bastard Kim Jaejoong, we'll walk away from different directions as we did before. You're stuck with me, Im Yoona. Even if I have to handcuff myself to you." He answered, grabbing Yoona's hand and wrapping his around hers.

 

"Cuffs again? You naughty, naughty boy."

 

They laughed.

 

"Ms. Im." GD called out.

 

She couldn't help but smile. It started as a way to distance themselves from the other. They're not friends who call themselves by their first names. They were partners. But now, calling the other by their last name is their own thing. "Yes, Mr. Kwon?"

 

"I know that despite all the... good things that has happened with us, you and I and the crew.. I know that you feel like you couldn't be happy. You feel a sense of guilt everytime you laugh.."

 

Her smile fell. "Ji, please--"

 

"I may not understand exactly what that feels like but I see it in your eyes. When V does something stupid, you'll laugh but then there's a split-second where your eyes looks sad. Like you can't fully enjoy yourself. It's there every single time." He pushed away hair from her face as she tries her best not to tear up. 

 

"Yuri's my best friend, Ji. It's--"

 

"I know. That's why.. I wanted to tell you.. We'll make them pay. I'm with you on this. We won't stop, Yoong. I'm going to cook up a plan like no other. And we're going to take them down. All of them. I don't care how long it will take. I want to see you smile without that sadness that follows. And I get what I want."

 

"OPPA! YOONA UNNIE! WE'RE READY TO GO~ COME ON!" They heard Irene shout from the house. 

 

"HEY YOU LOVEBIRDS, WE HAVE A LONG DRIVE AHEAD OF US!" TOP shouted too.

 

Oh yeah, it wasn't only GD and Yoona who received an invitation. The whole crew did.

 

"Thank you so much for inviting us, Mrs. Lee. You have a very, very beautiful home." Hyo Rin politely thanked their host for the crew. Hyo Rin has taken the role of the public relations officer for the team. The crew hasn't exactly been trained in etiquettes and proper manners with normal people.

 

"Yeah, beautiful and full of questionable artworks." Dara added.

 

"Sandara Park.." TOP warned her in a low voice.

 

The crew had met the insurance investigator by this time. It was hard for Dara to accept that she fell for her nemesis but love is love. They had a rule that they would not steal anything that is insured by Dara's company to prevent conflict of interest.

 

Lee Mi-suk laughed instead of being offended. "They are very good imitations of expensive paintings, aren't they?" Then she winked.

 

Dara had to shake her head and closed her eyes muttering to herself, "I didn't see that. I didn't hear anything~'"

 

"Thank you so much for your hospitality, Mrs. Lee." Taeyang said again as the foursome left to get in their car. The crew took two cars for the trip. Hyo Rin, Taeyang, Dara and TOP in one car and the leaders and the young ones on the other.

 

"It's a pleasure seeing you again, Auntie~" V said, smiling brightly and hugging Yoona's mother. "I upgraded your security system and boosted the WiFi so you're getting faster internet now."

 

"Oh Kim Taehyung! Aigoo. You grew up so quickly. Thank you, my dear." Mi-suk patted him on th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter