When We Were Young

In The Tune Of Spartace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They’re gathered together once again. They wanted to celebrate the show’s 15th year even though it long have been canceled. They’re having fun like they used to 5 years ago, even 15 years ago. Jong Kook didn’t know how their friendship have gone so strong in the last 15 years. They’ve been there for each other through thick and thin, and he knows how he’s thankful that they are the ones with him during all those times. But unlike the 10th year celebration, a member is nowhere to be found but three other old members were added. 

 

“Okay, okay! Settle down, everyone! I know that you’re all excited since we’re gathered all together after a long time. Even though we’re not complete today, I’d—“ Jae Suk’s speech was cut off by the sound of the door closing. 

 

“Who said we’re not complete?” An uproar by all the members was heard once Ji Hyo came in their private area in Dong Hoon and Jong Kook’s restaurant. They all came to her to hug and greet her. 

 

“Wait! Let’s all have a toast before we catch up with this lady beside me, alright? To 15 years and counting of friendship!” Jae Suk raised his glass, forgetting his speech before Ji Hyo came as he was excited as well. 

 

“To 15 years and counting of friendship!” They all clanked their glasses and drank the beer. 

 

Everybody’s attention is on Ji Hyo. They’re enchanted by her radiating beauty. They’re listening intently to her as if all her words were a melody to their ears. They’re taking their time in absorbing Ji Hyo’s presence. They’re star struck by her even though they’re top celebrities too. Who can blame them. It’s Song Ji Hyo. One of the top actresses in Korea, known for being the ace in variety shows in the whole Asia. And now, she’s making her name in Hollywood.

 

Jong Kook can’t listen to her stories like the others did. All he can do is to stare at her. Laugh when she laughs, smile when she smiles. He missed her, too much. When she said to them, that she’s leaving for the States, he can’t help but to feel sad. He can go and visit her anytime especially since he’s always there, but it doesn’t feel the same when she’s here in Korea, right by his side. That adds up with his love for her. Before the show ended, he was already preparing to confess to her. He was ready to take all the risks, he was so sure of what he will do as there are no more shows to jeopardize. But when he was going to tell her everything that he feels for her, she said that she’s going to America to start her Hollywood career. That was the reason why she was studying English that she was even caught on camera by Kwang Soo with her lockscreen being months of the year in English. She was even conversing with him  in the other language easily at some point. It was the reason why she wasn’t thinking of marriage even though she’s already 40 in Korean reckoning. It was the reason why she wasn’t interested into any romantic relationships. And because of that, Jong Kook didn’t confessed to her. He was afraid that he’ll distract her from her goal if ever she knew about his feelings. He was afraid that he’ll hinder her from achieving her new dreams. And because of that he let her go, without a word. 

 

“Yah, Ji Hyo-yah! You still don’t have any boyfriend?” Suk J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter