The 1

In The Tune Of Spartace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo’s been doing good ever since the variety show she worked on before ended. She has been doing dramas and movies left and right. She has been saying yes to different projects nonstop. It was her way to cope up with the emptiness she feels from Monday and Tuesday. She’s been on that show for years, she's been loyal to that show for years. Even though knowing that it will someday stop. Even though knowing that they will never be running for forever. Even though knowing that they are already preparing for the last episodes of the show, she still wasn’t ready. She wasn’t ready to let go something she was cherishing like it was her life. She knows that they will be still there for each other, that they will always meet up with each other. But it’s too different from what they have been doing for more than a decade. Even though it was too exhausting for her, she accepts a lot of work, be it commercials, endorsements, dramas or movies. She also does this to cope up with losing a person so dearly to her. Ji Hyo didn’t technically lose someone, but we can say that. One of the members that are so precious to her, suddenly disappeared and didn’t contact them. It’s like a Kang Gary part 2, but the difference is she didn’t love Gary like she did and still does for this person.

 

As Ji Hyo was resting in the back of her van going to another schedule after another, her phone rang. She was delighted to see the caller’s ID, and immediately picked up the call.

 

“Noona~~~” The caller greeted.

 

“Oh, Kwang Soo-yah~. Why are you calling? You’re missing Noona, aren’t you?” Ji Hyo answered.

 

“Yes, Mondays still don't feel right without you guys, especially without my loving Noona.” Kwang Soo said.

 

“Yah, you need something, don’t you? Why are you acting sweet?” Ji Hyo said, even though she loved the sweetness of her first dongsaeng on the show.

 

“I don’t need anything Noona. I just called to check on you. You’ve been working nonstop, that i see you like everyday and everywhere! Yah, Noona, you better take care of yourself, arasso? I don't want see you lying in a hospital bed, we don't, you know that.” Kwang Soo reminded her.

 

“I know, I know. Even though I’ve been saying yes to all the projects, I still reject some, knowing that I’m not that strong and young anymore.”

 

“Yeah, that’s right, you’re 45 already. You’re nearing 50!” Kwang Soo teased.

 

“Yah, even though I’m old already, I don’t look like my age! And also, you’re old too! You’re 41!” Ji Hyo answered back.

 

“I know! Aish. So how have you been-” Ji Hyo didn’t hear what Kwang soo was saying as she was distracted by someone. 

 

“Oppa, stop the car.” Ji Hyo said to her manager.

 

“What?” 

 

“I said stop the car! I need to go down! Now!” 

 

Ji Hyo’s manager stopped the car. Ji Hyo rushed to get out of it. She runs to the bus stop, looking for him. Looking for Jong Kook. Where are you? You're here right? Show me that I'm right, please. I knew I saw you Oppa, just show up. I'm begging you. But there weren’t any traces of him. Ji Hyo was disappointed to see nothing but citizens gushing at her. She bowed, smiled, and waved at them, embarrassed. Her manager came running to save her from the growing crowd surrounding her. 

 

“What was that? You know that you’re popular and anyone can recognize you, but you ran there without anything to disguise yourself!” Her manager scolded her while helping her get into the car.

 

“I’m sorry, Oppa.” That’s all she can say. She knows it wasn’t the best thing she ever did. She noticed that her call with Kwang Soo is still going.

 

“Kwang Soo-yah, are you still there? I’m sorry.” She apologized to the younger for making him wait for their call and possibly making him worried.

 

“Noona, what happened? Are you okay?” Kwang Soo asked.

 

“Im okay. I just thought I saw someone I know in the street. But he wasn’t there. I must be a little sleepy and tired.” Ji Hyo admitted.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter