Superstar

In The Tune Of Spartace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before she was Song Jihyo, she was Cheon Seongim. A girl who lived along the shores of Pohang. A girl who grew up to be so tough and so beautiful. A girl who became a woman in the city of Seoul and became a star, a shining star. She never knew she would be one of the superstars. She never even thought she'd ever become a star. But here she is going home to her town not only as Seongim the daughter of her parents, but also as Song Jihyo, the daughter of Pohang. 

 

She’s not alone though, she’s going home with her boyfriend. Kim Jongkook, that one she thought as the biggest superstar out there when she lives along the shores as she sings along his songs, shouting his name, and dreaming about him. He’s the true definition of superstar for her. If she tells her younger self that the man she’s crushing so hard on will be her boyfriend one day, she’ll probably won’t believe her. God, she still doesn’t believe it too. But he’s there beside her, looking all great as he drives his car on the way to her childhood house.

 

Jihyo was lost in her thoughts and didn’t even notice they had already arrived. It seemed she was reliving her memories as they got near to their destination. Jongkook saw her face lighting up and also looking all sentimental. He caught her repressing a laugh one time. All her memories in her hometown probably came rushing to her. She looked cute though, he thought, a little crazy maybe.

 

“Babe.” Jongkook called her attention. “We’re here, stop daydreaming.” He chuckled.

 

“We’re here?” Jihyo looked around and saw the familiar surroundings. “Hey, I wasn’t!”

 

“Sure babe, sure.” He smiled and took her hand. “Let’s go, your parents have been waiting for us already.”

 

They were welcomed by the smell of the sea as well as Jihyo’s mother cooking. They had lunch together with her parents. Catching up, telling different stories about their friends and work, and of course the question was popped. When are you going to get married? The couple have already been so used to the question that they never get flustered hearing it. They told them that not yet but they know they want to. They said eventually they’ll tie the knot, besides each other’s careers are taking off; they can’t risk it. They were let go with sighs they have already memorized all throughout the years. As the lunch ended, Jihyo volunteered to clean up and wash the dishes. Jongkook wanted to help her, but Jihyo’s mother already pulled him towards the living room to show him things about Jihyo. Jihyo could only chuckle as she saw her loved ones bonding. 

 

“Here, look at Jihyo when she was little.” Gwija excitedly passed Jongkook the photo album. “She’s been pretty ever since.”

 

“Yes, Eomoni.” Jongkook smiled as he looked at baby Jihyo. “Very pretty, I must say.”

 

“Our first baby, all grown up now.” Jihyo’s dad said as he looked over at his daughter rinsing the dishes. “All grown up now, she even brought her boyfriend here.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter