Say You Won't Let Go

In The Tune Of Spartace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongkook sits by the window in his home, sipping his tea. Watching the cars go by, the birds fly by, the sun sets by his window. It’s his way to spend the afternoon. It’s also the time when he relives the moments and memories he had over the course of his life. And a moment that forever changed his life flashed in his mind. 

KIM JONGKOOK AND SONG JIHYO TO LEAVE SBS RUNNING MAN

Jongkook read the headline and the article countless times only to not understand it at all. He remembered nothing that suggests he will leave the show. He remembered that he had a promise with all of the cast that he will never leave whatever happens. He’s certain that he never made this decision. What is happening? And before he could process everything, his phone was then flooded with messages. But only one message caught his eyes. 

Song Jihyo
Oppa, what's happening? What's this article?

Before he could answer her message, his manager called him. Jongkook had to do things about this and later forgot to reply. He then got more busier as things kinda got out of hand. Then the chatroom of the Running Man members started to get noisy too and also siding with them by deciding to also quit the show alongside with them. Jongkook assured them it’s okay. But as they messaged each other, Jongkook came to realize their only girl wasn't responding and even reading their messages. He tried to call her but her phone was off. He doesn’t know her brother’s phone number so he resorted to asking the youngest member check on his noona through her brother. And alas, Jihyo locked herself up in her room. She hasn't come out of her room ever since the article was published and spread on the internet. Jongkook knew no one could make her go out tonight, so he made it a point to come over to her apartment tomorrow evening.

Jongkook went to Jihyo’s apartment just before the sun set. Seungmoon informed him how it was the whole day. She didn’t open the door at all, hence not eating the whole day. Seungmoon kept on knocking the door and will also be kept turned down by Jihyo. And he’s starting to get worried about his sister. 

“I’ll try, Seungmoon-ah. She’s having a hard time. You know your sister.” Jongkook said with a tired smile. 

He then comes to Jihyo’s door. He knocked three times, no response. Again, he knocked three times and again no response. 

“Jihyo-yah, it’s Oppa. Jongkook oppa.” Jongkook says, as he knocks again. “Come out, let’s go somewhere. Don’t just sleep in there.” He keeps on knocking with the hope she’ll eventually open the door because of annoyance. 

“Yah, you know I won’t stop until you open the door. Let’s drink, Song Jihyo. We both need it.” Jongkook said. 

And for the nth knock, Jihyo opened the door. Bloodshot and puffy eyes, runny nose, and dressed in her outdoor clothes. She doesn’t look good at all, but no one can deny she’s still pretty whatever happens. Jongkook was then reminded why she’s like this and why he’s here. He’s just like Jihyo. Fired, kicked out, let go of, and all the other words synonymous to it. He opened his arms, knowing they both needed this hug. When she circled her arms around him, the flood gates they thought have nothing anymore opened once again. Once they calmed down and fixed their faces, Jongkook dragged Jihyo out of her apartment complex and went to a nearby restaurant. 

“Oppa, you said we’re going to drink.” Jihyo whined.

“On an empty stomach? No way, Jihyo.” Jongkook answered.

With insistence, Jongkook was able to make Jihyo finish her food despite her loss of appetite. Going back to the car with little talks here and there. Just the silence and presence of each other were able to comfort one another. Jongkook takes a glance at Jihyo beside him from time to time. 

“Oppa, are sure you’re going to drink? I mean you don’t drink or are rare to drink.” Jihyo asked as she saw they were nearing Itaewon. 

“You know we both need it Jihyo.” Jongkook chuckles. “But don’t worry, I’ll just drink one bottle. We need to go back home in all pieces. Plus, I know how you’ll douse yourself in liquor and will need someone sober later.”

“You bet.” Jihyo finally smiles.

They entered a crowded club, mostly occupied by foreigners and upper Korean men and women. No one would tell the news outlets that the most talked about celebrities as of the moment are there because they don’t care that there were Song Jihyo and Kim Jongkook plus they’re all wasted even if the night is young. Jongkook got a booth far from the spotlight yet near the dance floor for Jihyo. She might be a bad dancer but no one can stop her anyway. He thought he’ll have crying Jihyo for tonight as her drunk persona but he was surprised that she’s rather enjoying the night.

“I’m surprised. You don’t even want to get out of your room a while ago and now you’re enjoying this.”

“Yeah. I’m unemployed! I don’t have to ing run every week anymore.” Jihyo laughs softly, but Jongkook knew that’s not what she thinks about this. “At least I still have a non-blood related family despite being fired. I still have th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter