Nineteen

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Three of you are lying," Yoona narrowed her eyes at them. "Need I remind you that Taeyang's wife is kidnapped? Do we have time to go through this?"

 

TOP, GD, Irene and Taeyang all shouted their protests about them telling the truth. 

 

"I'm still searching for the mob's known locations and for possible buyers of the original sword. I think we have time for this." V said, typing away on the computer. 

 

Yoona nodded. "Okay, then. Let's see who's really telling the truth." She leaned back on her seat and opened a can of beer. "Who's going first?"

 

Irene, G-Dragon and TOP all looked to Taeyang. Since he's the one with the most connection to all of this, he should probably go first.

 

Taeyang sighed, crossing his arms. "Okay, it's the morning of the launch exhibit, right?"

 

T H E  H I T T E R

 

The sun hit the windows, making Taeyang squint from the sudden light. The figure next to him slightly moved, he smiled remembering who it was. He cuddled her closer and heard her halfhearted protests. 

 

"Good morning," he greeted, opening his eyes to see the beautiful woman lying next to him.

 

"Morning," Hyo Rin rubbed her eyes and yawned. "Big day today. I better prepare."

 

She tried to sit up but he pulled her back, pouting.

 

"How about a good morning kiss to your husband first?" He pointed childishly at his lips.

 

Hyo Rin paused, studying his face for a few beats before sweeping in for a quick kiss. "Now, can I prepare for work, husband?"

 

Taeyang grinned, satisfied. 

 

Hyo Rin stood up, wrapping the blanket around her. 

 

"Ya," Taeyang called out, before she left the room. "The necklace looks good on you. It looks especially good when it's the only thing you're wearing." He winked at her and she blushed deeply, turning away.

 

Taeyang sighed, looking at their bathroom door with a sad expression. He'll be leaving her today. After all, this is just all for the heist, right?

 

 

"I'll see you later, okay?" Hyo Rin said, grabbing her car keys from the living room. "We'll have dinner outside?"

 

"Yeah, baby. I'll see you. Take care!"

 

The front door closed. He heard her car start and leave their driveway. 

 

Taeyang looked around. "Time to clean up." 

 

And so he did. He cleaned the entire house, making sure no trace of him remained.

 

xxxx

 

The hitter arrived at the museum four hours before its grand exhibit launch. The museum was closed for today to prepare for tonight's events but there were a lot of security around. 

 

The wedding ring on his finger and the flowers he brought for Hyo Rin was his ticket in. The fact that he's been coming and going in the museum for weeks, the usual security personnels were already used to him.

 

"Big day today, Keita-san?" He asked the young security guard that was at the lobby.

 

Keita nodded. "This Masamune sword is apparently a *big* deal. I even heard that there are authorities around."

 

That didn't make Taeyang worried. He had established a solid fake identity when he started dating Hyo Rin. He is an accountant for a firm near the museum. He was there to visit his wife. There shouldn't be any speculations that the notorious assassin and hitter is in the building. 

 

With the flowers behind him, he knocked on Hyo Rin's office door. "Surprise!"

 

"Baby? What are you doing here?"

 

"I know that this is an important event for you. As a good husband, I listen and you told me that this is the first project your spearheaded. I wanted to show my support. So..." He revealed the bouquet of flowers. "For my beautiful wife."

 

She gasped and gave him a hug. "You're really making me the subject of gossips here, you know? All the women are getting jealous."

 

"Ahh, let them. My baby deserves all the flowers!" 

 

Hyo Rin giggled, giving him a sensual kiss on the lips. "But I'm busy with last minute changes. I won't be able to entertain you."

 

"That's okay, I can be your assistant for today."

 

They walked on the exhibit room, checking every detail. There is going to be a banquet as well so a catering team was preparing on one side of the room. 

 

"Excuse me, where should I put these glasses?" A waitress approached her holding a bunch of glasses. The way she held it was careless and she seemed very disinterested in working. 

 

"Uhmm, just put it at the corner." 

 

"Cool! Thanks!"

 

As the waitress walked away, the married couple looked at each other. "She was weird."

 

"Ms. Min! Ahh, finally, it's hard to get a hold of you today." A man walked up to them,a notebook on hand.

 

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lee. Last minute preparations are being made. This is my husband, Taeyang. Taeyang, this is Mr. Lee from Steranko Insurance."

 

The two men shook hands. Mr. Lee is an older man, probably around his 40s, he has a graying mustache which made him look a little funny in Taeyang's eyes. "Great to meet you, Mr. Lee. Insurance, you say?"

 

"Yes, insurance investigator, actually. I'm just here to make sure everything goes well in the event. The Masamune sword is a priceless artifact. We don't want any mishaps to happen."

 

Taeyang nodded.  Is this the authorities they were talking about? Still not worried, what can an old man do to stop him from stealing the sword? Pssh.

 

"I'm going to check with the security team, Ms. Min. I'll look for you later if I have any questions."

 

"All this walking around gets tiring!" Hyo Rin complained. "Should we take a break?"

 

"Where is this sword, by the way?" He casually asked. "Isn't it supposed to be the center of display?"

 

"It's still in the vault. I wanted to keep it safe. With everyone bustling around the room, better be safe, you know? I seriou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter