Met You By Chance - him

In The Tune Of Spartace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s the 10th year anniversary of Running Man. Who would’ve have thought they could last this long? Jong Kook didn’t expect that they would be together on Mondays for a decade. To celebrate their friendship, they decided to go to a karaoke. They might not be the best singers, but who cares? It’s their time to enjoy and laugh for giving their best!

 

The Running Man members rented out a karaoke room and requested for the farthest one from the people. They wanted no attention as to enjoy themselves. They all arrived except for Ji Hyo.

 

“Where’s Ji Hyo?” Jae Suk asked. “We cannot start without her!”

 

“That’s right! Why is she always late? I’ll scold her later.” All of them burst into laughter as Suk Jin said this.

 

“Hyung, you always say that! But once Ji Hyo arrives, you’ll shut your mouth even before you scold her!” Suk Jin can’t deny what Dong Hoon said.

 

Speaking of which, Ji Hyo arrives in the middle of their laughter. “What, why? What did I missed?”

 

“Noona~~! Finally, you’re here!” Kwang Soo made his way to his noona to give her a hug.

 

Ji Hyo greeted all of them with a warm smile and hug. Once they are all settled, they started their celebration. They all take their turns of singing (it was mostly Jae Suk and Kwang Soo). When a dance songs come on, they dance like there’s no tomorrow (like there’s no live broadcast of Running Man the next day). 

 

Jong Kook has never let his eyes off Ji Hyo the whole night. He knows that she’s tired and probably came from a shoot. While he was watching Ji Hyo, the members requested him to sing. Jong Kook can’t refuse to his friends. Despite being hesitant, he put in a song. Met You By Chance by Songgolmae

 

“Yah~, Jong Kook-ah! Do you have someone to confess to huh?” Jae Suk, who have observed him for a decade and probably knows to whom this song is dedicated to, teases. The other members wanted to also tease their hyung, but the song has already started.

 

“I met you by chance 

and your beauty stole my heart

I met you by chance

and your eyes captivated my heart”

 

Jong Kook has only one person in mind while singing. Ji Hyo.

 

They really met by chance on another variety show. And Jong Kook would be lying if he said he wasn’t captivated by Ji Hyo. She stole his heart right away when she came down from a van during the opening of Family Outing. During the shoot, he can’t stop smiling. He was caught on camera with the biggest smile when Ji Hyo danced Hot Issue. He can’t hide his happiness when Jae Suk graced him to be on the same team with her. He wouldn’t get over the time when Ji Hyo joined Jae Suk in pranking him saying that she loves him. 

 

“There’s something I want to tell you

Why can’t I muster the courage?”

 

The shooting that time was the best for him. He wanted it not to finish. But much in to his dismay, the shoot ended. He wasn’t able to get Ji Hyo’s number. He was dejected to go home without exchanging numbers with her.

 

After some time, a new variety show was offered to him, which he gladly accepted. On the second shoot, Ji Hyo appeared as a guest. He was very shy but he was very excited for the shoot. Eventually, Ji Hyo became a permanent host on Running Man. Jong Kook thought it would be great. Maybe this time, he could say that he likes her.

 

“I want to say it to you,

but I don’t feel confident

My heart is pounding”

 

After some time on the show, Ji Hyo was paired with Gary, one of his dongsaengs, also the one who got away. He wasn’t able to tell Ji Hyo what he feels. And now that she’s in a loveline with someone else, Jong Kook felt that it’s impossible to confess to her. He just watched from behind everytime they do some “couple things”. He sometimes wish it was him who does the loveline with her. 

 

“I shall let all this frustration

Fly away in the wind”

 

Even if there was a loveline, Jong Kook’s admiration for Ji Hyo never faltered. After observing the Monday Couple, he was sure that it was just a loveline, a job for the pair. He slowly gained his confidence to let her know what he feels for her. But again, a new challenge came on the way. Ji Hyo was confirmed to be dating her CEO. This left him with shattered confidence and courage. He could not do anything as it was a true relationship, not a scripted one. Jong Kook decided he should not interfere with Ji Hyo’s relationship. He just wished her to be happy. He told himself to find someone else. But Ji Hyo’s relationship soon ended. He shouldn’t be happy about it, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter