Eight

In The Tune Of Spartace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Year 2025

 

So are you happy now?

Finally happy now, are you?

 

IU’s voice is blasting throughout the nation as her song is played through the radio. Jong Kook’s listening intently, bopping his head from time to time and singing the parts he knows. IU’s definitely became a huge star already, huh? Oh, right. She’s already a big name when she guests on the show. How I miss her guesting in Running Man. Oh, and I miss filming too. Jong Kook thinks of the times she guests on the show. Though not always on her team, she definitely became one of the closest guests to him and the whole gang. He definitely misses filming. He definitely misses running around, ousting everyone coming his way. He misses Mondays and Tuesdays when he have to comply to different ridiculous mission. He misses his friends. He misses her. Do you miss me too? Are you happy now, Ji Hyo-yah?

 

Well, I’m exactly the same

I think I have lost everything

Everything comes as it pleases and leaves

 

Jong Kook stayed the same. He’s still dissatisfied and unhappy. He’s still unmarried. He’s still lonely. He lost everything, how could he be happy? All the things that come his way will never stay and just abruptly leave when he’s already getting used to it. And then his constants all left. Running Man ended due to some complications and problems. They knew it will happen, they didn’t want to fight for it anymore, knowing well that their bodies aren’t the same as it were before when they were starting. Though a hard decision they decided to let go and bid goodbye to the show that made them who they are today, that made them friends and eventually a family, that made Ji Hyo and Jong Kook a great couple.He didn’t only lose the show but also his woman. It was his fault. It was never hers. All she wanted was to settle down. All she wanted was to just walk down the aisle and say I do. All she wanted was to start their family. He wanted that all too. But he became scared. He didn’t know exactly why, when all he says was he wanted to get married and have kids. It always comes out of his mouth, but he can’t do it. He didn’t know why he’s like this, but he just can’t help but to fear everything. Even if she’s just there waiting for him. Even if she’s just there ready to achieve it all with him. 

 

_____________________________________________

Year 2021

 

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo spend the day together in his apartment. With their schedules always clashing with one another, they finally had the time to be together. It’s just the usual routing they do. Eat and share stories of their own. Watching movies and dramas in his living room while cuddling. Sometimes, they go out and drive around Seoul. But Jong Kook feels that there’s something that bothers Ji Hyo. She’s been acting weird ever since they met today. 

 

“Ji Hyo-yah, are you alright? Is something bothering you? You’ve been acting weird.” Jong Kook asks, worried. 

 

“When are you going to ask me to marry you?” Ji Hyo suddenly blurted out. 

 

“Why are you impatient, Love? Do you want to get married already?” Jong Kook got nervous all of a sudden. 

 

“Yes. Besides, you always say you want to get married already. In every show you come on, you’ll say you want to get married and you should soon.” Ji Hyo got out of his arms and faced him. “Let’s get married, Oppa. I don’t need those fancy engagements. Let’s just prepare for the wedding and get married.”

 

“Yah, why do you suddenly want to get married? Running Man is still on going. And you and I are doing a lot of projects lately. Don’t you think it’s not the right time to get married?” Jong Kook excuses.

 

“Because we’re not getting any younger. We’re both not in our thirties any more. There’s no such thing as the wrong time to get married, especially if I’m sure that I want to ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter