Lifetime

In The Tune Of Spartace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BREAKING: SINGER AND ENTERTAINER KIM JONG KOOK DIES DUE TO CANCER

 

Ji Hyo can’t believe what she read. For the first time in a while, she opened her phone to check the internet and this was the first thing she saw. She doesn’t want to believe it. She wants to think that it’s just a rumor, a fake news. But it’s all over the internet! Her phone fell into the ground as well as her tears. No, this can’t be happening. No! Her Oppa’s still alive! 

 

Her doorbell started ringing. “Noona! Noona!” Kwang Soo came running to her once he learned about what happened. 

 

Ji Hyo opened her door, with tears still falling down her face. Kwang Soo hugged his Noona once he came in. 

 

“Tell me it’s not true. I might not have saw him for a long time but I know he’ll never let himself get sick. Tell me, Kwang Soo. Oppa’s still alive right? Those articles are not true!” Kwang Soo can’t stop himself from crying. He knew that this will happen. He came prepared, but tears still fell. He just hugged his Noona tighter to calm her down. Once she calmed down, Kwang Soo made her freshen up and changed into black clothes.

 

“Let’s go. I know you have a lot of questions, I’ll answer them in the car. They’re waiting for us.” Kwang Soo said.

 

As they were making their way to the wake they remained quiet. “Ask away, don’t overthink. It’s not good you know.” Kwang Soo felt that his Noona is answering her questions by herself. 

 

“Did you know about it? Did you know he has cancer?” Ji Hyo started, trying not to cry again.

 

“I do. All the other members knew. It was during a dinner you can’t come when he collapsed in front of us. We rushed him to the emergency room. The doctor said that his oncologist is already on the way. We were confused as to why an oncologist will come. Then the doctor said that Hyung was diagnosed with colorectal cancer a week before we rushed him in. It was diagnosed at a late stage. It even spread out to his other organs already.” Kwang Soo answered her. 

 

“Why didn’t you guys tell me? Am I not your friend or his friend? For God’s sake! I was by his side for 10 years! I was there running with you guys for a decade!” Ji Hyo angrily asked.

 

“Noona, calm down! It was his decision! He has his own reason why he didn’t tell you.” Kwang Soo answered her. 

 

“So that’s the reason why he’s not showing up for the last few months? The reason why he’s not starring in any shows? The reason why he’s not even answering my messages and calls? Where was he?” Ji Hyo continued her interrogation.

 

“Yes. He stopped everything he’s doing. He flew to Los Angeles for his medication. But we didn’t knew he stopped contacting you because he still called us. I swear Noona. If we knew that he didn’t call you or even messaged you, we could have said something to him. We could have made him message you at least.” Kwang Soo didn’t know that Jong Kook didn’t communicate with his Noona. He’s honestly frustrated at his Hyung.

 

“What happened? If he was taking medications and was doing everything to overcome his illness, why did he died?” Ji Hyo can’t help but to burst into tears after she blurted out her last question. Kwang Soo was also on the verge of tears but remained calm to answer Ji Hyo’s questions. 

 

“As he was diagnosed late, the doctors can’t do anything. They said that Hyung only have 2 months left to live. He immediately came home to Korea. To spend the last months he has with his family. We came to visit him in their family’s house in Anyang. We said that he should let you know. He was going to. But the doctors were wrong. A month hasn’t even ended yet, but, but—“ Ji Hyo stopped him as she doesn’t want yo hear it again.

 

The rest of their way to the wake was awfully quiet. When th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter