I'll Never Love Again

In The Tune Of Spartace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They never said goodbyes. They never had closure. They just drifted apart. The once joined in the hip duo, the once strongest couple ever graced Running Man is gone. What went wrong? Why did it happen? How did it come to this point? And all the other questions JIhyo was asked by all her closest friends who knew about their relationships. She didn’t answer them. She just gave them a faint smile signaling them it was uncomfortable to talk about it. She didn’t answer them not because it was uncomfortable or because she wanted to keep things private but she honestly didn't know the answers to the questions thrown at her. Heck, she didn’t even know it officially ended because all he asked was a break. Maybe they or she will never find out. She’ll never be able to move because she's stuck with the question she was left with her broken heart. If she knew it would end, she could have said goodbye. She could have said all the things she has left in her body. Maybe even cry or bawl her eyes out in front Jongkook although that’ll be embarrassing. Jihyo would have broken her heart into two just to save a part of it for him if ever he will come back.

 

Back in 2009, when they met for the first time for a variety show, Jihyo never thought that she'd fall for Jongkook. Not even in the years when they got to work together in Running Man. She would never have thought that she'd end up in the arms of the muscled man and even loved the feeling and the warmth being enveloped by his bulky arms. But then the universe had some other plans.

 

“ Jihyo-yah.” Jongkook called her.

 

“Yes, Oppa.” Jihyo turned to him.

 

“Let’s go out.” He blurted out.

 

“What do you mean, we’re outdoors.” Jihyo chuckles as she brings her attention back to what she was doing.

 

“Let’s date. Let’s date, Song Jihyo.”  Jongkook said. Jihyo was about to burst out laughing until she saw his expression. Somber, serious. He’s not even smiling or smirking. He just stares straight into her eyes, waiting for her answer. “If you think this is just a hidden camera prank or I am just teasing you, no it’s not. I’m serious, Jihyo. Let’s go out. Let’s date.”

 

Jihyo doesn't know how to respond. She never thought he'd ask her out, she even never thought he sees her as a woman. “Oppa, I-”

 

“You’re probably shocked by my invitation. Don’t worry I won’t rush or even force you to. But I just think we’ll be perfect.” Jongkook cut her. “I’ll wait for your decision. Whenever you’re ready, I’m just here.”

 

“Then let’s try it, Oppa. Let’s date.”

 

And with that, their romantic relationship began. They went out to dates around Korea with their disguise as to not catch the attention of the public. When time permits, they’d fly to other countries just to spend more time in each other’s embrace. Jihyo and Jongkook would be lying if they say the times and moments they shared together weren't part of their lives’ best. But their fallout and breakup wasn’t part of that. Their schedules literally just clashed with each other’s. They couldn’t meet. They couldn’t talk with each other. Maybe that’s the reason why. Or the every little thing they had arguments about. Or maybe because, they weren’t just for each other. Maybe the fortune tellers weren’t right. Maybe the fans who speculated they had sparks between them were wrong. Maybe, the time wasn’t right. Maybe they were too late or even too early. Maybe Jongkook and Jihyo weren’t for each other. She just doesn’t know the answer until now.

 

After another heated argument, the two looked away from each other. These days all they do is to argue, to fight. In Running Man this is what they do but this is real life, she thought.

 

“If we’re going to be like this everytime, in each other’s throat, why should we prolong this?” Jongkook asks. Jihyo doesn’t respond, already knowing what will happen next. “Let’s take a break, Jihyo-yah.”

 

“It was you who wanted to try it out. And I think it’ll be the best for you to call this off, Oppa. If that’s what you want, I’ll gladly follow suit.” Jihyo said, thankful her voice didn’t crack and her tears didn’t fall. 

 

“You’re not fighting for us, Jihyo? I thought you'd say that we just need to talk it out.” Jongkook chuckles. “I thought you won’t back off, Song Jihyo.”

 

“Why would I? When I’ll be the only one fighting for this?” Jihyo turned to him, finally letting her tears free. “It’s what you want. I don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter